User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
007ADVenture
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Besides the heat fixes, (which includes 2 fans instead of 1, extra air venting and a concave radiator) and an extra 100 watts from alternator (590 vs 490) I don't think there are any "major" changes. I have a gen 1 with the crommit heat fixes and I live in so ca. I don't have any problems with heat except when I'm not moving and sitting in traffic in summer. The fan kicks on at 4 bars and blows heat up my crouch. I Just keep moving. I don't ride my FJR much in town..just on mile eating slab adventures out of town. I would not be too concerned with the heat issue where you live.

Good luck!

PS Also they addressed the dreaded "ticking issue".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
So I'm looking at getting an FJR 1300. I need a bike with good weather protection, power, and looks, this bike seems to have all 3. I'm noticing quite a difference in pricing with the early ones and their apparent heat issues. Can you guys give me the basic improvements they've made on these over the years, and how much of an issue this 'heat' thing is? I'm in the PNW, so heat is usually no worries, but do go to the desert often.
Steve

007ADVenture screwed with this post 01-13-2009 at 03:13 PM
007ADVenture is offline   Reply With Quote