ruh roh
hey Yall

Oddometer: 296
I bet its supposed to say " translated : too fast"
Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
I just signed up for their newsletter and emailed the re: sizing. Will let y'all know what they say. Also they are backordered so I asked them when they might get more in stock and where I might see the suit in person.

Nice find.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Wow guys, I already received the return email from Ghazi at Teiz. I am really amazed at how quickly he responded and actually answered my questions as well!

Here is his email response:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our products. I have been monitoring the forums and I am assuming I am speaking to flux_capacitor :) I want to respond to the comments in the forum but registration is closed for new members.

Firstly, please let others on the forum know that "translate to fast" is not a misprint. The point of our tagline is that if you wear the right gear and feel safe, you will automatically go faster and feel more confident.

Secondly, we have tried to ensure that everything is of the highest quality and comparable to many of the higher-priced competitive products out there. There is an impression that if the suit costs less it must not be that good, but I think riders will stand corrected once they have experienced the suit.

We do not advertise the suit as being 100% waterproof. However, Cordura is water resistant and there is in internal waterproof liner called Drench Quench which should provide further protection. The front zipper comes with a Velcro cover to prevent water seeping in from the front. All the vent zippers and most pockets are waterproof.

There is a sizing chart and some comparisons on the website:
http://teizms.com/comparisons-charts

The fit also depends on personal preferences. For example I am 5.8 and wear a small which is very snug on my body. But then I like the fitting to be very snug and I wear short underneath, take out the liner and avoid jeans. Normally a guy my size would go with medium. Using the sizing chart and comparing with your regular jacket size you can probably evaluate what would be comfortable size for you. If you are still confused, shoot me an email with your detailed size info.

We are working with dealers in Atlanta as well and hopefully it will be on display in Atlanta showrooms soon. We intend to launch direct sales to customers through our website in the next 2-3 months. If you email me right now about what you interested in, I can order a suit specifically for you as well. It will require a small deposit. If you think you will need a hi-viz color, you need to order ahead because they are custom ordered due to low demand. I will be posting new hi-res pictures and color swatches online soon.

Also, there are several colors available Regular Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Silver/Pewter, Dark Grey
Hi-Viz: Yellow, Orange, Light Green

Please feel free to email me any further questions.
Thanks
Ghazi

Ghazi Farooq
ghazi@teizms.com
(408) 396-0881

www.teizms.com
info@teizms.com"

So there you have it. I offered to post some pics for him if he'd email them to me so if he does I will post up. I'd like to get into one of these suits pretty soon and if I do then I'll let y'all know what I think.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
This suit looks and sounds good, but I sure hope they'll make some bigger sizes. I can probably/possibly squeeze into their 3XL/46 but I currently wearing a XL Firstgear Thermo-suit and a 2XL Fieldsheer Highland II suit both are around a 48.
Tony
Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
I dunno why they think the hi viz would be a low volume seller. I am thinking half of all sales will be hi viz. I know I'd be buying a hi viz yellow one, if they could make it 2 pc like the Olympia stuff.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #21
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,744
I would be interested to see the high viz orange.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #22
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,744
Vents

I wonder if the vents open/close.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
Gaereth
Walking...

Oddometer: 491
Yeah...the sizes don't quite run high enough. But I am quite used to getting something to fit my shoulders and then being able to put a full rucksack into the stomach area. I don't need bags with some of this damn gear, I can just stuff the front of my jacket.

Not to mention the crotch at the knees syndrome. whine whine...bitch bitch....
Gaereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Guys, here are some pics that Ghazi sent me. They are also up on the website now. I asked him to try getting some hi viz pics for me to post. Personally, I never thought anyone would get me into a 'onesie' but this suit looks promising. In the last pic you can see he has some color samples...

There are a lot of things I like about this suit. It seems well thought out. It also looks very adjustable to suit a wide range of sizes (unless you're needing big guy sizes I guess). I have a really hard time finding gear with long skinny arms and legs, and a torso that is long but not fat. I like the amount of reflective strips used, and the styling ain't bad either! I am glad to see in the last pic the neck looks to use velcro and looks like it will accomodate larger necks or smaller ones like mine.

Anyway, I am not affiliated with this company, just helping someone out who looks to be making a nice product with an attractive pricepoint for a change. I mean, I like Rev'It but $1400!!! C'mon!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #25
markhas
markhas

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillCreel
I would be interested to see the high viz orange.
Orange cannot be HI-VIZ it can be florescent but it will still lack the visual effects or HI-VIZ and just blend into the background with all other colors. But I sure the manufacturer will be glad to sell you any color you want.
markhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
I'm down for a summer suit.....
-- IF --
they can fit a 5' 2" bowling ball.

I wear a black leather "biker" jacket that I found in a size 54 Short, and Johnson's Leathers overpants with it's knee armour at my ankles......

I don't know if it was worst being a youngster at 5' 2" & 120 pounds having to buy women's leather jackets and childrens shoes, or an old fat 5' 2" unable to fit ANYTHING except Carharts overalls......
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,744
At a dealer show a year or two ago, I ran into an Olympia rep. He told me that about half of their Olympia Phantom suits were sold in the dayglo neon green color. I know that up here in the gloomy Pacific NW, I see a significant percentage of motorcyclists and bicyclists (I am a bicyclist too) who wear fluorescent colored clothing for visibility. I figure that anything reasonable I can do to stack the odds in my favor is a good thing.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #28
lkoncor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
yeah I would be nice if someone made a suit like this to fit larger guys. I am 6'5" and about 325lbs. Its tough to find gear that fits right, oh and I wear a size 18 boot too LOL.
lkoncor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #29
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Personally I am not a hi viz kinda guy. I like the looks of the light grey and waiting for pics of the darker grey as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #30
War Hammer
Evil Monkey

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Personally I am not a hi viz kinda guy. I like the looks of the light grey and waiting for pics of the darker grey as well.
I'm not real big on the hi-viz either. I wonder if the could make me one in camo?
War Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote