User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #61
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Thanks for the love.

Patrick was smiling ear to ear when he read your comment. We are such gear geeks. lol. I told him he needs to have a "PatZilla" id by the end of the day so he could thank you himself.

Let us know what else we could do for you at the moment.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN
Thanks to Patrick, I own a great fitting Cayenne Pro. This jacket is simply awesome. It is worth the extra bucks. Turbine pants are next purchase.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #62
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Revit Dragon Jacket

Hi Ovenking,

The REVIT Dragon Jacket is a great choice especially if you are just getting into the sport. It will perform all year and under almost all conditions.

We (quickly) took some shots of the Hi-Vis Option in the Studio recently.

The Full Gallery is on our Flickr here: REVIT Dragon Jacket Gallery

The REV'IT! gear is European sized and runs narrow and a bit snug. I would actually put you in a Large based on your chest measurement. I think the Medium would be constrictive. The length should be ok.

If you go with the L and it is a hair large we will pay the return shipping to send you a new one. We do that on all REV'IT Jackets and Pants.

Relating to the pants, the REVIT Zip Pants are a very solid basic overpant meant to be worn over jeans, thermals etc. There is no thermal lining, its just a shell pant. If you wanted a good 4 season versatile pant in the same price range as the Dragon Jacket the REVIT Factor Pants may be a better option. They have a built in weather proof and detchable thermal lining and can be worn by themself if you like. They will also allow you to ride in colder weather than the Zip.

As for measuring, moto pants are worn higher than jeans and the waist measurement is your true waist, not your jeans waist. Your inseam is a 29" which is a ~73 cm. This puts you on the cusp of a XS or Small. In pants too long is always better than too short as long as the armor is in place.

Next Step: Take a measurement of your TRUE WAIST - circumference around your torso at your belly button. That number is the number used to denote where you will fall on the size chart. If you are closer to Small than XSmall we will 100% go the size up.

The size chart is here.

UPDATE: webBikeWorld just posted their review of the jacket - http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/dragon-jacket/

Give us a ring or repost here with yout measurements and any other questions.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Hi Anthony,

I need to get myself kitted out within a budget and was looking at the Dragon jacket as an ideal combo of price and features, a jacket I can wear year-round. I'm just starting out in riding (a real n00b) and will probably do more commuting and daytripping initially, and getting into longer touring with experience.

Looking at Rev'It sizing charts I'm still a bit unclear and want to confirm what size I should be looking at. As un hombre I'm height-challenged at 5'6", with a chest size of 40". I can fit into 38-39" suit jackets, but obviously with a moto jacket I'd like to be able to layer some fleece under if necessary. Is the medium going to be a good fit despite the fact I'm just above the chest size recommendation? And how's the length on that for someone my height?

As for pants I was thinking about the Zip as a do-it-all pant for commuting and daytripping. How has the feedback been for it? I haven't found too much about it except for the one review on your site. Sizing wise, I'm about a 30" x 29", but the 30" is based on wearing them right on or just below my hips. Is that how I would also wear moto pants or should they be pulled higher? Anyway, which size should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 04-14-2009 at 10:06 AM
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #63
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

RED REV'IT! Comet Glove

We just got the RED in the 2009 REV'IT Comet Gloves, this is the replacement for the old REV'IT R59 Glove.

It is a lightweight textile / leather composite ADV & touring summer glove.

See more pics on our Comet Flickr Set

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #64
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REVIT Dragon Jacket

I hear ya SJC -

We hear that thought a lot. Even with a sandwiched liner instead of a detachable liner, in heavy precipitation for extended periods the shell will pick up some water.

The DWR layer (waterproof coating) is the protection for the outershell and much like Rain-ex on a car window it wears off over time. For best performance we recommend liberal and regular Nik-Waxing if your gear gets heavy use. This will ensure optimal penetration blocking and water beading.

The other option for heavy rain situations is a REVIT Rainsuit. This will keep everything dry in the heavy storms. A lot of folks with 4-season get around the soggy jacket dilemma with a handy rainsuit.

I am predicting a major change in garment liner/layer construction for the higher-end gear in the next 18 months. Mark my words ;-)

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56
I'm still on the fence on buying a Dragon jacket to replace my 10 year old and still functioning Kilimanjaro jacket. I still am hung up about the waterproof liner. Lest say its warm, I'm riding with the liner out it starts raining, I pull over zip in the liner and ride off happy knowing I will be dry. Well after a couple of hours, the rain stops, sun comes out, man this jacket is toasty so you pull over take out the liner and put I on a soggy jacket, which if is hot enough may keep you cool, which would be a plus or your now I'm cold from the rain soaked outer jacket. I could be wrong but I have been out on days like this. Just a thought.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 04-06-2009 at 03:11 PM
Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #65
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 38
Damn, now I'm going to lie awake at night wondering if I should just get a cheap jacket for now and wait for the next generation to come out in 2 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
I am predicting a major change in garment liner/layer construction in the next 18 months. Mark my words ;-)

Anthony
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #66
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

For clarification, I heard a rumor about the liners - albeit from a good source.

It was not in reference to the mid-price items though. Sorry for the confusion on the Dragon.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Damn, now I'm going to lie awake at night wondering if I should just get a cheap jacket for now and wait for the next generation to come out in 2 years!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #67
derf36
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
You guys are a great source of info for us unable to visit your showroom to try them on.

I'm interested in how the Dragon compares to the Olympia AST?

I currently have an Olympia AST size Large. It's generally quite comfortable, especially off the bike, but it seems too loose in the chest and even pulls up in the shoulders at highway speed. I'm thinking that it is not just a size issue but the bulky chest may be just how the AST is cut.

I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, 42" chest, 36" pant, and have inherited the family beer belly.

I kind of like the 3/4 length of the AST so am leaning toward an XL Dragon. What do you think?

Thanks, Rod
derf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #68
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
AST- comments

I sold my AST for the Cayenne Pro for a lot of the same reasons. The AST chest was too bulky and it was always riding up on me. The Revit fit is much closer to my body and at first I thought it would be too tight, but I was wrong. The european cut is much more comfortable on the bike since it moves with me and does not bulk up around the chest and neck. Another nice benefit is the fact that i can get it on and off in seconds. The AST has too many snaps to close to keep the wind and rain out. These guys know how to fit you, so have faith.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #69
BikerRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Question Jacket Sizing Question

Hi a question for you about sizing:

I really like the Cayenne Pro and fully intended to buy one however whilst I'm a fairly standard large I found the jacket too tight around the upper arm area in particular. Going to an Extra Large meant the jacket was then too big. I tried various Revit Jackets on during the course of last year and did eventually come across the Gradient which seemed to be a more comfortable fit in a large. It was however a slightly more "budget" jacket than I was after. For this year's jackets have any of the sizings been adjusted since 2008? I notice the Navigator is described as having a "touring" rather than "pre-shaped" fit; does this mean it has slightly more room than the Pro? I'd really like to invest in a Revit Jacket but seem to be struggling with the sizing

Regards Bob
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #70
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REVIT Dragon Jacket and Olympia AST comparison

Fred,

I like Olympia products. In my experience there is a lot of bang for the buck there and they hold up well. My experience with REV'IT! as a whole is that their gear does perform better and typically that "better" does cost a bit more. The extra cost between the brands goes into the materials used, R&D and construction. It does make a difference IMHO.

To compare the Olympia AST to the Dragon, obviously the styling will be different, even in Hi-Viz the Dragon is more muted. They both have a 3 liner (waterproof / breathable) detachable system with the waterproof liner being styled as a standalone windbreaker.

The cut & fit are the big differences, with the Dragon being the more svelte Euro cut as the AST is cut much more forgivingly to accommodate a range of "American" body types.

If you were swimming in the upper torso of the Olympia AST Large the XLarge Dragon should be more agreeable for you. If the XL is big on you (which it should not be) we offer prepaid return shipping on Size exchanges. Truthfully the only concern I have is the size of your "family beer belly" I will say it again, the euro cut is snug.

Let me know what else I could offer and feel free to give us a ring if need be. Happy to help.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf36
You guys are a great source of info for us unable to visit your showroom to try them on.

I'm interested in how the Dragon compares to the Olympia AST?

I currently have an Olympia AST size Large. It's generally quite comfortable, especially off the bike, but it seems too loose in the chest and even pulls up in the shoulders at highway speed. I'm thinking that it is not just a size issue but the bulky chest may be just how the AST is cut.

I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, 42" chest, 36" pant, and have inherited the family beer belly.

I kind of like the 3/4 length of the AST so am leaning toward an XL Dragon. What do you think?

Thanks, Rod

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #71
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thanks for the vote of confidence GS! We do our best.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN
I sold my AST for the Cayenne Pro for a lot of the same reasons. The AST chest was too bulky and it was always riding up on me. The Revit fit is much closer to my body and at first I thought it would be too tight, but I was wrong. The european cut is much more comfortable on the bike since it moves with me and does not bulk up around the chest and neck. Another nice benefit is the fact that i can get it on and off in seconds. The AST has too many snaps to close to keep the wind and rain out. These guys know how to fit you, so have faith.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #72
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT Touring Fit on Navigator Jacket

Hi Rob,

As Ed McMahon would say "You are correct, sir!" ..

There is a difference in the fit of the Navigator Jacket vs many of the other REV'IT Jackets including the Cayenne Pro. The "Touring fit" is a roomier less "shaped fit" to cater to a more broad and less aggressive style of Touring rider.

A Large Navigator just might do the trick for you. The quality of the REV'IT gear really is unsurpassed - as long as it FITS though!

Let me know what other questions I could answer for you or feel free to give us a ring.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerRob
Hi a question for you about sizing:

I really like the Cayenne Pro and fully intended to buy one however whilst I'm a fairly standard large I found the jacket too tight around the upper arm area in particular. Going to an Extra Large meant the jacket was then too big. I tried various Revit Jackets on during the course of last year and did eventually come across the Gradient which seemed to be a more comfortable fit in a large. It was however a slightly more "budget" jacket than I was after. For this year's jackets have any of the sizings been adjusted since 2008? I notice the Navigator is described as having a "touring" rather than "pre-shaped" fit; does this mean it has slightly more room than the Pro? I'd really like to invest in a Revit Jacket but seem to be struggling with the sizing

Regards Bob

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #73
ovenking
Unfloppable

Thanks!

Hey Anthony,

Just placed my order for the Dragon jacket, Factor pants and a helmet, and can't wait to get my hands on them!

I ended up going with the M for the Dragon. I went home and took my measurements again and I seem to have lost a bit of bulk in the upper chest area (you can thank marriage and moving into a new house for that).

I appreciate all the help you guys have provided (I've called CS a couple of times as well and always had great service ).
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #74
JJakes
Adventurer

Mesh Jackets

Hi,
I was trying on some Air jackets today and really like them. Problem is, the Large fits very well everywhere except for the sleeves, which are very, very short. I wear a size 40L or 42L suit jacket and and 15 1/2 x 35 shirt. Are the Air jackets cut with short sleeves? The Typhoon in a size 50 seemed even worse.
Thanks,
Jakes
JJakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #75
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Mesh and Summer Jacket Long / Tall Size Options

Hi J,

That's a tough one in REV'IT!; I get it a lot. I am guessing you are over 6 foot but weight in in the 185-200lb range. Let me know if I am off.

The dilemma is that REVIT does not make "Long or Tall" versions of jackets. I have a feeling if it fits your frame the arms will be short and if you go big enough to fit your arms you will be swimming in the chest. :-/

Firstgear does however make their jacket in TALL / Long Sizes. There are actually 4 Mesh Jacket options by Firstgear:

Firstgear Mesh Tex Jacket (2009)
Firstgear Rush Mesh Jacket
Firstgear Venture AT Jacket (2009)
Firstgear Torrent Mesh Jacket

If you are a Large in REVIT you will probably be between a Medium and Large in Firstgear as REVIt runs small. The smallest Firstgear "Tall Size" is a Large Tall. It may have a bit more room in the chest than the REVIT Large but you should not be swimming in it.

For reference: Firstgear Tall Jacket Size Chart

Thats the best option I have for you at the moment. Feel free to fire back with any other questions as necessary or give us a ring.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJakes
Hi,
I was trying on some Air jackets today and really like them. Problem is, the Large fits very well everywhere except for the sleeves, which are very, very short. I wear a size 40L or 42L suit jacket and and 15 1/2 x 35 shirt. Are the Air jackets cut with short sleeves? The Typhoon in a size 50 seemed even worse.
Thanks,
Jakes

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R