Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The Israeli Explorers

Hello friends!
I've been reading ADV for quite some time, enjoying from almost every post I encounter. The wonderful stories and pictures that riders post always toke my imagination and dreams far from here.
I always wanted a bulky Varadero, but finally realized that what I really want is an Africa Twin, so two years ago I bought 2000 AT, and start riding both road and gravel.

Apparently, many people are riding the world but unfortunately they don't get to ride in Israel.
It is probably because many people hear mostly bad news coming from this region concerning politics and military. I assume that there are those that cannot point on Israel over the world map.
Therefore, I thought it might interest ADV members to read stories and have pictures from this tiny country.

Few words about myself: my name is Eldad Greenfield, 27 year old architecture student, live today in Tel Aviv with my GF, paying ALOT for my 2 bedroom rented apartment (prices in Tel Aviv just rise high no matter recession).

Since my friends and I ride almost every week, I will update this thread regularly, bring you the stories, reports and pictures from our riding in Israel. Maps and references will follow the text for your convenience.

This is a general view of Israel and its sorroundings: