Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Like a boss!
  2. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Has anyone actually finished Skyrim yet?

This game is ridiculous!
  3. MoreCheese

MoreCheese Now less Cheezy

Oddometer:
    That was AWESOME!!!

I haven't played BF3 since SKYRIM came out. This video makes me want to play it again . . although I'm a lousy pilot.
  4. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    I think the music is the funniest thing about it. :lol3
  5. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    :eek1

I found the full video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B_LplAoJwdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was the best move but just part of some epic vehicle action.
  6. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    Yes!! I nearly shit!
  7. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:

Why would you want to? :rofl

Skyrim just won Game of the Year at Spike's Video Game Awards. It's easily the best game of the last decade for me.
  8. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:

Seriously dude? You want to start meeting girls as hot as Felicia Day, walk out the front door and get out there in the real world. Play an MMO to start meeting girls... :lol3
  9. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.

Decade is a stretch, and I think ME/ME2 trumps it for the character development, cast and story.

In Skyrim the situations grab you by the scruff of the neck but the overall "totality" of it all is kind of scarce. The freedom of movement and sense of adventure is amazing. It's like a MMORPG that you are playing solo.

Brilliant game, for certain.
  10. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    I finished the main quest... that doesn't finish the game.
  11. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I'm still trying to level up to take on some of the side quests.....tried the run through Teva's Watch against the Silver Hand in the Companions quests and got my butt kicked by a pair of mages, so I backed out and will go back for another try later.
  12. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    That's one of the things I like about the game, it ain't run and gun like FO3. You need to plan, to pop potions, use cover, pick spells, etc. It's not a cakewalk.
  13. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    agreed. I am still playing it way too many hours nearly every day, but it still hasn't surpassed ME2 or FO3 for me.

After doing some 200 quests, I realized that there isn't a finite number of miscellaneous quests to be done so I started in on the major side quests. I'm the leader of the companions, mages, and thiefs, about done(I think) with the rebellion story line, and then will do the dark brotherhood. After that, the main quests will get worked on.

I finally was able to get the markarth guard glitch to go away, but ended up sacrificing Lydia in the process. :cry I went and grabbed the next companion I found to go with me, and promptly killed her off too! :doh
    I need to be more careful with those shouts in crowded situations. :hide
  14. ImaPoser

Oddometer:

:scratch I sure didn't consider FO3 to be a run and gun game. That's COD and the like to me. I slow played FO just like I am Skyrim. One of the reasons I still like FO over this is the ability to avoid hand to hand, keep hitting the attack button type of combat. There's just times it's not an option in this game, but could be almost completely avoided in FO.
    It's not such a big deal now that I have ungodly crazy armor and weapons, but I still prefer to sneak and long range kill. :nod
  15. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    We just got Just Dance 3 for our PS3. Surprisingly, I kinda like it. We ended up getting two Move remotes, but I'm not sure we actually have enough room in the apt. for two people to play at once :lol3

I've been playing multiplayer in MW3. Usually Ground War, which is pretty nutty. Finally transitioning into Hardcore games. You guys who complain about COD being run-and-gun need to play more Hardcore. No radar (except on UAV), no HUD, mostly 1-shot kills. Really slows the gameplay down and tenses it up quite a bit.

Big thing though is that I popped Red Dead Redemption in again the other night. I have 100% in the main game and Undead Nightmare but I'm having a blast playing the game over again. After wrapping up all the GTAIV expansions recently, I'm surprised again how much better RDR is. The Lost and Damned was fun and Gay Tony was goofy, but RDR is much more of an "experience".
  16. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Pretty much all I play is hardcore Kill Confirmed. I think my K:D is something like 0.5. But I get the most dog tags pretty often! I was never that good at getting kills in the normal modes, but would almost always have more assists than anyone else. Once I switched to hardcore my kills went way up. I am no Sandy Ravage, but I enjoy the game.
  17. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:

It's run and gun in the sense that I felt it was too easy. Skyrim, like ME, FORCED you to use tactics, cover and companions.

I walked around the wasteland in FO3/NV without fear of ANYTHING. That got old fast.
  18. ImaPoser

Oddometer:
    I can see your point if that is the case. I forget that I pretty much suck at these games. Even at level 40+, running around with two companions, I still avoid areas in NV because of deathclaws or cazadors.
    My skyrim armor rating is something like 580 and I manage to get myself killed doing stupid things like trying to jump on a dragons back and stab it with a dagger. :doh
  19. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    Armor and weapons are for noobs.

I'm definitely going to have to play through this again as an orc warrior after I beat it, just to see how much easier it is...
    I'm level 38 now and I'm starting to get comfortable with most anything the game will throw at me.
  20. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    That's where I'm at too, I no longer flee popping potions like a tweaker that just made a new batch of meth. :lol3

One of the things that's cool is the variety. I found myself playing a Dark Elf archer who specializes in Conjuration (entrouchs(sp)), destruction magic (flames) and wears heavy armor. :lol3

I'd like to try a S/S nord who raises zombies. :freaky