NEW *650/800 Twin products.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kildala2000, Feb 20, 2009.

1. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hello ADVriders, :D

I've been working on a few new items to fit these two models and will be doing a run of them soon. :D A few lucky customers are testing the product as we speak.

1 Only) Reg gurad, Powder coated Black. Asking $40.00 + Postage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1) Rear rack ext, yes I've had this design for many years on all GS models w/o any issues. So why not use it for the twins?:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will post when I get items in stock. So please post comments on what you would like to see.
    Thanks for the support,
    Rick
  2. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Travlr
    Adventurer
    Hello All, I recieved the fat foot and Rect. guard from Rick (kildala2000) and they fit very well.

The rect. guard fit perfectly and took about 2minutes to install. Replace the stock bolts with the supplied ones and that is it.

I ordered two fat foots. They were a little different.
    #1- top and middle plates powder coated, the mounting screws were embedded into the bottom plate and the heads were shaved flush. Fit was easy.
    #2- all parts powder coated, the mounting screws were not embedded, but once installed the heads of the screws are counter sunk and sit just above flush. The spacer/middle plate did not fit perfectly around the stock foot plate and therefore I ground down one corner about 1mm to allow for a proper fit. No big deal as I got to play with my power tools.

Overall very please with the products and have ordered a second rect guard. Also, anxiously awaiting the luggage plate/rack and headlight guards.

Truly a great guy to deal with, he shipped the parts out for me to try and see if I liked. and could return if so desired without any hassles or restocking fees.

Thanks Rick.
  3. Frostbit

Frostbit Is it cold in here?

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick,
    More accessory patterns are in the mail and heading your way.:thumb

The center stand skid plate fit just great.:clap
  4. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Got anything for the brake fluid reservoirs?
  5. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    Any plans on doing a radiator guard for the F8GS? I like what you have, just need it in a different area!
  6. X-Rated

X-Rated Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did somebody say centrestand skidplate for F800GS??

Yes please!!

Al
  7. Frostbit

Oddometer:
    The Fat Foot works just great, thanks Rick.:thumb

Do you have any plans of fabricating a skid plate?
  8. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick!

Did you ever get measurments for the OEM center stand to make up a skid plate for it?

BTW, I installed the headlight guard and rear plate I bought from you and they fit great! It doesn't look like you're listing them anymore...
  9. MonsterJ

MonsterJ Motonerd

Oddometer:
    Any updates on the light bar? :D
  10. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    I got my fat foot yesterday! :clap

I'll do a write up and include some pictures. Stay tuned!
  11. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ctflynn%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> So I just installed my Kildala Fat Foot on my F800GS. I always thought the surface area of the side stand was very small. As you can see its approximately 3 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">U.S.</st1:country-region></st1:place> Quarters.
    [​IMG]
    <o:p> </o:p>
    However, that maybe pushing it since you can see the quarters sticking out.
    [​IMG]
    So how much bigger is the Kildala Fat Foot? How about 8 U.S. Quarters!!!
    [​IMG]
    It was very easy to install. It took me about 5 minutes. The only thing I can see is that the head of the screws did not sit flush in their holes, but if the bike is sitting on dirt/gravel that is irrelevant.
    [​IMG]
    Now I don’t have to worry about putting the side stand down in soft dirt or gravel!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    I usually stash a few bucks on the bike for emergencies, know I know of a new spot....:D
    Was going to make my own fat foot but this looks great.
  13. Frostbit

Oddometer:
    There's one in the mail Rick... :ricky
  14. Frostbit

Oddometer:
    :thumb :thumb :thumb

Your bash plate for the SWmotech center stand fits great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the Kildala Big Foot...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. MonsterJ

MonsterJ Motonerd

Oddometer:
    I'm still waiting on mine! I've been starring down the mail man everyday! I can't wait! :clap
  16. Bike4Fun

Bike4Fun Smooth IS Fast

Oddometer:
    Are you working on a radiator guard?
  17. Frostbit

Oddometer:
    No lightbar yet Rick.

I've been patiently waiting for someone to design a skidplate that covers the cat. and works with SWmotech crashbars... Are you game?
  18. Frostbit

Oddometer:
    Hey Hey the light-bar arrived.:clap :clap :clap

I only had about 10 minutes available to unwrap it and screw it on... luckily that's all the time it took. Now I need to decide what lights to put on.

Thanks Rick the bar looks great.:thumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I post more pictures once I get some lights.
  19. MonsterJ

MonsterJ Motonerd

Oddometer:

So I've got the other tester..... Great work, Rick! :thumb I'm gonna take it to work and throw it in our brake. I'm gonna try to bend the mount ears so that they are a horizontal mounting surface. I want to mount a set of TT SCMR-16s on top for night time and a set of HyperLight running lights on the bottom for day time... hence the need for a horizontal surface. More to follow.... :evil
  20. John Spartan

John Spartan Middle Age Crazy

Oddometer:
    Ordered a reg guard and rear rack plate for my F650GS which I am waiting so impatiently for and received them today.

Quality of these items is excellent and I can't wait to get them on my bike.

Thanks, Rick!