XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fits great. It's made specifically for the PB. It's available in stainless or titanium. I got stainless on eBay.

RZ Rob
  2. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. ONandOFF

ONandOFF more off than on

Oddometer:
    :lol3

:wink:
  4. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:

:freaky
  5. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    :lol3... You expect me to search back through old posts?!:evil
    That would assume some degree of sobriety:loaded
  6. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

:clap

B
  7. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Got my oil cooler, and my fork brace from marko both the same day.
  8. Mossy-Back

Mossy-Back Nookie Monster

Oddometer:
    That's funny... I just got my fork brace from Marko today as well! Thanks again Marko!

[​IMG]
  9. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:
    Hell No... :1drink

Why do you think I did it for you.... :lol3

10. Sierra Thumper

Sierra Thumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Rob....I gotta agree with Red tho a pic would be even sweeter :D

Oops...looks like Mental already posted a pic for us....my bad :shog

I can't even tell its a powerbomb from that pic angle.....the shield must fit over the "bomb" part of the exhaust pretty well. A shields a must have imo for the exhaust on the L :wink:
  11. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    :DAmen brother:deal
  12. Sierra Thumper

Oddometer:
    What do you guys suggest (or ride) as far as a used, lighter weight dualsport to go along with the L? I'm thinking of possibly picking something up.....just not really sure what to consider. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated :D
  13. Mossy-Back

Oddometer:
    1973 Suzuki TS185 2-smoker. That's the only other bike I've really owned... Very light and you can pick them up cheap. Oil injected, not pre-mix. And street legal.

I rode my buddy's 2003 TTR 225 a bit. Rode nice, smooth throttle. Top speed around 50-55.
  14. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    1996 DR350 electric start. A lot easier to ride than the big pig and the 6th gear lets you tackle highway speeds as well. Highly recommended. They've got lots of aftermarket support and you can find them pretty cheap too.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bg9G9WGd5Qg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Ditto. I bought a DR350 brand new back in 1995. It was a great bike. Sold it when the Army decided I needed to pack my shit and live in Japan for a while.:huh
  16. Mossy-Back

Oddometer:
    I almost bought a DR350 instead of the pig... Sometimes I wish I had, like anytime I leave the pavement.
  17. Sierra Thumper

Oddometer:
    Aww come on now Falcon, she aint THAT bad :lol3 Although when I have my 4.7 tank full she sure does seeem to have a mind of her own in the dirt :evil
    I'm a taller guy, and my bikes been slightly lowered (although its pretty hard to tell :huh ) so overall I don't have too many complaints.....my only real complaint is the top-heaviness. The overall weights not as bad as where the L carries it...way too high. I ride her most anywhere, but there are places I go sometimes that I wish I had a lighter bike to ride. I owned a suzuki 185 2-stroke in my younger years, great little bike except it had no real dirt suspension to speak of. A DR 350 tho has caught my interest several times in the past :wink: I was just afraid I'd always be wanting more power. I think I need to do some more research :nod
  18. taco250

taco250 wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:

My vote would be for the DRZ400, especially if you can get a plated off-road version. The offroad version has a FCR carb instead of the CV that the factory DS version has. Its also about 20lbs lighter than the XRL and has bigger, fully adjustable conventional forks than the XRL. I put a full Muzzy exhaust on mine and was getting ~39hp out of it with only jetting adjustments. Experienced many unplanned wheelies when I first put the exhaust on.:lol3 DRZ's aren't as nice on the pavement due to straight gearing (5sp). Had Suzuki made them with a 6sp or 5th as an overdrive, I would've kept mine. A DRZ will cost more than the DR350 I think.
  19. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Yamaha WR250R along with my XRL. A perfect combo for me.
  20. Sierra Thumper

Oddometer:
    Tom how does the WR stack up to the xrl weight wise? And how does the 250 do as far as being able to tractor around in the dirt? I haven't ridden a WR250, does it have the ability to crawl around when need be, or do you have to keep it wound up more for the power?
    That was one of the first bikes that came to mind when I started thinking of a lighter dualsport partner to the xrl......I just wasn't sure if a 250 would have enough torque to work for me.