What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    I'll admit, I stole this thread idea from a Toyota Land Cruiser forum that I belong to. But it's a cool idea.

So what did you do with your Trials Bike today? Maintenance? Compete? Overhaul? Restore? Nothing? Post it here! :thumb

I'll start off. I dragged out my old 314 Montesa to get it ready for Trials Camping Silliness next year, and decided that the destroyed LH bar switch (that controlled the long-gone lighting system) had to go.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know the hillbillied choke lever is hideous. Gimmie time....

[​IMG]

After only 27 minutes of wrestling, the lighting wiring harness was freed from the 314...

[​IMG]

I did discover that I had a new 314 clutch cable hidden with some new Aprilla Climber cables I had lying around.....

[​IMG]

The 'Prilla cables seem to match the 314 cables exactly. Hmmmm....I may have to replace the throttle and clutch cables with these. I mean after all, it's SO much easier to come up with Aprilla cables than Montesa cables....:huh

The finished product.

[​IMG]

I just noticed that the bars are bent. I'll deal with that next week.

After removing the radiator scoop to get access to the cables and wiring, I am now wondering if I should put it back on or go with the "stripped" look. What do you all think?? :ear

[​IMG]
    1TRAK, Junglejeff1, locobeta and 2 others like this.
  2. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    Moved it out of the way so that I could change the blown shock on my wife's xt225. Exciting, I know.
  3. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    I walked right past the trialer today to pull the CRF450 out and head to the desert! :deal Trialer got to play yesterday...today was a rest day. :wink:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. neilking

neilking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Drove 350 miles round trip to get it.
  5. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Did ya get somethin' new? :ear
  6. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:

Pic's???? :ear
  7. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Geez Neil, what are you doing? Cornering the North American Trials bike market?

Congrats. Love to see it. Whatever it is.
  8. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:

LOL I assumed he drove to you brewtus, to pick one up, must been another?
  9. neilking

neilking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I havent made it to See Brewtus yet:freaky
  10. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    No worries Neil, your TY250 is here warm and safe, ready when you are. It keeps company with OJ. :thumb
    Grooster likes this.
  11. usafric

usafric Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer:
    I didn't do anything today, but I did ride it last Sat with NMTB and crew. Actually think I did pretty good. Looking forward to moving up there pretty soon...
  12. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    You rode great this past weekend! :clap Got lots more to show you up here when you move. You planning on trying to compete any with NMTA in 2011?
  13. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    I should have added mine, I rode our club event, unloaded the bikes @ 12 degrees, rode @ about 18-30 when done, got beat, loaded bike then discovered the Waterpump seal was BLOWN...:huh
  14. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    I rode my TLR200 in a trial for the first time in nearly 3 years on Sunday.It was March 2008 when I decided that I really did have a hernia,and trials riding was not going to help the cause at all.We won't go into health systems,but I had the hernia repaired in May,and decided the Xmas Trial was a good low key venue to see if I was up to it again.

After not going for over 2 1/2 years,I drained the tank and carb,filled with fuel and it fired up on the 3rd kick.Both tyres were flat,I repaired the rear puncture and fitted a new tube and rim lock to the front - that's all the prep it got...it's a Honda,that's all it needs.

I told myself I wasn't going to enter,just ride around the farm and have a go at a few sections that looked easy enough to have a go on,but I paid my entry fee and got a self score card anyway.Riding down the farm track to the first sections the bike felt really wrong,with such wide bars,leaning forward etc...I didn't see how you could control a bike like that.To get to the first section we had to go over a rocky river crossing and I was a bit freaked out...this was going to be a challenge.But as soon as the front wheel hit the water and rocks it all came back - I was on a trials bike,it's made to do stuff like this.

We had 8 sections all in a rocky stream,5 times around.I did the whole thing,and on my first round only got one 5.It was a really hot day,I was totally exhausted,and totally rapt - so it looks like I'm back into trials.That one section gave me another 5,a couple of 3's,and on my last attempt did it with a single dab.The other sections gave me 1,2's and 3's,but was able to clean them all at the end of the day.I don't know what my total score was,and don't care - it's never about the points,it's about the challenge...conquering those sections that take the 5's,if not a clean,then a 1,2 or 3 just to show that you can do it.
    Kiharaikido likes this.
  15. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Very nice, Motu. Welcome back. The Dark Side has missed you. :evil
  16. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    I'm going to come by and 'borrow' that 250 headlight for a while...:lol3
  17. Johnnyboxer

Johnnyboxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looked at her, in the garage.......................she's good to go - oil/tyres/chain/pads all checked and ready to trial this weekend (weather permitting and snow cover)

[​IMG]
    locobeta likes this.
  18. Doctor Zed

Doctor Zed Resident

Oddometer:
    :clapThis is a pic from Saturday. I haven't had a chance to get the pic uploaded till today. About 6 to 8 inches on the ground, which is about all the Sherco could handle. Still tons of fun!:thumb
    [​IMG]
    Jeathrow Bowdean and locobeta like this.
  19. usafric

usafric Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer:
    Well, it all depends on my schedule for the next 6 months or so. Hopefully!
  20. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Looked for a manual for the Supertrial after not being able to figure out how to pop the seat off...