Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. luckychucky

luckychucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding around SE Missouri has been wet. Then when the sun came out had to play family guy. I'm sure the sun is going to be shinning for awhile soon.
  2. rustynut2

rustynut2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride to Pocahontas Mo Saturday, hit Tower Rock on the way back and explored the valley. Lots of nice gravel on the backside of The Bayou Bar and Grill.
  3. studad

studad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In my neck of the woods it's been all out of state plates. These two today are now famous from Alabama. Great setup on the bikes. Enjoy the Ozarks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts

Oddometer:
    hey stu

you get that porch fixed?
  5. studad

studad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, but I diagnosed the heck out of it.
  6. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
  7. BillsburgGS

BillsburgGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought I'd share a really fun place to spend a day or a weekend where you can ride everything from the easiest open field "trails" to enduro single track all within about 225 acres of private property. It's just south of Harrisburg IL about 3 hours ride from St. Louis.

Williams Pass OHV park has both electric/plug in campsites and some nice primitive campsites that can be pretty secluded. The main building does have bathrooms including hot showers, the staff is very friendly and accommodating and the nearby areas to ride and hike (Garden of the Gods) is really beautiful.

I have no link to these folks other than I went with a few friends on my F800GS, a 1200GSA, and a F650 GS and we had a blast riding everything from almost flat mown trails to forested ATV trails, to stretches of motocross type trails, to a some recently bulldozed new trails that were not yet "open".

My point is that it's a great place place to practice your skills with the convenience of camping and being able to ride then get back to your campsite in 20 minutes or 2 hours, what ever you want.

Here's a link to some video that I shot. The video is as poorly shot and edited as I am a off road rider, so take it with a grain a salt, but if you are interested it will give you an advance look at the range of riding you can have.

http://youtu.be/I3LE-u1qJcA

We had a blast and I'd go back. Something different to do for a weekend. Easy camping and easy to ride as much or as little as people in a group would like . While it's ATV-centric, everyone was welcoming of us, not crowded, and a lot of great dual sport trails.

http://www.williamshillpass.com/Harrisburg-IL-Directions.html
  8. Slvrtundevl

Slvrtundevl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

In case anyone in here has seen these...
  9. lfs225

lfs225 Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Oddometer:
    Naples, Fl with a storage unit (house) Mo
    My heart goes out to the Marine who lost his box of shirts. I hope someone finds them and returns them.
    However I can not let this opportunity pass......I can not count the number of times I've seen "stuff" blow out of or fall off of a pickup truck while traveling down a road. I am convinced that 75% of the trash, papers, cans, etc. that we see along our highways flew out of the back of a pickup.
    Everything.....from cans of paint, to extension cords, to work gloves or boots, to boxes of shirts are randomly discarded from the backs of these traveling dumpsters.
    If I were a State Trooper and I stopped a pickup truck for a violation and saw aluminum cans or paper in the bed of the truck; I would write him/her a ticket for littering on top of the other ticket.
    Again I hope you find your shirts. Sorry for the rant but I just couldn't help myself.
  10. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    June 25 myself kanur knarlyjer and bigborefan will be heading west to Colorado. Looking for a place to park a couple vehicles on the west side of St Louis. Can anyone accommodate them for a week¿
  11. Fartsmish

Fartsmish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Concrete was SLIMY.

Attached Files:

12. luckychucky

luckychucky Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Shz is always slimy like that OUCH! Mine walks on water, doesn't get wet. Sorry, about your bike That sucks, the slime is not fun.
  13. dgjackson40

dgjackson40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How far west of St Louie....Kansas City.....
  14. Themastermike

Oddometer:
    Not that far, just looking for west edge of st louis, 70 and 270 is where all our lines come together.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  15. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've used M/C dealers' lots before. Also a police station, once. If you can't find anything west, I've got lots of room on the east, but it's 50 miles from 70/270, 30 from 255.
  16. MrHix

MrHix Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone in the St Louis MO area have the Wolfman E-12 bags? I am thinking about getting them for my KTM 690 ER and would like to see them first.

I am also interested in seeing a medium Rolie bag if there is one around Troy MO.

Thanks,

MrHix
  17. dgjackson40

dgjackson40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in Jefferson City guessing too far west.
  18. Themastermike

Oddometer:
    70 west is the goal. Thanks for the shout tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  19. MarkM

MarkM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gateway BMW carries Wolfman bags. They might have those.
  20. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:

I've got the E-12's on my KTM450EXC Mr.Hix-----also have the duffel that works with it on the seat-------------this setup is really made for a dirt bike---not a dual-sport in my opinion-----and aren't made to use with a rack.

They are made to lay right on your plastic---something you may not want to do on your 690 ?????? You'll probably need the accessory to keep you plastic from getting on the muffler. I had to get it.
    Hard to explain-----they have hooks that fasten to the rear fender----I remember looking at that and didn't think it would work.
    After having said all this------seems I remember some guy having them on his 690 ????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]