New Sena 20S Intercom announced at AIMExpo

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by El Gato, Oct 21, 2013.

1. c4nuck

c4nuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    who wants to go halfers on a dual pack?

edit: out of stock, nvm.
  2. the_real_wild1

the_real_wild1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL. I am on the waiting list and have been for awhile. Tried phoning them. They don't keep the same hours I do. I looked at their pricing online and it is cheaper for me to get them here in Canada. I have tried to get pricing through pm's and can't. Couldn't get them on the phone so I went elsewhere. I tried another US company that had 6 20's in stock and while it said the order went through my card was never charged. They never called me so I called them a few days later and they told me they sold out.
  3. klinquist

klinquist übergeek

Oddometer:
    Looks like mine just arrived at the local reseller where I got it for cheap (preordered during a 25% off all sena gear promo). I'll be picking it up tomorrow. w00t.
  4. Maak

Maak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow... I've been trying the same unsuccessfully. Differences... I have the Zumo 590, and a Samsung G4. Since I've heard the Nav V is essentially a 590, and your HTC is Andriod just like my Galaxy 4, I really don't know why it doesn't work right (see my previous post re first ride). I can cheat it to work like your's, but it takes a few tries each time I turn the units on.

Sena told me last week they were working on the issue (even purchasing a 590). Hoping to hear from them with a potential solution.
  5. nedkelly

nedkelly Gravel Rash

Oddometer:
    The key was to pair the Phone normally 1st, and then pair GPS as a "2nd Device", don't pair it the same as your paired the phone. There are instructions for doing this in the manual.

After I did it this way it works fine. I have been using it it for two days now and it works great. A couple of times after starting the bike have had to go into the phones Bluetooth menu and just check that the smart link has connected automatically. If not just click it once to do it manually and your good to go.

Hope this helps... :)

Edit: When its setup correctly; your phones Bluetooth connections should look something like this;

<iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=52A19F6B5ED4C1E2&resid=52A19F6B5ED4C1E2%2110488&authkey=ANIiAKhHxNcHBT0" width="320" height="144" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Even though the phones Bluetooth connection says no phone, that's fine as the 20S will just send the call commands to the GPS, which will then send them to the phone. The 20S will still talk to the phone for everything else. Not sure how this will affect txt messages though (assuming the 20s does txt to speech?)...will need to test that!
  6. spaceinvader

spaceinvader Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got a notice from Revzilla that my single 20S shipped. Apparently the "second batch" came in. I pre-ordered on 3/15.
  7. BoxerDoc

BoxerDoc Boxer2Vtwin convert Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. TimeLord517

TimeLord517 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even Sena's own online store shows "2 - 4 weeks" right now...
  9. iJabberwocky

iJabberwocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I did the same thing except I got the last one. I contacted Red Rider and he said they did have them in stock and shipped them usps priority. Should have them soon.
  10. sedwards

sedwards I don't post much!

Oddometer:
    I saw that post above and quickly hit up Amazon. There were 6 left when i ordered. Got notice that it shipped the next day. Sure hope this is better than the G9!
  11. dvwalker

dvwalker Lets go

Oddometer:
    just sold my g9 and added myself to queue at revzilla back in May, hopefully in time for a july shipment, no email yet though :eek1

The g9 worked reasonably well with 2 connected "ride buddies", but never could get the quality working right with 3 riders. Setup was same on all g9's, but the voice level and sound quality always suffered with whoever connected as the 3rd rider, this impacted the quality of the ride.

On the 20s fingers crossed, I'm looking forward to the better sound quality, usability and more seamless multi-tasking functionality
  12. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has there been any other moto comms system that's been in demand as much as this one?
    Glad Sena decided to do it right, finally.
  13. SMURPH

SMURPH Still learning

Oddometer:
    Tried out the 20S paired with a SMH10 today for about 600 kms. Using Shure earbuds with speakers installed.

Thoughts - very crackly during conversations. My old sena SMH10 was uber quiet. Hmmm

Keeps losing music connection after intercom used. Only solution is to power off on. Happened about 30 times today.

I like the ambient noise button. I don't have to shut off unit or take helmet off to have a conversation with someone at a gas station etc. It's like the sena is a mic for them. Perfect.

I'll try removing the hard wired speakers and just running solo with the buds. I just need to figure out what goes in the hole of where the speaker wire attaches to the main unit. I don't think an open connection is a good idea.
  14. BoxerDoc

BoxerDoc Boxer2Vtwin convert Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 20S dual set just cleared the USPS processing in Fargo, ND (coming from Radio Rider / Amazon). :clap

I just got a new Garmin 590LM. How are people running the 20S <--> Garmin <--> iPhone so that the Garmin has music and weather through SmartLink, but also use the voice commands of the 20S to dial/answer phone. Is that a possibility, or is the Garmin totally in charge of the phone?
  15. FrankoQ

FrankoQ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anyone able to connect a smart phone and the SM10 with the 20s?
  16. klinquist

klinquist übergeek

Oddometer:
    Got mine today, will be testing with friends on a long ride this weekend!

[​IMG]
  17. skew

skew Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking on buying one of these but I read the manual and it seems the group intercom only works with other 20s and not work with smh5 or smh10 wonder if this will be fixed with a software update or is everyone in the group is required to have a 20s if this is the case then I am going to just buy a smh10 so I can be compatible with all other sena intercoms.
  18. AuMike

AuMike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also got notice from Revzilla that mine shipped today. I ordered 4/13. Should arrive tomorrow. :clap
  19. Maak

Maak Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Nedkelly- I did exactly as you suggested. I do not hear any music thru the 20S- pandora, mp3, bluetooth choices on 590. The 590 bluetooth connection window looks a bit different on the 590.
    What I might try next is "selective media pairing" on the 20s, pairing the 590 as a media source. I'll pair the phone tp the gps thru "phone connection", and see where that leaves me. I can still get everything to work just right by "cheating" and force pairing, but it takes several attempts, so that's no fun when I wanna ride. Hopefully Sena will get back to me with a new suggestion for firmware fix.
  20. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone got a report on the rider to rider talk distance?