So - You bought the 376c, would you do it again?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by 9Dave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. R1200GSA

R1200GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :cry Well I got robbed yesterday, I had the 376c in my truck (in the floorboard of the back seat) and while at lunch it was stolen. Some punk popped the doorlock and made a mess of things. So today I am placing an order for the replacement.

What really sucks is the my auto insurance won't cover the personnal items in the truck, only the physical damage to the vehicle, personnal items can be claimed on my homeowners though. So great, I call my homeowners insurance and realize that my deductable is 1% the value of my home. So guess I am replacing the door handle & all my gear out of my back pocket.

Scene of the crime, Veterans Memorial & Camden, North side of Houston, Tx

Edited: 12:00 Central Time, Order Confirmed:clap . Getfeetwet.com promises it will be at my desk by Wednesday.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE id=OrderViewer1_PackageList style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=OrderViewer1_PackageList__ctl0_PackageItems style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 rules=all border=0><TBODY><TR class=BVSmallText><TD>Item</TD><TD>UnitPrice</TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD>Subtotal</TD><TD align=right>Shipped</TD><TD align=right>Returned</TD></TR><TR class=BVSmallText><TD vAlign=top align=left>GPSMAP 376C Portable System

RAM Catalog
    Build You Own Bundle
    Custom Bundles
    </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$779.99</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$779.99</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=BVSmallText><TD vAlign=top align=left>External speaker with 12/24-volt adapter cable for 276 Series</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$34.50</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$34.50</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=BVSmallText><TD vAlign=top align=left>Non-Skid Deluxe Portable Mount</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$28.25
    $23.25</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$23.25</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=BVSmallText><TD vAlign=top align=left>Autombile Mount for 176/196/276 Series</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$24.95</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$24.95</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD></TR><TR class=BVSmallText><TD vAlign=top align=left>256mb Data Card</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$99.99
    $89.99</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>1</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$89.99</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>SubTotal </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>$952.68
    -$10.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>Gift Wrap</TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right>$0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>Tax </TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right>$0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>Shipping
    UPS Ground </TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right>$14.03</TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>Handling </TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right>$0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right><HR noShade></TD></TR><TR><TD class=FormLabel vAlign=top align=left>Order Total </TD><TD class=BVSmallText vAlign=top align=right>$956.71</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Summary -->
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Well, that sucks big time. One expensive lunch. Who was your insurance company?

Enjoy the replacement though - I love mine.

Dave
  3. R1200GSA

R1200GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AAA of Texas. I am not bitter, it is what it is, but it does suck though, I know that I will enjoy the replacement just as much as the first. Actually probably more as I know how to work it now.

dd
  4. Roxus

Roxus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I currently have a Garmin V and the XM Roady on RAM mounts. I would really like to update both my units with a 376c as the V is dated and I have gone through 2 modified cigarette lighter power adapters connected to switched-hot and the resoldering the stereo output plug with the Roady.

I'd like a more sano mount system (Touratech most likely) and a proper power solution that it would provide. This would allow me to also reduce my RAM hardware (currently have 4 RAM mounts, XM, GPS V and 2 for the Touratech Roadbook)

I run my audio through a Chatterbox on a mount I made for the mirror on my Dakar. I listen to XM every day on my commute, and streaming it right now over the Internet at the office.

How is the 376c touch-screen in off-road conditions when it gets covered in dust ? Does wiping it cause it to think you are wanting to scroll ?

Has anyone tried this DIY Garmin Datacard ?
  5. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool page. I guess the information is a little out of date since 512MB cards are available. Either more than two chips can be added, or the 128MB per chip firmware has been updated. Would be fun to try if I get bored. I think I have the 32MB card left over after I upgraded to 256MB.
  6. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Well this question I can answer - the 376C does not have a touchscreen.

Dave