Drunk at Noon?!

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by firemedic3293, Feb 22, 2012.

1. firemedic3293

firemedic3293 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The other day both my uncle and cousin were cut off by a drunk driver at less than 40 feet in front of them. They both were riding newer victories that they bought near the end of last season. My uncle hit the car at about 30mph, it is unknown what exactly happened to my cousin. They were both airlifted to a trauma unit. There are multiple fractures and many surgeries ahead for them. my uncle is awake after 3 surgeries. my cousin is still induced. I'll post more as the story unfolds.
  2. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeeeezus! Really?!

My thoughts go out to your family - I hope everyone is ok.

Drunk in the morning is a pretty good sign of an alcoholic.... hopefully that person will be put away for quite some time
  3. Commanderkewl

Commanderkewl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This stuff just torques me off.
    40 feet is just long enough to go "oh sh" not even enough time to get the "it" out.
    Son of a bitch..
    Your uncle and cousin in my prayers..

Take care keep us up to date.

Mikey
  4. thomas.tc.young

thomas.tc.young Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i hope everything turns out alright for them. i hope the intoxicated driver was booked.
  5. going south

going south hero & Zero...

Oddometer:
    I hate hearing these things!!!

Prayers are with you.
  6. inbred

inbred Sweeter than Yoo-hoo

Oddometer:
    Lets hope for the best.
  7. equ

equ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In NJ? What town?
  8. c5babe

c5babe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully, but unlikely. Some of these drunks have 10, 15, arrests and more.
  9. Packer

Packer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scotland, wonderful biking when it's dry (rarely)
    Which highlights the failure of the current system to deal effectively with them.

A shame that they don't cut off big rigs or armoured trucks more often.

I hope both riders make a full recovery although it sounds unlikely.
  10. RFVC600R

RFVC600R Long timer

Oddometer:
    :dog

I'm sorry to hear about that, they are in my thoughts and more importantly in my prayers

I have a strong hatred towards alcohol just for this reason. How many people gotta be killed or maimed because of idiots, booze and steering wheels?

If you're going to drink or do some drug, go for it! Thats on you. Just please don't pick up those keys.
  11. mrpete64

mrpete64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If it isn't drunks...it's idiots texting/putting on makeup or some other stupid thing. If supid was a fuel source America would be in the clear!!

Again...my prayers go out to your family.
  12. gmk999

gmk999 23 wrong turns off the main trail

Oddometer:
    So Sorry, they are in my prayers.. you too. Hang in there and if you don't mind keep us posted. Peace!
  13. lineareagle

lineareagle philomath

Oddometer:
    Just a damn shame.

Sorry to hear about it.
  14. feline

feline Purrrrrrrrrrs!

Oddometer:
    So sorry to hear. How are they doing?
  15. middleview

middleview gizmo

Oddometer:
    I'm really sorry for to read this - your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
  16. firemedic3293

firemedic3293 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys-

A quick update-

My uncle was moved to rehab two days ago, he has about 2-3 more surgeries on his wrist, they plan on removing some of the pins every 4 weeks. His ankle was broken and is in a boot, his femur was repaired that day, although its still immobilized. Overall he is in good spirits.

My cousin is still induced, and on a vent. They are weening him off slowly but surely, it'll just take time. Once off the vent he has to get his back operated on, they will insert some pins into the vertebrae that broke during the fall, I am told he has no neurological impairment which is a major plus :clap. After that I am assuming there will be some lengthy rehab before he can go back to work.

Its a shame that this lady can ruin such a passion, I have ridden some type of motorcycle with my cousin for the last 16 yrs and now I am sure there will be no more of that. Unfortunately I even question if I should sell my two bikes, because no matter how safe we are, its usually the other idiots.

I thank all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers.
  17. Ponies ate my Bagel

Ponies ate my Bagel Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer:

My uncle rode off a mountain about 2 years ago. He just forgot the turn was there and launched off hard. When my cousin and Grandpa found him his ankle was laying on his ear and he was unconscious. After a life-flight, 5 surgeries and rehab he's up and riding again, but he'll never be the same. He hasn't changed mentally though and is still batshit insane. Evidenced by the fact he broke his coccyx when he looped a ktm dirt bike he'd just gotten. A bad wreck doesn't have to mean the end of the road for riders, but for some it certainly seems to. God speed to them, they're both in my prayers.
  18. Kaanan

Kaanan Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer:
    I recently heard a story of a wisconsin mad who is finally going to prison after his 8th DUI. Pathetic.
  19. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very sorry to hear and I hope for a full and speedy recovery to the both of them.
    As for the driver....It would seem like she will be in big trouble because she actually caused bodily injury to others.....well lets hope so.....
  20. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

Not in Jersey, three DUI's you get 180 days ...mandatory......no limit either, I know a guy that got a pair of DUIs like 20 years ago, he got another about 3 months ago, he got 180s for the third DUI, and he's got to go back to court to explain why he didn't pay his alimony

duh.