why, man i feel bad right now,

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by joseywales76, Feb 10, 2008.

1. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    um, Rockin, I'm a bit confused why you are confused about why he would hit the driver's door if they turned left. If I am traveling on a four lane road and a van is the right lane and suddenly turns left as I am driving in the left lane, I would hit the left side of the said van, and maybe even the left side door. ie; the driver's door. Unless of course you are in the UK or Australia or Japan, etc.

Josey, sounds like you have a great case if they filed a false report and did a felony hit and run. In addition to any civil case you may be considering, let the DA's office know you want some sort of financial judgement in the criminal matter. Ask them about talking with a Victim's assistance person to help facilitate this. Good Luck.
  2. joseywales76

joseywales76 hasbeen

Oddometer:
  3. drrider1

drrider1 just running amuck Supporter

Oddometer:
    didn't end up geting hit but some ass hat pulled a left turn from the right lane damn i love those r11rt brakes..........jes sayin prolly splains driver door dent:eek1
  4. OldBMWMaster

OldBMWMaster Banned

Oddometer:
    Pic # 1.
  5. OldBMWMaster

OldBMWMaster Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  6. OldBMWMaster

OldBMWMaster Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. OldBMWMaster

OldBMWMaster Banned

Oddometer:
    Since no one has said it yet...That will buff right out.
  8. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    damn man, glad you made it out better than the bike seems to have!:eek1
    what a sorry ass excuse for a human being to do that - I can see it now - dumb blonde, new van, chatting away on cell phone while looking at the onboard navigation trying to find her way to the local nail salon, pulls right out in front of you, freaks out an leaves so on so forth.
    scary man, good luck puttin the bike back together with the money you should reap from this. if things dont turn out the way you want then sue the dipshits and their insurance.
  9. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    I've got two words for you my friend: trackday bike.

Hope your lawyer fucking crucifies the cowardly turd. But more to the point, I hope the docs have you on the GOOD PAIN MEDS.
  10. DirtyOldMan

DirtyOldMan Motorsickle enthusiast

Oddometer:
    1. Feel better.
    2. Sic em!
  11. joseywales76

joseywales76 hasbeen

Oddometer:
    got some new pics posted in photobucket, i think the frame is toast, by the lower tree, seems to be some frame damage, and it is loose, top tree broke, forks look bent alittle, when i get my left wrist fixed, ill tear it down, and post pics of the frame, you guys tell me if it can be fixed, right now the whole front is getting tossed, left side foot peg and shifter, and motor case,
  12. fas

fas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumb Hope you can recovery both the physical and financial losses.

Keep us up to date on the progress taking the careless and rotten prick(s) to court. Do not settle out of court, unless the payoff is major league.

Nail the perps if possible with a hard hit on their driving, their insurance and their legal records.

To make a driving mistake is one thing. To run from an accident, to lie about it, and to try to be a world clas prick deserves a ton of bad karma.

I remember how I felt the day my 427 Corvette was stolen. It hurts when you bump into the dark side of humanity.
  13. joseywales76

joseywales76 hasbeen

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  14. joseywales76

joseywales76 hasbeen

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  15. Bronx

Bronx Bronx

Oddometer:
    How are your injuries now?

Where are the bastards that hit you now? Are they in the lock up?

When is court?

Bruce
  16. joseywales76

joseywales76 hasbeen

Oddometer:
    well, i had a P.I. help me track them down, i know who pulled out in front of me, guys i need advise on how to handle this, they called the van in stolen after the fact, the police seem unwilling to do anything, the lawyers say its a hard case to prove, anyone know a lawyer in ga. that might help me.
  17. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Dude, very sorry to read your story.

How about a post in the regional forums for the Southeast, looking for someone to help with finding an attorney.

Absent that, I'd just turn to the yellow pages and find an attorney that specializes in personal injury claims. Even a middle of the road lawyer can piece together the time the van was reported stolen and compare it to the time of your accident. Even if all that doesn't match up, he'll take your deposition and go after their insurance.

If you haven't explored things deeply with your insurance company, you might just do that too, or get that attorney to help.

So restated, go to the yellow pages, dig in your insurance companies ass to go after theirs and don't sweat the details. Those folks get paid to work for you. I wish you the best of luck in recovery and in navigating the waters.

An aside, my sister had an issue with something, she went to the attorney, told him the story, he took the case and she told me, "I'm going to let go now...let go and let him bear all the frustration". That was smart, I think. Someone's getting sued...your insurance company, theirs or the folks themselves.

Either way, this isn't a case of you trying to get something for nothing--so my advice is to embrace the attorney route and go for the gusto. Interview a few and find the one that your gut tells you is the predator with attention to detail.
  18. FixxiT

FixxiT Lunitic Fringe

Oddometer:
    Just a thought....
    When the van was "stolen"...was the ignition punched out or damaged...
    or did it get "stolen" conveniently with the keys in it?
    was it found stripped/trashed/jumped out of in motion as criminals sometimes do to elude..or safely parked..:deal

You have my commiseration on this miserable situation.
    Being this was a crime with injury & economic loss..was the van checked for evidence or prints by the PD?
    What is the statis of the registered owners licence? insurance? driving record?
    Anything of record that would possibly motivate this individual to flee culpability for an accident?
    Go the attorney route & dig dig DIG
  19. Lorretto

Lorretto City Dweller Crushperado Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just add what Fixxit. Get a copy of the police report on the the "stolen" vehicle. See if there is anything obviously fabricated. Was it stolen from their home, shopping mall, local pub? Where did they call it in to the police from? You may need to check with the LEO that took the report. When did they call it in to their insurance, all the insurers record the incoming calls. If you can find an obvious flaw in the stolen vehicle story talk to your lowest level elected officials office as how one makes an appointment with a ADA/Prosecutor in your city/county/parrish. If you go to church, talk with your clergy about who in the community you can bring your issue to get results. The cops are not the only avenue to get a dirt bag POS to know the pleasures of institutionalized living.

On picking a lawyer, it's not as easy as it sounds. Your case should have value so a contingent fee arrangement would be the road you look for. The Bar Association in your area should have a steering committee for personal injury cases for both plaintiff's and defense counsel. You can try to cold call the defense lawyers on the steeering committee to find out who on the plaintiff's side they have dealt with that know what they are doing. If they stay on the phone long enough to hear your story they may help you. Obviously, if you know someone that knows someone that works with defense counsel it will go a long way to getting you pointed to the right lawyer. If you come up empty on a referal from the defense side, try to check out a couple of the lawyers that sit on the plaintiff's side of the steering committee, one of them may be a better choice than letting your fingers do the walking. Good luck.