Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys use a different front fender for the TE610? Like a KTM type fender? I've never liked the looks of the round fender and feel this bike deserves a more angular fender that fits the angled plastics better.
  2. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have used the 630 SM version, bit shorter and angular. 630 TE will also work as will a number of generic ones I am sure.
  3. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    I though i had heard a te511 or 510 would fit .. I wouldnt mind tarting mine up too
  4. aaron2a

aaron2a supermoto hooligan

Oddometer:
    You could always run the front fender and headlight off of the SM610.
  5. riderIN

riderIN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My headlight bulb is out on 06 TE610.
    Anybody tried a 35W halogen bulb in the stock headlight?
    Will this be OK or too hot and melt the plastic?
    I don't ride at night,but would be nice to have "something" there other than the regular bulb in case I do.
    THX
  6. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    You'll be absolutely fine. In fact, the stock wattage is 35W. I actually have a 9007 55/60W bulb in mine using an adapter and that's when it starts to melt. I try not to use my high beam unless I'm moving at fast clip.
  7. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My '06 te 610, 345 miles, clean title, $500.00
    maybe not the best bike since I've never actually owned a two wheeler before but hey, im 40, what could go wrong? I have only put a little over 100 miles on it due to pouribg rain on my days off but i lpve it. It needs some rejetting (seems lean), cold natured as hell and the headlight is a rediculous excuse for light but so far im loving the bike!

i can't seem to get a picture to upload but i will keep trying, great thread though.
  8. aaron2a

Oddometer:
    Only $500!?!?
  9. snoman32

snoman32 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    $500 I'm in!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup, i gave 500 bucks. Pretty sweet deal, I couldn't say no.
  11. aaron2a

Oddometer:
    Can't say no to a deal like that.
  12. riderIN

riderIN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks I'll order it than!:clap
  13. Javo

Javo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone i'm the happy/sad owner of an 08' TE610. Heppy because that bike simple rocks best ride I ever had. sad because my rear hub broke and i haven't been able to take a ride for several months (It is extremely hard to find parts for this bike) i'm in Costa Rica that's why in the mean time i've been doing some work to it like adding LEDs and Tusk hanguards with turn signals, some work on th wiring harness.
    Something that is really bothering me is that my neutral light is ALWAYS on haven't been able to figure out why (this is ever since i bought it) any ideas?
    Thanks before hand pictures coming soon (Have to find out how this works first time ever in a forum)
  14. Dudsamoto

Dudsamoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. Javo

Javo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks dudsa! have you or do you know of anyone else over here that used that hub on the OEM rim? the thing is I was looking for an aftermarket hub called warp 9 and they said the TE610 uses an European lace pattern and their hubs are only made for the japanese patern. Now to be honest idk if the guy was just messing with me trying to get me to buy the whole wheel set or if that is actually the case.
    So bottom line i'm afraid it won't work and if it doesn't i'm stuck with close to $600 less in my pocket (That with out counting shipping and taxes to Costa Rica) so i just want to be extra sure!!
  16. TALLGUY

TALLGUY Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, so I need a little help.

I just bought an 09 SM610 that didn't even have all the break in miles completed. I wanted a TE but they are a little rare around here in the land of corn and flat.

An inmate has suggested WARP9 for a 21 inch front and 18 inch rear rim conversion. It looks like they sell the wheels complete with brake disc and bearings installed. There are plenty of tire choices for a 17 rear 60/40 tire so any reason to swap that out? A Mitas e09 or TKC looked like a workable plan.

What will I need for the front? A new caliper??

Also are they identical bikes or are there other suspension differences? I didn't see a compression adjustment on the front forks just rebound. Is that correct and the same for a TE front end?

I also need the lowest pegs available for it. I took the rubber out of the factory pegs which gained me an inch but I could use a little more.

Thanks
    TG
  17. Dudsamoto

Dudsamoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Javo, I have not done the cush drive yet,but plan to. If I were you I would contact Woody's Wheel Works they can give you the straight scoop on all those fitment questions. I know they have made up wheels for 610's with that hub, not sure if it will lace to stock rim though.
    http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/home.htm
  18. OneLostMoto

OneLostMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running this aftermarket KTM fender on my Husky. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00230LYMS/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_cgitub08C9H8Q

Wasn't a perfect fit. Had to drill out the back holes a little to get the hole pattern to match up (then reinforced the washers with some plastic epoxy. Trimmed up the rear of the fender a little too. Had it on for this past riding season and it's worked great. Looks great too IMO

[​IMG]
  19. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    ^ Cool, that's kinda what I was looking for when I asked the question. Actually, what I ended up doing just last week was to unbolt the fender brace in the front, pulled up on the fender and elongated the holes and bolted it back together. The fender looks much better and doesn't have a droopy look to it like it did.

BTW, the offer's still good if you want to drill out your fuel pump for brass elbows. That goes for anyone else in the PNW that has broken off the proprietary fuel connectors. I have the correct size drill and tap. I also have 1 or 2 more resisters left if you wanna do the DIY power up mod.
  20. KawiTexan

KawiTexan Confused Contractor

Oddometer:
    Hey Husko's, I had a rough day in the garage and very badly marred my first valve clearance check on my 08 TE610. Lets just say it involved dropping an ink pen into the cylinder and ripping apart a Husky. Anywhooooo, during my anger-dismantling of the head, I had forgotten to mark the cam chain and cam (oops). I see a dot on the cam, but no timing marks on the flywheel like a Jap bike would have. Am I blind or just missing something? :ear

Already posted on Cafe Husky but no traffic yet. Thanks Husko's