1290SA GPS bracket?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Dell_dude, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been looking for a GPS mounting bracket for the 1290 when it arrives soon.

Anyone know if the KTM PowerPart mount will fit? Talking about 60312992044

I noticed that someone snapped a pic at a show where there was a Nuvi mounted with what appeared to be that part, but the pic detail wasn't enough to be sure.

I'm hoping maybe one of you who's already received the bike has tried this one.
  2. Blokkie

Blokkie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No that won't fit. First week of april I expect to get the original GPS mount for the 1290.

Blokkie
  3. Martyred

Martyred Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The mount for the 1290 SA (60412992044) is diffrent from the 1190 A mount (60312992044)!

[​IMG]
  4. Mister B 1200

Mister B 1200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I Agree with this, the 1290 SA mount is due in the UK 2nd week in April..
  5. Dell_dude

Oddometer:

Thanks for pointing that out.

On the US site, when I drilled down to the 1290, there are no GPS brackets visible.

Now I know what part # to look for. :thumb
  6. vincentrapide

vincentrapide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth: I tried this bracket in conjunction with a Touratech lockable mount. The studs from the TT mount don't correctly align with the slots in the KTM bracket. The intent seems that you fit the Garmin unit directly to the bracket, fair enough.
    BUT; with a Garmin 590LM fitted the whole thing moves around up to 25mm, and this over not particularly rough roads. It obviously makes viewing the screen difficult, and I cannot believe the bracket will last long given the degree of flex. I hope I'm wrong!
  7. Dell_dude

Oddometer:
    Are you talking about the PowerParts mount?
  8. willjco

willjco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know of site/dealer that has the mount for sale?
  9. vincentrapide

vincentrapide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The KTM bracket went back. Fitted the Touratech bracket, much better, and as it should the TT lockable mount fits it just fine. I understand that the TT bracket is the same as the 1190's fitment.
  10. Mister B 1200

Mister B 1200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any dealer in the UK can get it, only takes a few days from KTM if not in stock . I find it very good for my Zumo 660 ,very stable on the road and a nice neat fit.
  11. 00dbex00

00dbex00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I called a couple US dealers and they all said that it shows Unavailable. Anyone had any luck finding it?
    ktd1911 likes this.
  12. willjco

willjco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a reputable dealer that can send the mount to the US?
  13. Dell_dude

Oddometer:
    After hearing that the PP mount wouldn't work well with the Touratech locking mount, I researched and found that the instrument cluster part #s for the 1190 and 1290 are the same, so I just ordered the TT mount.

Still no bike yet obviously, since I'm in the U.S.
  14. 00dbex00

00dbex00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    People seem to like the SW Motech one. Can anyone confirm fitment on that?
  15. paidoutcomes

paidoutcomes Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the new KTM 1290sa GPS mount, does it fit the Garmin zumo series without any adapter? Also is there a locking option or does one have to buy another piece to make it lockable? Looks like the TT mount is lockable but huge. Would the TT lockable mount take place of the ktm mount or be used together?
  16. Mister B 1200

Mister B 1200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The fixing ( supporting/holding ,whatever you call it ..) bracket the came with my Zumo 660 fits perfectly to the bracket and is stable in road riding conditions .. In fact the PP catalogue states 'Fits all Garmin devices..' A good bit of kit in my book ,very neat and looks part of the bike.. Its so easy just to unclip the garmin and take it with you that I can see little need for a locking device ..... I had 2 Touratech lockable carriers on my 990 and I found them poor and expensive,just my opinion!!
  17. paidoutcomes

paidoutcomes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that feedback. I am considering this solution and just adding a small lock to keep the release button (top right of the photo) from being pressed, which holds the GPS unit into its cradle. Not serious protection but may be enough of a deterrent. We shall see.

[​IMG]
  18. paidoutcomes

paidoutcomes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know why the 1290sa GPS bracket is not available to order in the US? It's PP 604.12.992.044. My dealer states:
    except the GPS mount is no longer available. My parts guy Charlie said 1<SUP>st</SUP> you are to pick what GPS you use, get the matching GPS mount for that brand GPS, then get the matching GPS mount. Let us know what you want for the GPS setup.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  19. R-dubb

R-dubb Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's a confusing statement since KTM does not have a part that interfaces with the bike. The dealer or you will need to improvise. Personally, I'm not very hopeful that the 1290 PP mount to the windscreen brackets will be satisfactory. I think Grognon, our Belgian friend, may have found the best approach, using a RAM ball bar clamp on the windscreen axle assembly, extend a RAM arm and use an AMPS ball plate to mount to the GPS holder you show above. Very simple, cheap and appears quite stable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. paidoutcomes

paidoutcomes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah the dealer statement was confusing to me as well. I am hoping the pp one is good. Didn't someone else report that it works pretty slick? Something about just sliding it over a bit to change viewing angle. Sounds handy.

I have the bits to mount it as grognon for a plan B.