XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    The wear on my countershaft splines at 7,800 miles was slightly worse. :nod You don't yet have a lot of damage, but I still encourage you to install an XR650R countershaft sprocket. :deal

Spud :wave
  2. aim2kill

aim2kill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know right! The battery and rear panel are just begging me to come home from africa....and this pesky little fella just doesnt want to show up...

At the moment its scheduled for 24 July, which still beats me home so i am not too worried about it, however, if the item is still backordered as of 01AUG then i will be ordering elsewhere/another part (as you listed above)

I ordered a second Shorai battery (for other frankenstein projects) and that thing was back ordered all the way to the factory, however they have since picked up their backordered month and supplies are on the shelf at a couple vendors.

My dad was able to make that little guy for my bike crank over his GL1800 no problem, and has since ordered an equivilent version for his, thanks Spud! :freaky

If your ever in southern MS, the beer's on me. :wink:
  3. 1Bonehead

1Bonehead Fearless of Falling

Oddometer:
    How does htat stop or slow ther wearing of the shaft? I am all ears:ear
  4. aim2kill

Oddometer:
    perhaps i simply missed the post, but what front tire is that? it looks really aggressive...daddy likes it. :wink:
  5. aim2kill

Oddometer:
    the XRR sprocket makes more contact area with the shaft. somewhere near 60% more if I am not mistaken.
  6. 1Bonehead

1Bonehead Fearless of Falling

Oddometer:
    thanks for the information. My next change out.
  7. XR650L_Dave

XR650L_Dave Long timer

Oddometer:

About 8k, very similar.

[​IMG]
  8. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

Looks like a sweet place to ride:clap

B
  9. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

I hear ya there....i`ve busted one at least..

B
  10. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    Yea... and to think I considered staying in Texas when I retired from the Army... wtf was I thinking?!
  11. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    the stock xrl sprocket floats or has lots of clearance to move around on the splines so it will hammer the splines little by little, the xr650r sprocket is super tight and takes up all the splines on the xrl so there is no slop or movement. this is good because the splines wont get hammered little by little from clearance. i put on 20,000 miles with the xr650r sprocket and it didnt have any play at all still. i think it would keep going and going for a very long time.
  12. mendoteach

mendoteach Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the idea of a fender bag for tools, the problem is the every bike I've ridden with one steers like ass.
  13. MR HANCOCK

MR HANCOCK OFF ROAD RIDER

Oddometer:
    hey GLOCKPOINTER the handguard's are TUSK D-FLEX.. about $54.99 from RM/ATV catolog...they will save yer lever's + knuckel buster's.!:thumb or falling down when you try to go up that hill agian.!!:rofl:poserlookin forward to riding agian wit ya GLOCK....:beer..........lonnie.
  14. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Aim. :D My Shorai battery has performed flawlessly for 7,500 miles. Incidentally, I am still very pleased with my Shorai battery relocation; it has also performed flawlessly for me. :nod

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666195

Spud :wave
  15. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:

and not only is the sprocket 60% wider for more contact patch, the fit of the splines is perfect. No slop at all.
  17. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    Random question, Does anyone know the lenght end to end of the xr650l steering stem? Im trying to collect info for a fork swap.
  18. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    I think I posted it in my fork swap post... let me see if I can find it. gimme a few.

EDIT: actual build starts at post#14. the first post is just... funny. I doesn't mention the length, though perhaps there is other info you can use.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656073
  19. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    Thank you, I will read through this tonight. I have a set of KX USDs laying around, that I want to put on my new to me xr650l. All balls sells a bearing conversion kit. Looks like the only catch will be if the KX stem is the right lenght, or atleast too long.

EDIT: beechum, looks like you are in SD, Im just a little north of you in Vista.
  20. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    Jungleplant you're the man. Rack showed up and has been installed on the bike:D I now know why they are called manracks. After installation I could just feel my testosterone levels skyrocket! I feel like riding over to the local kids park and roosting all the little fuckers:freaky