Anderwerks BMW Calgary (resolved)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jdcross, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good news. Now we can close this thread.
  2. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:

:scratch
    Look what it took to get the right thing done. "Shame on you Dave" would be more fitting.
  3. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bbbbut, Dan Alexander's unpaid $2000 issue hasn't been resolved yet.

{ DA, file a lien against the property title }
  4. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Exactly, now this issue is really important :lol3

I'll look into doing that, do you need a judgement from a small claims court?
  5. R12Battletub

R12Battletub nooblet

Oddometer:
    No, but you usually have to register the claim against the property within 45 days. Having a lien on the property won't actually do much unless the owner wants to sell; then the lien has to be resolved. Some people just don't like to have a lien on their house so they may try to come to some sort of agreement to get rid of it. That's generally how it goes here in Ottawa fucking Ontario but you might want to talk to someone who deals with this stuff professionally. $2000 ain't peanuts; imagine how much Labatts you could get for that:beer
  6. Durden

Durden Freak!

Oddometer:
    Its sad to hear this story. I've had a few shops screw up my bike (not Anderwerks) on trivial work, but all immediately resolved the issue and offered fair comp. Customers have to be reasonable too, and based on your story you were being reasonable.

Glad Anderwerks made the right decision in the end. The funny things is I've been trying for 8 months to get work done there, but no one has ever called me back! I usually call for 3 days straight, then after no reply go somewhere else for the servicing.

I get the impression they are great mechanics, they are honest and do care, but really struggle at running a business. That's not unique for small shops. I've been over there for events, and they do take pride in their work.
  7. Jeathrow Bowdean

Jeathrow Bowdean Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad that this all worked out for you jdcross. I was hoping that some thing good come out of this, and it did.

I think that this is something that many of us can take to the bank when it comes to dealing on what ever project we need.
  8. alberta bob

alberta bob Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Its all good expensive but good :clap
  9. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    "very happy to hear this Dave has been working on my air head for the last 16 years"

Jeeze...and I thought his three day oil changes were long.....16 yrs working on your bike?

What's he doing????? :dhorse

:hide
  10. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    About friggin time. Way too long overdue but at least it's all taken care of now....