Nascar 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Motorcyclist, Dec 4, 2011.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    She said right after qualifying that she jumped the car hard and broke something, they should have fixed it and gone to the back for the start. Probably would have finished better.
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Funny how DODGE and DODGE logos was everywhere at this race
  3. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:

That probably is more plausible than a shoe diong damage, but still, running over anything at 100 plus can't be good for the undercarriage. I doubt she would have won if it held together, but she would have been somewhere near the front at the end.
  4. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    And furthermore, as fond as nascar is of debris cautions, It seemed like they had more than enough time to call one before the pack got there.(to the shoe)
  5. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    Does Montoya have any fans here?

I'm wondering if there has been a race this season where he hasn't been involved in a wreck. (I can't recall one....)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
  6. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, a shoe didn't break the track bar and snap an axle. Damn shame, because I was rooting for her...good run and showing great skill. Did you catch her saying 'fuck' on the air? :lol3
  7. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rainin "F" bombs in NASCAR this weekend!:lol3:eek1Crewman chided a NASCAR offical for throwing debris in Martins seat.:deal
  8. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Yeah, Jeff Gordon too, but they bleeped 'em out. :lol3
  9. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I doubt they knew it was broken. She told them it bottomed out hard in qualy and I assume they checked it out. Since they don't have x-ray gear to scan the metal, they probably couldn't tell if it had a small fracture. Who knows whether or not the shoe triggerred it? She wasn't taking the curbs hard and the problems started almost immediately after she ran over the thing. :dunno
  10. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Any amount of work on the car sends them to the back if I understand right. The rear end was shifting around before the shoe, the shoe was the trigger for the announcers to start looking at her car.

Mark Martin is a man that is lucky to be alive, he oughta quit and enjoy his grandkids.
  11. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah two feet towards the front and he'd be all fucked up.
  12. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    1:30

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2jzwZSBEUo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2jzwZSBEUo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  13. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    They ground down the top groove at Bristol after fans complained about boring racing in March. The goal was to bring back side-by-side racing. Didn't work for the Nationwide cars on Friday. The top groove was still the place to be. Cars underneath had a hard time making a pass.
  14. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Anybody know if it's an actual rule to drop the window net if you're ok inside the car so the safety crews don't kill themselves getting to you as fast as possible? Is it just a gentleman's agreement like the old don't race back to the line after a crash thing?

Danica just sits there, crash after crash after crash she doesn't even bother getting herself out of the car. Maybe she can't reach the net?
  15. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Inside the last 20 laps, NASCAR throws the usual "debris on the track" yellow. One guy who happened to desperately need more gas was the 22, Brad Keselowski.

Then ESPN's replay shows a water bottle coming out of Brad Keselowski's car.

Then ESPN's in-car camera shows Brad Keselowski grabbing his water bottle and throwing it out of his window. :rofl

Lucky bastard, NASCAR says the debris wasn't the bottle, so the 22 wasn't penalized.

But his interview on pit road right after the race was classic in-your-face lying. The fucker kept saying he didn't know anything about water bottle. He looked like a tool pretending he didn't know what he had done. Someone should have told him it was on national tee-vee. :lol3
  16. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

He was confused because he had thrown the water bottle out something like 20 laps before that caution. ESPN saved the replay so they could show it to Harvick on the big screen under caution to try and manipulate him into a Harvick tantrum, damn near worked. :lol3

"An ESPN spokesperson said the network had taped the water bottle toss earlier and showed it during the caution as a possible cause of the yellow, a set of facts which supports Keselowski's version of events."

I'm not sure why nascar.com is blaming the wreck with the 30 on Danica, he clearly caused the wreck.

Pretty good showing by Pastrana, I say he wins the championship next year in Nationwide.
  17. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:

Wow. That's even worse than in the Euros, when UEFA spliced video of fans crying during the national anthem and played it after their team had conceded a goal. Scummy work.

Still, the Keselowski interview was the funniest I've ever seen of an athlete. At the end he finally admitted he'd thrown out the bottle, and said everyone throws their (half-full) water bottles onto the track. :lol3
  18. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Earlier in the season Travis said his goal this year was to beat Danica, and he hasn't managed that yet.
  19. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    So why does NASCRAP allow this?

So they have a reason to throw the yellow and alter the race results, for "entertainment" purposes?

What a joke.
  20. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Harvick was plain spoken after the race. He said what we all know to be true: NASCAR throws the cautions when they please, for whatever reason they please. And often, it's to bunch up the field and make a dash for the end. Harvick got screwed, his car was utterly dominant until forced to do restarts on old tires at the end.