Aprilia Caponord

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by CapoGreg, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ddavidv

ddavidv The reason we can't have nice things

Oddometer:
    Greetings, Capo owners. :wave
    Researching my next bike, and pretty much deciding on a Triumph Tiger 955i, my plans were tossed asunder when I discovered this unusual Italian steed. Quite intrigued, but having yet to see one in the flesh, I'm wondering if anyone in the south central/eastern PA or northern Maryland has one I could test fit the ergos on? Knowing that I fit well in advance would open up a fly-n-ride possibility should one become available.
  2. xsubmariner

xsubmariner n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow. I'm looking for a good, but used, bike and was looking at a Triumph Trophy 3 900. Then I saw a few cities over a 2002 yellow Caponord with matching top and side cases. It has 20k+ miles on it but the paint looks newish in the pics. The rims and spokes need a going over with some elbow grease but I expect that of an '02. It has crash guards, handlebar wind deflectors and a custom seat. I like the look of this bike and what people have said about big guys. I'm 6'2" 140lbs. With gas prices the way they are this will be a commuter bike and occasionally weekend warrior 2 up. This bike just looks right for me. Never thought I'd like a yellow bike! Must be getting old, it looks comfy.

Also I like the for warnings I have read about here, loose bolts (gotta check those when I see it in the next few days) and how to watch the power when adding electrical accessories. There's a lot of good info on this forum and I'm assuming, if something drastic doesn't throw me when I see it in person, that in a short while I'll be posting pics and asking advice.

Tim
  3. BrittC

BrittC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. xsubmariner

xsubmariner n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks Britt. Yeah I saw, and took a screen grab, of a list someone made. CBR rectifier, solder connectors w/shrink tube, straight stand, center stand (getting it anyway to help derust rims), tourances, metal fuel connectors, etc. I got some work to put in. Be handy if/when I purchase it and post pics, someone in the forum says "Hey! That's (insert name here) bike." Then I might find some of that list crossed off already. How many yellow Caponords are there? I googled "yellow caponord" (with quotes) and only the bike I'm looking to purchase comes up. Be sweet to talk to the former owner. I'm sure the dealer won't tell me much...
  5. BrittC

Oddometer:
    Any yellow Caponord that you find has been re-painted. They were never offered in yellow...
  6. xsubmariner

xsubmariner n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah i kinda thought that was the case. It draws attention. And not the "hey pull me over" kind of attention.
    Sigh... just waiting on that check in the mail. The minute it clears I'm on the prowl. :)
  7. megalopsyxos

megalopsyxos n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

remember my burned Capo?

[​IMG]

Here is it after restoration

[​IMG]
  8. BrittC

Oddometer:
    Looking good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  9. quicktoys2

quicktoys2 ADVrider junkie :)

Oddometer:
    Bravo :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Looks better than new
  10. ScatmanJack

ScatmanJack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some of you might remember I bought a 04 Capo at the end of last year, and had planned a few mods over the winter.

This is what it looked like then.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well after a bit of work and a respray, this is what she looks like now :clap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New wheels, Discs, and bigger 4 pot Brembo's make it stop better, also have Ricor Intiminators fitted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Taken whilst on a recent trip to Achill Island on the west coast of Ireland.

[​IMG]
  11. Dubl-A

Dubl-A SuckerDucker

Oddometer:
    Sweet group photo there!!
  12. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    Nice job Jack! Love the color, is that the orange Lamborghini painted Capo I saw on AF1?
  13. ScatmanJack

ScatmanJack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The very one !! PetrolBurner, and it gets nicer looking the more I ride it !! :clap
  14. Precis

Precis Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer:
    Yep, I recall seeing the yellow one on the AF1 forum a while back - if you trundle through the "Show me your Caponord" thread, you'll likely find it.
    My memory's not great (which is why I have my name on my helmet....) but I recall that bike as being "sorted" in terms of most of the fixes & upgrades.
    But there are always more farkles to be had!
    And you could do better than Tourances too: the new Anakees seem to be the tyres of choice if you don't ride muchany dirt.
    My original Tourances got shredded in short order, so I fitted Heidenau K60s which are more dirt-worthy - and gave THREE times the mileage of the Tourances; I'm on my second set, with a third pair ready to go on.
    My wife rides a Capo too and she has Conti Trail Attacks, which are giving great mileage and are very good on sealed roads, but despite their name, utterly useless in mud, sand & gravel.

So, did you get it yet?:evil
  15. Sideout

Sideout Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. Celtic Curmudgeon

Celtic Curmudgeon Indiana Jones wanabe

Oddometer:
    Anyone running a ProTaper ATV High without risers on a Capo? I need a bar change, and the RR kit is way over budget, so I need to do this with OTC parts. For the record, I'm about 5'10". Also, I have one bent and one cracked footpegs, like to know what others are running, I know there's not much Capo-specific stuff, but a lot of other brands are easily adapted.

Thx.
  17. megalopsyxos

megalopsyxos n00b

Oddometer:
    Comparing with the previous set of your bike, I noticed a tank pad embedded perfectly. Where did you get or order it, since I have 2 online orders to missmatch with the tank's shape?
  18. mikejohn

mikejohn Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone here tried rotors from China? I need to replace all 3. Just wondering how good these are or do i need my life ins. paid up if i use them:D wife says get them honey, I'll even pay for them:huh
  19. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've heard mixed reviews on the Chinese rotors. Some have had good luck, while others have had warping in short order. Check out the AF1 shop for OEM replacements, prices have come down recently
  20. Reddog*

Reddog* Meh.........

Oddometer:
    AF1 has some oem front rotors of under $60 each USD. You do need to buy bushings, washers and bolts to mount them.

I haven't mounted the set I got yet, but they look fine.