Cruiser Scooters?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by btcn, Apr 2, 2012.

1. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I's just thinking how much I'd love a practicle cruiser scooter!

Combine a Cruiser and a Scooter. Other than Craig Vetter's Sportster 1200 scoot [which BTW is badass!], theres no real cruiser scoots! I do love his, espically the one without the fairing! If it had a wider floorboard it'd be ultimate! But, those ain't like actually availible to the comsumer. But I like his work, talanted guy!

BUT, I'd like to see one of the big 4 or somebody make a real V-Twin, American style, Cruiser Scooter! They's quite successful in copying H-D, with the Yamaha Roadstar 1600 Silverado, other than just a bit of a character difference, being a Harley.

Seriously. Think about it! It ain't fare for us Cruiser guys! Theres Sporty scoots [like T-Max, those fast litttle 2 strokers like them 180/200 Dragsters that's super fast], etc. Then theres the touring scooters of course, the Maxis, Burgman, Majesty, Silverwing, etc. Then, just putt putt small displacement scoots of course, for just zooming around town. And, some reasonable off road scoots, like the Zuma 50/125, and the old Honda CTs.

But wheres a 250-750 cc, V-Twin, chromed out, scooter. With the coolness of a big twin, purdy with chrome, that rumble and feel of a V-Twin motor, and torque, etc. BUT, combined with the practicleness of a scooter? Automatic, floorboard, somewhat nimble, medium sized tires, etc?
  2. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    300cc Genuine Cruiser

oh yeah its the dream of a few :evil
  3. gumshoe4

gumshoe4 Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    How about a Sporty with a Autoclutch?
  5. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Cruz this !

[​IMG]

Or this.
  6. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Me likey dis... I don't require a step thru... I just stand on a truck bumper and JUMP on. :rofl
  7. Tacoma

Tacoma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cruiser scooter? stupid idea,,, if you would ever experience riding a scooter you would know that dealers that sell only cruiser bikes such as HD, Victory hate scooters with a passion so they know they will never make one cause they will never want a person like you as a customer, they look at you as a threat to their manhood just because you ride a scooter, you make them look bad,,, they don't want no geek in their showroom, you might scare their regular tough guy customers away,,, The reason for owning a scooter is the first place is your are strong minded, independent, honest and you don't pretend to be someone your not, you're not afraid to ride what you enjoy riding, you should have pride in yourself cause you don't fit in that same mold as everybody else, its the weak minded people that think owning and riding the biggest, most expensive, loudest cruiser will transform them into someone they are not or never were or never will be,,they are fakes,,,,,,, yea,, I admit I made that same mistake in the past, but now I learned and know better,, I have learned its all about riding what you enjoy riding a bike that impresses you and thrills you, not a bike that impresses everybody else!
  8. Tacoma

Tacoma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the scooter I ride,,,the more and more people that cut it down and make fun of it the more I LOVE it, because I consider the source from the negative comments come from, the only reason they cut down what I ride is because they want what they ride to look better,,,, it makes me sick the way the HD guys park their HDs at a public place in a place where everybody that walks by has to walk next to it and the guy that owns it stands back and watches every person that walks past looking at his bike, the biggest insult is to never look, never notice it, or park my scooter next to it.
    One day last summer I was at a ice cream place with 3 all chromed HD's parked almost blocking the entrance, so I pulled my scooter behind them side ways blocking them in and just sat there just waiting for them to say something to me, then a man with his kid walked by and started talking to me about my scooter , he talked about buying one and he was really interested about my scooter asking me lots of questions, then another stranger walked up and started talking about a scooter he owns, and I was attracting more attention than the HD's, then one of the HD guys couldn't help himself anymore and walked over and saying that my scooter is a toy and saying I bought it at Wal Mart, and pointed to his HD telling them thats a real bike,, not a toy! The man looking at my scooter spoke up telling him he would take a scooter over a HD cause he didn't want to push it home,,, that was great! That made my day,, personally I was ready to say some choice curse words but another guy spoke up and put him in his place.
  9. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    wow Tacoma sounds like you live around a lot of dicks. you should just move, dude

we love us some scooters in SoCal. come on down and rock it :super
  11. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ignore him, he's just a troll.
  12. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With a bad case of penis envy :lol3
  13. YOUNZ

YOUNZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Get that CM400a on the road, damn it! :D
  14. creighta

creighta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Overcompensation! That is my got answer for why I ride a scooter. Most of the big bike guys never figure it out:huh

+1 on the scoot getting more attention than the cruiser, though and BTW the helix feels like a cruiser when you are laid back rolling down the road. Google Honda Fusion mods. They are big in Japan.
  15. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tacoma,
    I love Harleys myself. I ain't a geek. I'll tell you that, I'm about as far from a geek as you could possibly get [ok yea I's a motorcycle/mechanical geek, but not a bookworm]. In fact, most people around here call me a redneck for my confederate flags [it ain't to be racist I've have family that fought as a confederate] and we come from Kentucky and most my kins in the southern ohio mountains, cruising around on a tractor, etc and I like working my ass off to make a living, and I played sports, I ain't a geek. And I actually ride, not just let my bike set there, rain or shine. Call me a geek on my scooter, call me what ever you want, see if I care. Whoever does has an infuroty complex.

it is true H-Ds are not inteded just for hardcore bikers. Theres lots of posers out there on Harleys now adays. Its NOT the 60s no more. Harleys aren't for just 1%ers and tough guys no more. In fact, Harley has been trying to get rid of that image for years. And they done a good job at it. While 1%ers still buy and ride them, many middle aged guys going middle aged crazy is been there biggest customer. Yea, a few 20 year olds buy them, but most of them just buy Sportsters and customized. But they's making big bucks from the average 50 year old that bought it to save gas originally:lol3, and either became a real rider for the freedom and love it, or do it for the image/pose. BUT, it is true theres still pleanty real bikers on H-Ds. Trust me, go to a hardcore biker bar and see for yourself. Hint don't say a word to the guys with the 1%er on there vest, or a reputable rocker. And BTW move if it such a problem. The T-Max proably get more respect than my dated Elite, and I rarly have nobody care. Other than the occasional infurorty complex guy swurving around me showing me how fast his $50K beemer is:lol3 noboby disrespect me. Yea not the same respect as a 75 Sportster Ironhead, but whatever.

For the rest of y'all, the Helix/Morph is somewhat cruiser. But still I'd like something. I'm staying with Harleys for now. But just thought it'd be cool.
  16. DarthJ

DarthJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Local HD dealer actually likes scooters.They had a Yamaha Majesty that the salesman actually recommended too someone.
  17. Tacoma

Tacoma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very good,,,I respect you! Maybe I flipped out and said some things I regret, but I know not all HD riders are bad guys,,, just the ones I know are,,, its very tough to control my anger with some of them when they think they are better or tough guys just because they ride a HD,,, they always attack in groups, never alone, they will cut down and insult me when their other buddies that also ride a HD or they feel the need to impress their girlfriends that ride on the back, I try to resist, I try to walk away and ignore them, but its tough I have that extreme urge to plant my fist into their face and kick their HD over, I always advoid them as much as possible, they get mad when i park my scooter next to their HD, I also have enough sence to never pull into any HD Dealer with my scooter cause I know I am never welcome there, even when I want to buy an accessory product they only sell,,, it shouldn't be like that, I know, but I advoid trouble cause don't want to be sitting in a jail cell cause i flattened someones face.
  18. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    :nod

don't feed the troll.
  19. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tacoma,

I don't understand your experience. I split my ride time pretty equally between my harley and my 12v passport. I take my passport to the HD dealer way more than I do the Harley. I ussually end up in the parking lot with someone telling me that's what they started out on blah blah blah... if ya have an old bike, you know what I mean. I have never been dissed, cept by drunk chicks that think my passport is a vespa.

So, Maybe it's my attitude that makes a difference. Owning a Harley I have no envy of their bikes. And I know that a passport is 10 times more fun to drive. I have been telling my best friend this for 4 years. not only did he buy 1 passport, but he bought 3... all the same year AND same color! He has barely rode his harley since!!! I will have to do some experiments and see if it's my attitude or not... I'd like to hear about your experiences as well.
  20. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    Out for a sunday ride...our MP3 and the FXST I used to have.

[​IMG]

At the HD dealership:

[​IMG]

:dunno

When I ride the Stella to the HD dealership (Free food and drinks :lol3 ) people there get downright excited about it...some of the older military vets talk about time spent overseas riding Vespa PX's, etc.

I think people sense good vibes from other people and respond accordingly. The bikes just become a conversation piece at that point.

:brow