Northern VA Tag-o-rama!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by zcooney, Apr 4, 2009.

1. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here are the rules that I ripped off of the VA tag-o-rama which ripped 'em off of Ohio... Hey, everything on the internet is free for the taking right?:deal

Rule #1. If you're new, watch how the game is played for awhile before jumpin' in cause I ain't explainin' everything to ya'

Rule #2 One tag at a time and county roads are acceptable (no dirt) but the tag must be findable. Include clues in your tag. Don't make the clues useless, not everyone is a Jeopardy contestant wanna be. No whining and no file photos.

Rule #3 All tags must be within the following counties: Loudoun, Prince William, Fauquier, Stafford, Arlington, Fairfax, City of Fredericksburg, City of Alexandria.

There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules.
    *** These rules are subject to change***
  2. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SteveOnTheWay got the first tag for us:

3. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think this tag requires a bit more of a clue.
  4. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Good job guys! Off to a great start! Wish I had the time to come up and get it. Maybe next time...:thumb
  5. Motocox

Motocox We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer:
    I didn't figure it would take long to get a NOVA game off the ground. Once I finish my honey-do list, I'm in the saddle. :clap
  6. Motocox

Oddometer:
    And where exactly is NOVA? What are the boundaries? Is Leesburg in? Fredericksburg? To answer my own question I say yes and yes.
    I would say the following counties: Fairfax (Arlington, Alexandria...), Loundoun, PW, Fauquier, Stafford and Fredericksburg.
  7. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    from our (richmond) experiences in "what's in bounds', you really might need to have the definition as to the particular zone you guys want to limit this to. the valley boyz, hampton clan, richmond mongrals, and state freaks all have defined bounderies to keep whining to a minimum....which we call rule # 3 (no whining)....:rofl

best to lay those bounderies on the T-o-Rama intro page before they get tested, you can always stretch them later.....

best of luck, I (and I'm sure lots of n'er-do-wells) look forward to yet another zone for targets....:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
    cool!!!!
  8. SteveOnTheWay

SteveOnTheWay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok, lets see. Think Loudoun Public Reservoir.
  9. Motocox

Oddometer:
    I'm not going to make it to the saddle. Stupid beer got in the way. :D
  10. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me, should it just be the city of Fred. or all of Spotsylvania county?
  11. Motocox

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking just the city of f-burg. Lots of good tags in the town. I never really considered spotsy to be part of NOVA.

12. FOXedupONE

FOXedupONE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is DC and within beltway area of MD in too?:dunno How about Warrenton area? Is there enough good riding in NOVA to make a game out of it? I would think that whenever someone up there get's on a bike they'd want to get away from NOVA. But who knows the Richmond folks seem to have fun in the city playing and commuting.
  13. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Added county restrictions... maybe add DC too? What cha think?
  14. SteveOnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Here is the thing about DC, the traffic is terrible. Can't imagine trying to stop along the road and snap a photo w/o getting run over:becca
  15. bbooker

bbooker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found Steve's tag. It's Beaverdam Reservoir, which although it's in Loudon County, serves as the Reservoir for Fairfax City. Riding out to this spot was both my and my Versys' first experience riding on gravel. We both made it unscathed.:clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]<object class="swf-copy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://images.fotki.com/flash/clipboardCopy.swf"></object>
  16. bbooker

bbooker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's my tag and clues.

Clue 1: It's in Loudon County

Clue 2: If Ebeneezer Scrooge was a Babtist and he rode a motorcycle, this is where he would go to Church.

[​IMG]<object class="swf-copy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://images.fotki.com/flash/clipboardCopy.swf"></object>

Good luck!
  17. Motocox

Oddometer:
    Great grab and drop. And for the record, my name is Eben. Not ebenezer, just Eben.
  18. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Yea, the 1st tag was grabbed! :clap:clap Now you all get to decide who will make the official NOVA tag Google map..Better start soon, 'cause it takes awhile to if you wait 20-30 tags into it and then try to make one...Just sayin' been there, done that. :lol3
  19. zcooney

zcooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That must have been a nice ride today.
  20. SteveOnTheWay

Oddometer:
    Well, done!