The "LONG TERM" WaspWorks Super Tenere, in detail and the evolution - Part 2

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Wasp, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hack'dTiger

Hack'dTiger Ride more. Worry Less.

Oddometer:
    Yes, but thanks for the post! Those (the alloys) are my backup plan... :1drink
  2. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

BTW, now Jaxon is offering those in some tough ABS plastic, which is much better IMHO.

Just FYI... :D

Dallara

~
  3. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    I just realized its been a LONG time since I checked in here, and an even longer time since I posted..:cry

I have been super busy with life and family and have riden the bike very seldom in the last six months.
    Having said that, I finally caved in and bought a PCV for the old girl and am about to head down to the dyno on monday to write some maps.

The ironic thing about all this Power Commander / dyno stuff is that I actually have full access at anytime to a dyno, and more importantly, to the best DynoJet dyno tuner in the State. My business partner in Intake-Express is the man with all the tuning smarts.

We have been flat-out with Intake Express kits for the last few years and I havent wanted to take up a full day on the machine.

It works out that I will be down there at our dyno shop (250kms from my home) on Monday working on a new Power Up Kit, so what better time than to get him to tune while I develop the new product.

I have even gone to the trouble of welding individual test ports in the headers and we'll see how the results compare before and after.

I'll keep you all posted.

Greg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Apparently Jaxon can get hold of the 'World-Crosser' units in carbon now... Might pay to look him up.

Greg.
  5. JSPEED

JSPEED Blue Rider

Oddometer:
    Nice machine.

The silver side covers would look real good wrapped in 3M DiNoc Carbon Fiber vinyl.
  6. Hack'dTiger

Hack'dTiger Ride more. Worry Less.

Oddometer:
    Does that mean that yours are out of the question...? :ear:cry
  7. thebrown

thebrown likes beer

Oddometer:
    better start riding that bike more then
  8. Robbo60

Robbo60 Looking 4 Adventure

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]Hi Greg,
    The stickers arrived in perfect order on Monday afternoon, put into place Monday night.
    Thank You
    Rob

PS: I have no idea how to add pics, I thought I put in the URL of Photobucket......
  9. PowersUSA

PowersUSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On righthand side of the photobucket site there is a section titled "Image Links", in that section click "Direct Link", that will copy the direct link to the image in to your clipboard. On this site click the "Insert Image" icon and in the popup for the image URL simply paste (CTRL+V) in the image link that was copied into your clipboard.

[​IMG]

10. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Hey, that looks the same like my bike...:D

Good work man..

Greg.
  11. hoebster

hoebster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greg, good to hear from you. People have been asking about you on Tenere forum. Hope all is well!
  12. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    All is well mate. Very busy with my day to day at the moment though.

Been riding little and working lots :cry

Greg.
  13. Robbo60

Robbo60 Looking 4 Adventure

Oddometer:
    I think I got it now. This is actually a 2010 pannier equipped/headlight protector/ sump guard model but I felt like a change so took the sump guard off. Only fire trails for me for a while.....

14. Wasp

Wasp Supa10 pilot

Oddometer:
    Hi all.
    It was highlighted to me in a skype conversation with Woodie tonight that I havent posted here for so long and folks are starting to think I was dead and buried...
    Not the case folks - Still kicking on strong but have been flatout with work and a couple of special projects.

I must sadly inform that the WASPmobile is for sale. Yep, thats right.. Hanging up the boots for a while and focusing on a new product/project with Woodie.
    Read all about it in my vendor thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21421012&postcount=2163

I'll still be around but prolly just lurking for a while till I have something interesting to report, or reply too..

Greg.
  15. Buckeye56

Buckeye56 Batoutahelius

Oddometer:
    Hey Greg,

Your thread on the Tenere helped keep me sane while waiting for my bike to arrive in the US. It was a great help to hear your thoughts on the bike that I bought without even sitting on. Best wishes on the new project, I hope it is hugely successful.
  16. combo

combo D S N

Oddometer:
    I hope it goes well with the new project and thanks for all the special work on the Big XT.

You going to keep selling the decals for the Tenere?
  17. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:

+1. Good luck!! :beer
  18. William42

William42 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all you have done for the Super Tenere community Greg.

Hope your new project works out for you. It looks cool.
  19. x-box

x-box Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What he said!! :beer

Nice bike Robbo60 - I think I just decided on the silver decals as well.....
  20. 900

900 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

What did you use to clean up pipes?