South Flatistan

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Eickey, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Eickey

Eickey Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. Fener6

Fener6 The Container Man

Oddometer:
    Knock knock...have people stopped riding down here???

Anyways, I registered a new to me bike today with an out of state title. Tag office chose not to do a Vin check...probably due to laziness. But does it even matter?
  3. beaterktm

beaterktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ill ride with you. I ride solo 99 percent of the time.
  4. Fener6

Fener6 The Container Man

Oddometer:
    Looks like riva motorsports is having a demo day at Miami MX on December 20th and 21st

[​IMG]
  5. dancecommander

dancecommander Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ridden some of those sandy canal/farm roads in the Big Cypress reservation? I am looking at stuff on google maps for places to ride. Will you get chased off? Anyone have experience there?
  6. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I've wanted to - I've been right beside the park (at the chain) with the DR650, but the entrances were always closed. I'd say that from the angle I was looking at it ... the most extreme DOT knobbies would be helpful ... or friends to help pull each others bikes out of the muck.

I got chased off from even the outside area since there was a government shut-down going on (what, about a year ago or so?).

So I rode other places. This was somewhat near there, but the police at the end -were- there along the side of the reservation. After that encounter it seemed that all active police units were trying to keep an eye on me in the big area they cover, so I made that a little more difficult for them:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rP5_x68Bi-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. Sunfire

Sunfire I'm no n00b... :)

Oddometer:
    I live near Fort Lauderdale, and my TE505 idles away in my backyard as I don't know where to ride off-road. Been here since February... :(:

8. astrolump

astrolump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no true off road down here...im in laudy too....you can go over to holylands off 27 and ride some levies, across 75 to naples and ride the "squares" and janes scenic road, down to florida city and ride the south squares right off card sound road or up to clewstion and ride the big mx park there..the name escapes me at the moment.

lately ive bought a trailer and keep going back to ocala nat forest...lots of decent riding up there. its sandy on the trails but lots of hard pack forest roads, some kinda curvy pavement and lots of other activities i like in the area...houseboats,fishing, sailplane flying,shooting..the list goes on.
  9. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    most excellent synopsis!! You going to Polar Bear Rallye in January?
  10. Retrodirt

Retrodirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I m new to the forum and have been lurking and running around on a KLR250 from base in west Broward.
    If anybody is doing a ride to the Jane's Scenic road etc, I'd love to join, never been there. I have a one bike hitch carrier, since not shure of KLRing there.
  11. Eickey

Eickey Underwater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone trailering up to the Polar bear rally... Group ride... anything? :ear
  12. FLARider1

FLARider1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm keeping an eye on the weather. If I can go I'll ride up with Kyle and pray there's room for my little tent somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  14. LstMnStndng

LstMnStndng Shot at and missed . . .

Oddometer:
    Hey Gents. I'm new to the area ... living in Naples. I'm planning on doing the Jane's scenic route the 29th if anyone is interested. I have a couple of buddies with adventure bikes I'm trying to drag along.

Never been out there before so some local knowledge would be welcome!
  15. Josh Leyburn

Josh Leyburn Shepherd of Cats

Oddometer:

I went through there this summer but was solo so I had to avoid the deep stuff, If I can get off work Id love to join in.
  16. Josh Leyburn

Josh Leyburn Shepherd of Cats

Oddometer:
    Hey neigbor, I reside in east broward. Send me a PM if you want to meet up and ride sometime.
  17. astrolump

Oddometer:
    if you ride senic to its end and enter the squares...make sure to pay the iron ranger. it is to the left (west) if you are at the end of janes and 100th ave se as you are facing north iirc. the rangers have been stopping people more and more. they can give you a citation for not donating your $2 to the cause. bring singles..just like when you go to scarlet's.

also remember it may still be hunting season and there may be hunters in the squares which in my mind comprise Fakahatchee Strand and Picayune Strand ..they dont like loud bikes disturbing their hunts and the fish cops get extra agro during the hunt....there may be hunting dogs as well? can you dog hunt zone 1?

also look out for pterodactyls...
  18. tievoli

tievoli Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums for a few weeks since I got my first adv bike. I am interested in meeting up for the Jane's ride if possible, I am in very south PBC.
  19. astrolump

Oddometer:
    my previous reply about janes was meant to be in response to this post..... oops :1drink
  20. astrolump

Oddometer:
    some ok places to ride up by you...jw corbett, dupius preserve..corbett may be off limits during hunting season..they are never welcoming to bikes in my experience but you are allowed on all numbered roads...go on the trails and face a fine...lots of rides start at "club shell" should be able to meet some riders there.
    there is a cool little wma here
    26°57'50.9"N 80°17'15.7"W

i forget the name but a few miles of shell rock roads running along canals. i saw the hottest little redneck girl ever back there...she was fishing out of a canoe in dasiy dukes and cowboy boots. :rofl