I always wanted a triple

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Caffeind, May 2, 2006.

1. Caffeind

Caffeind Team Piggly Wiggly

Oddometer:
    Not like this, though. :huh

[​IMG]

The top of #3 piston is thick with carbon. 1 and 4 look okay. I can't get a look at #2 due to a wiring harness blocking my view. These plugs have at least 13K miles on them. I'll be going out for new plugs and a can of Sea Foam tonight. Wish me luck. :1drink
  2. wizz-o

wizz-o Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That sucks. I guess bikes work better when all the cylinders are firing.
  3. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weird, perhaps all the crankcase vapors are routed to that one cylinder? Any oil in the airbox? It sure looks like its burning a bit of oil in that cylinder.

good luck
  4. Caffeind

Oddometer:
    There was a spot of oil on the filter. Could be the 50 or so miles I put on it running on 3 cylinders. :augie

Didn't pull too well on 3. :dunno

I'm waiting for payday to get the parts I need, then I'll throw it all back together. I hope it's nothing too serious, 'cause we're a little strapped right now, and I'd hate to show up at Hot Springs in the Hyundai. :razor
  5. Caffeind

Oddometer:
    I swapped the plugs and ran about a gallon of fuel with deposit cleaner through it. It's running better, but it's still not back to normal. It idles fine and cruises under constant throttle fine, but if I open the throttle more than 1/4 it misses severely. It pulls much better than it did before the new plugs and doesn't struggle to maintain highway speeds, but it's still not 100%.

I think given the limited time I have between now and the Eastern Rendezvous I'm gonna turn it over to the shop and have them look at it.

:bluduh
  6. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    Compression check?
  7. Caffeind

Oddometer:
    Been thinking about it. Don't have the tool, though. I might try to swing by AutoZone and see if they have one in their tool lending program.