XR650R Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by JustinT, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before you replace the clutch pack try adding one steel clutch plate to the bottom of the clutch stack. That will likely take care of the slipage problem. http://www.xr650r.us/clutch/ , see Question #2. I've done that mod to two XRRs and never have replaced a clutch.

Brian
  2. supernick

supernick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I added one metal disc but these four springs are too weak. I ordered Barnett and want to test how it works. I already had a XR650L with established Barnett. It is certainly worse than stock but I hope that will hold.

Anyone tried DP clutch?
  3. BuRPsa

BuRPsa Finally growing up..

Oddometer:
  4. BuRPsa

Oddometer:
    Got a Q for you okes.
    My sidepanels have some light scuffing marks from a Giant Loop bag on, which I tried to polish out with 'Brasso', a brass-polishing liquid which I have used on perspex before with good effect.
    Not now on this soft plastic! All I got is a non-shining surface all over, not matt but dulled, and the marks are still quite visible.
    How do I do better, ie remove the marks and get my shiny panels back?
  5. Jayrod1318

Jayrod1318 Poster

Oddometer:
  6. hontri

hontri Global Bummer!

Oddometer:
    I use break cleaning fluid on my WHITE side panels.Rub really well and it takes almost everything off.Give it a shot of plastic polish and good to go.( they won't be stock shiny though)
  7. supernick

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pull the blade. Flat clean plastic (to keep the blade perpendicular to the surface). With the aid of a *dryer to heat the plastic to shine. Be careful.

All protests by referring Google translate :1drink
  8. BuRPsa

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the - quite varying, you daredevil Nick :eek1 - advice. Seen some el cheapo plastic polish tubes somewhere, never tried them yet - I should though.
  9. rpmwfo

rpmwfo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would be interested. Depends on price and weight.
  10. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    You're trying to shine the side panels on what is essentially a dirt bike? I thought my OCD was bad.

I'd better not post pics of my side panels.
  11. clutchLEVERS

clutchLEVERS chasing summers and winters

Oddometer:
    I have a 2002. As I was attempting the utbdr, everything was going great. Day 4 a knocking sound started at idle and while I was riding. I continued to ride. The bike ended up bogging out and wouldn't go over 40mph. After towing it back home. Tore the bike apart. Thought it was the cam. Replaced the cam. Had work done on all 4 valves after getting a compression test. So the top end is in great shape now. Started it up and the knocking is still the same. What in the bottom end could it be? My buddy suggested the crank. I'm not the best with bikes. Any advice would help.
  12. bamfslap

bamfslap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong with wanting it to look nice. Especially if he drives it in town. My friend rides an XR600 to work and parked in in the front on the side walk. The thing is definitely not a looker. Always dirty, and scratched up plastics, he refuses to make it look nice. His manager told him he couldn't park it in front anymore. I wasn't surprised.

Check the clutch/adjusters?

My clutch knocks but it's been doing that for years. Maybe yours is slipping...
  13. crypto666

crypto666 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Connecting rod.
  14. crypto666

crypto666 Long timer

Oddometer:

What, you got a date or something? Put your hello kitty sticker over it, and call it good. Hey, did you ever get that pink fur to stick your rims? I really think it needs more sparkles.

Put the god damn bag back on that piece shit and ride it. My panels were new in 2002, and look they look fucking spectacular.

Btw, I don't think this bike has ever got anyone a piece of ass.
  15. RalphyDo

RalphyDo Banned

Oddometer:

Of course it has not gotten any "A" piece of ass......... "a" piece would mean only 1 when the XRR is obviously capable of getting its' owner many, many pieces!:lol3
  16. BuRPsa

Oddometer:
    Doubt that also actually, think you need a Harley for that. But I'm sure it'll get mine a few times, they all do sooner or later :D And, after a few off's one doesn't notice the damage anymore, but until then I'll keep it neat, nothing wrong with.
  17. medisyn

medisyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike is starting fairly easy now and as I rode it into work the wheel got off the ground as I darted into the commute lane. :D

I am still seeing a few issues. Sometimes I still get a loud backfire when kicking it over. Scares the crap out of the dog. :rofl

I am still getting some popping on de-accel, but other than that it seems like its running great.

Man so much fun to ride to work. I get a lot of WTF looks from people.
  18. supernick

Oddometer:
    My friend won fifth place in the Russian Supermoto Championship 2012 :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
    That bike looks so out of place racing supermoto...which is what I did with mine this weekend:D

[​IMG]
  20. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Nice pair of Hondas ;-)