What Did You Do To Your KTM Today?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by DeeGee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Denalidirt

Denalidirt High Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    There ain't nothing teeny or tiny about a 525, and.....

power to weight ratio, the 525, half the weight and more than half the power, is not tiny buddy and can be more of a handful than my 950.

maybe we should have a ktm forum where we can talk about all our ktm's instead of going back and fourth

maybe you should sell your ktm, if you have one and by a bmw
  2. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    ...and then I did a little more welding on the sub frame and dry-fit it to the fender and the tail piece. All lines up and fits. Even the outer piece of new 6061 fits through the already existing slot in the under plastic.
  3. Denalidirt

Denalidirt High Plains Drifter Supporter

Oddometer:
    is this a concern for the SE, a weak subframe? I see more talk about this upgrade or repair, have a lot of SE subs broken?

can I post this question here? because it has nothing to do with what I did to my KTM today. HAHA
  4. TheVikingRider

TheVikingRider mudonmymind

Oddometer:
    Installed these babies!

[​IMG]

Now if the snow would melt:becca
  5. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    Yes, the SE's tube does not make it around the end (the bolt plate connects the two halves and it has been know to fail with even light loads). In this pic, you can see how the rectangular tube ends (which I'm sandwiching with the 1/8" flat bar):

[​IMG]

I'm no engineer, but I'm guessing reinforcing just that area is enough to get the job done. Of course, since I could easily be wrong, I went a lot further.
  6. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Finally did the water pump job on my '07 990S after the bike sat 2 months while 4 ribs healed. Used the CJ Designs super shaft kit and followed Pyndon's tutorial on the HOW. Easy job, other than the usual dozens of parts to take apart/off the pike to allow proper access. 28K miles before the seal failed. Here's a few of the old parts and the impeller holding tool I made to allow my torque wrench with 8mm socket to fit through it.

[​IMG]

I also did have 'sand' collected on the bottom of the pump housing. If I can get another 28K miles out of this shaft & seal I'll be happy... well actually if I never had to do it again I'd be even happier. :lol3
  7. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:

WOW :huh

When I first got my SE those center stands where $112, which I thought was kinda high.

Nice adaptation. :deal
  8. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    Replaced the front tube that was filling in for my slightly punctured rear tube with a super heavy duty and while the wheel was off put in some new pads of shiny goodness!

[​IMG]

Also noticed, as the wheel was out, that the two alan screws that hold the rear mudguard in place (at the front) had fallen out so put in new ones.

Anyone else had this problem?

[​IMG]
  9. deminimis

deminimis I Eat Glue

Oddometer:
    My bike had been torn down to have the frame powdercoated by the PO and reassembled by a Ducati shop. I discovered a whole lot of screws just slightly tighter than "finger tight." From what I can tell, it appears most frame/body bolts call for blue Locktite. Mine are getting a good slathering of Locktite as I go through them. I wasn't missing the bolts you lost, but I was missing a few others. Blue Locktite is the answer (well, that and "42").
  10. M.Mars

M.Mars Just some dude

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

holly hell! thats how thick the new break pads are ?? i need to change my pads asap !!! :norton
  11. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer:
    I rode my Big Orange to work today. Low Fuel light came on at 231miles. Got to love having an Aux tank. :D It was freaking cold 30*. That is cold for us desert people. Wearing my outer riding gear and battery gloves made for a comfy ride.:wink:
  12. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    Must bear this in mind in future!

Thanks!
  13. chasbo

chasbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Knowing the answer is only half the battle...The real question is do you know the question? :evil

Man I miss Douglas Adams.
  14. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:
    Why would I ride a motorcycle? Them things are dangerous!!!
  15. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Flew it for the first time :deal

[​IMG]
  16. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: