Dakar Dazed II - Part 2: The road to Dakar 2015

Discussion in 'Racing' started by JMo (& piglet), Jun 4, 2014.

1. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great news Jenny !
    It seems that finally everything is sorted, and green light to Dakar. Looking forward to following the team in the event :deal
  2. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    Such good news for the entire project and crew! Congratulations to all of you!
  3. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Thank you everyone!

Standby for some sponsor news very soon, and how you can get your hands on some cool team-wear too!

[​IMG]

Jx
  4. Hagenblad

Hagenblad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've asked for the text in digital form, so you can run it through google translate. Otherwise I'll read it as a good-night story in Buenos aires...
  5. ZORBA

ZORBA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They look awesome... Cant wait... :clap
  6. mark5280

mark5280 Lost on purpose

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. Let us know when you have swag available. Always interested in some Dakar swag especially if it helps support your efforts :D

Mark
    advwaitingfordakar
  7. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The initial scrutineering and shipping from Le Havre is traditionally the first time we get to see the bikes and teams in their final liveries prior to the actual start of the Dakar each year.

With just a week to go now before our debut in front of the world’s media, I’m delighted to announce that ADV ADDICTS™ will be a key sponsor and our official apparel supplier for our Dakar 2015 campaign - and indeed we are both committed to extending this partnership throughout 2015 and Dakar 2016 as we expand on the LC4-50 team project over the coming season.

ADV ADDICTS™ are a brand new Bay-Area based apparel company, producing premium quality casual wear for Adventure motorcycle and Dual-sport riding enthusiasts, designed and manufactured in the USA.

Founder and creative director Dave Lin has been following the LC4-50 project for a while, and approached us with a proposal that included providing some exclusive apparel for the LC4-50 crew to wear, together with a limited edition production run of supporters’ shirts to help raise funds for the team.

“It’s an amazing opportunity and a great honour to be able to support Rally Raid Products in their 2015 Dakar Rally effort. John and the team have worked extremely hard to develop the LC4-50 Project from concept to reality, and with this successful entry, they are ready to show what the team and the bike can do” said Dave.

“It’s really a great partnership because both the LC4-50 and ADV Addicts Moto Wear can be considered new startups, and both projects have been realised by a common dedication and passion for riding motorcycles, whether it’s traveling around the world or racing Dakar. We’re excited to be able to outfit the RRP / Torque Racing Team for Dakar, and look forward to the Start Podium in January!”

Although the LC4-50 campaign this year is already very much a team effort, we are still in effect a very small operation, with the two guys who actually designed/developed and built this bike supporting a single [albeit immensely talented] rider this year.

We consider our participation in the Dakar 2015 as not only the culmination of over two and a half years engineering development, but fundamentally as a milestone and subsequent springboard to be able to offer privateer riders a competitive, affordable and foremost reliable package (including full and/or partial service assistance should they desire) - to give them the best chance of obtaining a finishers medal in what is undoubtedly the toughest off-road race in the world.

Being able to offer our supporters some quality team apparel is just one way we hope to recoup just some of the immense cost of participation, and in return we feel privileged to be able to take you along for the ride… so standby for "Dakar Dazed II - part 3" - to coincide with scrutineering and the build up to Buenos Aires and beyond - coming very soon to a forum near you!

Certainly while Carl, John and Martin will be flogging their guts out in South America come January, I’ll be back home in the UK doing my utmost best to provide you with as much possible information as I can glean from the team during the course of the event. Wearing my ADV ADDICTS™ official team T shirt of course ;o)

To grab your own slice of team history, please visit the dedicated page on the ADV ADDICTS™ webshop: ADV ADDICTS™ - Dakar Team shirt - and of course please do take a moment to check out their other designs too - all their shirts include free stickers and free shipping in mainland USA.

Note. for UK & European customers, the LC4-50 team shirts will also be available to order through the Rally Raid Products web-shop, saving you any international shipping and customs charges. We’ll let you know as soon as that facility is live too - although if you simply can’t wait, you are always welcome to order directly from ADV ADDICTS™ in the meantime…

Jx
  8. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Done.
  9. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1
  10. ADV Addicts

ADV Addicts No Dirt, No Glory

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jenny for the intro! I'll post up some more details on my vendor thread soon, but just wanted to share that the Team's gear has crossed the Atlantic and will be joining the team in Le Harve very soon!

We're very excited and proud to play a small role in Rally Raid and Torque Racing's Dakar efforts this year. We got the easy part I think, to help them look good, while the team has to build and race a bike in Dakar! ;)

But seriously, everything moved very quickly from concept to design to production, and your support was essential in making everything happen.

Cannot wait until January!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    No sizes larger than xl?
  12. hardenduro

hardenduro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would like one but need a minimum of 2 XL.
  13. ADV Addicts

Oddometer:
    Thanks for checking - because of the tight deadline to make Le Havre, we did a quick run to get enough shirts made for the team, so unfortunately did not get the 2XLs in this time.

But I will be doing another run for the larger sizes, and ETA hopefully should be a few weeks.

If anyone is interested in 3XL feel free to PM me and I can add that to the next run as well.

Thanks!
  14. watrboy

watrboy Been here awhile Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

We Americans like to go big. 2XL for me also
  15. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    I work with some people who take a 6xl
  16. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Goodness!

If they want to order, we'll print 'em ;o)

Jx
  17. ADV Addicts

Oddometer:
    Requests received all - I just sent an order to our Production Facility for 2XL - 4XL. Hoping to get these in a few weeks, and will update when ready. Thanks again for the support and feedback!

Go big or go home! :wink:
  18. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice shirts!

In for a few.
  19. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    A few photos from John (KTMmitch) this morning, prior to shipping to Le Havre tonight:

British bikes - #104 Chris Cork & #159 Carl Hagenblad on the LC4-50
    [​IMG]

Interestingly, this photo illustrates that there is not a huge amount of difference in size (and weight) of a fully prepped Dakar bike - once you add fuel, nav gear and a faring, the KTM EXC based Husqvarna is really no smaller than the LC4-50 after all?

Looking sharp in the 'Patriot' graphics (let's hope Argentina don't get all Top Gear on us!)
    [​IMG]

Visiting sponsors and local supporters of the project:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin and Donna from Torque Racing will be providing all the logistics, support and service assistance for Carl and the LC4-50... together with 3 other riders - #104 Chris Cork (UK), #148 Mikael Berglund (SWE) and #163 Ralf Molander (FIN) - a truly international team!

[​IMG]

Jx
  20. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    This is the moment John has been waiting for:

[​IMG]

The LC4-50 has passed scrutineering at Le Havre and is ready to be shipped to South America!

With this major milestone out of the way, the team now have some valuable down-time before heading over to Buenos Aires just after Christmas... goodness knows it's been a hectic few weeks with the final bike build and administration to complete!

So stand by for "Dakar Dazed II - part 3" (coming soon) for all the inside information from Dakar 2015!

Jenny xx