Hampton Roads Chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by roger123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well guys it seems as though this tag stuff has sparked quit a bit of interest, THANKS UPST8. I've had a blast doing research for the current tags as well as looking at stuff to do for the next one.

I'd like to banter back and forth on that thread but it makes it harder to follow. The Richmond gang has a "Chatter" thread and now we do as well!!

I didn't search to see if we already had one??!! I'm on my third or so cold one so don't hold it against me:freaky :freaky :1drink

I'll be back to work on the 30th so all my fun will come to an end, 12-14 hour days on the ship (CVN 65) doesn't allow much for much fun stuff. I just rolled back to sea duty from a GREAT shore job at Norfolk Naval Shipyard (I was able to put 19K on the Wee in 12 months) and I'm still in shock:eek1 :eek1

So let's see where this goes.............
  2. roger123

Oddometer:
    Welcome, what do you ride?
  3. chappy123

chappy123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi roger,

I'm riding a Ducati Sport Classic. That being said, my 'tagging' will be limited to paved roads only. :lol3

Dana
  4. roger123

Oddometer:
    Ok, so now we know where to post the next tag. Don't see many "street" bikes in these tag shots do ya??:norton :D :evil :rofl :huh :clap :eek1 :lol3 :wink:
  5. Tidewater KLR

Tidewater KLR High Speed Hiker

Oddometer:
    Welcome Dana, Hang out here long enough and we'll help you get some proper rubber on that thing, a bashplate and some handguard and a set of panniers. Ready for action!

There are no goat trails here, so even the dirt is doable on just about any bike.

TKLR
  6. chappy123

chappy123 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have a tank bag. That's a start right? :evil
  7. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Great Idea for a thread Roger! Glad everyone is having fun with the Tag game. I can see it going on for along time and getting more and more "interesting" :thumb Welcome Dana and anyone else just tuning in. This is a great community filled with some outstanding men and a couple chicks :lol3 . Hope to see a good turn out for the New Year's Day Ride started by TWKLR.

:ear Now who is going for that tag tomorrow??? :ear I'll be out around those parts for a short ride / lunch with my wife. Asked her what she wanted to do with her day off. She said "Let's go for a ride" :nod I married the right girl for sure!! :ricky
  8. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chris, you stay away from that tag.................Oh yea I'm Tom and I have have the perfect bike, a Concours, OK she's great at everything except goat trails.................,
  9. roger123

Oddometer:
    You mean like these?

[​IMG]

Yes, that's a C14!!
  10. UpST8

Oddometer:
    :D
    :D Nice!! Where is this pic from? Looks like fun :ricky
  11. roger123

Oddometer:
    Turnpike Road near Natural Bridge, VA. N37 49.319 W79 37.837

Mapsource shows it as paved, we were on a Concours Owners Group (COG) Ride, road turned to dirt then got into the mountains, nice on a Strom but we had a few C14's, c10's, FJR's, etc. They were troopers and all did the ride. Never know what to expect on a COG ride:eek1 :eek1

This was our annual Brrrrrrrr Ride:
    http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=67193&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272008%2D11%2D25%27%7D

One of these days I need to learn that Tiny URL stuff:lol3 :deal :deal
  12. UpST8

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Roger.

:deal For tiny, smooth looky linky thingy......

Make a word like this.....LINK.

Copy your URL, Highlight the word you want for a hyperlink, then insert hyperlink. Your word will unerline and become the hyperlink.

Does that make sense???
  13. dawgwhat

dawgwhat No Earthy Idea

Oddometer:
    or you can use this

http://tinyurl.com/

make it easy :freaky
  14. roger123

Oddometer:
    OK, it looks like I have this link thing figured out, thanks.

Now what's the best way to post up ride routes? I posted my Franklin ride here; Franklin Ride file number 105494, but you need a way to read GPX files. I know all serious motorcyclists can do this but some may still be in the stone age!!!
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I might add that one of those who braved that road was a lady...

No Tommy, NOT talking about you. :lol3
  16. roger123

Oddometer:
    Hell, Tom rode it 4 or 5 times, he kept thinking it must be the wrong road and turned around, then went back, turned around, went back, turned around, went back........... You get the picture.:rofl
  17. roger123

Oddometer:
    Rant On:

What is it with the "hunters" in VA? I grew up in the UP and hunted everything and anything. If it moved we tried to kill it with whatever was available (guns, blackpowder, shotguns, rifles, pistols, spears, etc.) . We sat in duck blinds, deer stands, etc, etc, etc. Usually for several hours in freezing cold, snow or rain.

Here in VA "hunting" seems to consist of parking your big stoopid truck on side of the road and sitting in it while your dogs walk up and down the middle of the road. The dogs walk right out in front of you and seem to give you a dirty look that you're in their way.

Are they looking for road kill deer? Why the middle of the road? Shouldn't they be off in the woods? What is the purpose of the "hunters" sitting in the trucks? Are they waiting for a deer to come up and ask for a beer?

I have no idea what they're doing and why they have dogs.

Rant Off
  18. UpST8

Oddometer:
    Anyone going for the new tag by FF Burger?? LKike to ask before I waste my time riding over there :D

Hunters and their dogs, yeah I have some words about that......but I may be getting "jocked up" right now :ricky :vardy :ricky
  19. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    And Sue went right on thru on her C10........... with a little help after getting hung up on some, uh, obstacle.

Had to laugh after hearing his "story" that night around the fire.

Tight Group (that COG). May we never part company... no matter where we originally came from.
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    No flame from this end. Back when/where I used to hunt (PA) - WE - did the running and dogs were pets. No dogs, no tree stands, no hunt lands that were 'cessed out months in advance. Simply get your a$$ in the woods with your 30-30 and find your prey. Much more exciting and certainly less technical. Today, hunting is more like an arcade game.

My rant off.................