Klim survey?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bappo, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Received a phone call today stating they were from Klim and would like to do a survey/study at my house. Wanted to see my garage. Said I would gladly ride over to Klim tomorrow and do it there but that wasn't an option, at the house only. I will contact Klim tomorrow directly and see if this is on the up and up and call the dude back if so.

Kinda creepy.
  2. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a scam to meh:huh
  3. TimothyCaseTimothy

TimothyCaseTimothy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just did a phone survey with someone doing an internship for Klim and it seemed very legit to me and at no time did any of the questions raise a red flag for me. I am not sure I would let someone come out to my home though. Well unless they were bringing tasty beverages of course.
  5. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    The dude said it HAD to take place in my garage. Something about seeing use and determining future product design and development.

If not legit I am very curious as to how he got my name/number and that I purchased Klim stuff. Will know more when Klim opens. I may just ride over there instead of calling.
  6. Fibzzz

Fibzzz Resident Cynic

Oddometer:
    That's so weird, because somebody from Klim called me yesterday asking if I'd be interested in a used ZR-7S and a set of shop tools for cheap. He said he only takes cash. Should I be suspicious?
  7. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    All good, It's legit. Part of a local college class project. Talked to the good folks at Klim about it. The receptionist was unaware (is now though) but the head of marketing knew all about it. Called the guy back and scheduled for later today. Researching local folks on moto and sled usage, gear, etc. 40% discount on a purchase is nothing to sneeze at.

I have the Latitude jacket and pants and love them.

Just sounded "too good to be true"

Oh, Fibzzz, I had a ZR-7S once upon a time, and you DID need a toolkit to keep the exhaust from falling off among other parts from all the vibration:rofl
  8. FlowBee

FlowBee Just me.

Oddometer:
    Klim probably want to test the theory that all Klim owners are gear whores who will move onto the next latest and greatest gear next year without putting their old gear in Flea Market. :lol3

I should know. My garage looks like a guest bedroom at a Christmas party. The Klim jacket is on top of the pile of coats. :evil
  9. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:

Klim is a great company - Mark Kincart is a good man, as is Jesse Ziegler. They take care of business. :thumb

10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Yep.
  11. DirtRider....

Oddometer:
    their offroad jerseys dont seem to hold up to abrasion very well.. lol the arm on my Mojave shirt is tore up after a lil slide from my last ride... lol oh well...
  12. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Of all the companies in the world why would someone pick a tiny motorcycle clothing company as a base for a scam?
  13. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Worked out well. College kid, well not a kid but I'm old so, Who will graduate in Dec. heading towards sports marketing. He had never seen a big ADV bike (S10) and was shocked that I put on 16,000 miles this year. Liked the 1967 CL360 next to it as well.

He will go back to Klim with my recommendation to add high-viz as a color option. He did say that there is a prototype floating around with some hi-viz which intrigued me somewhat.

Now how do I spend the 40% coupon? Argh!
  14. DirtRider....

Oddometer:
    Group buy!!!!! :freaky
  15. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    I can help you with that, PM'd you my address.
  16. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have found that at the end of a season, brick and mortar dealers may run significant promotions on (all)in stock apparel; this year I have seen discounts from 20% to 40%. Due to a dealer agreements with manufacturers, they are typically not allowed to advertise this discount or even really offer it due to past price wars diluting brand image. If you can figure out which dealers these are, you can call them and have them ship to you.
  17. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just completed a phone survey. The kid was nice and I think he got a kick out of some of my answers. : dunno

John

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  18. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just spent $180 on Klim pants. Received, opened the box, took off pants, put on Klim pants. Orgasm. :eek1

I'm sort of embarrassed by the whole thing.