Motoport group buy !!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ko, Oct 3, 2009.

1. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    why don't you try to organize it from here? I'd be in for a pair of pants. Contact Wayne, and, start over.
  2. mchasal

mchasal Mostly Upright

Oddometer:
    Is it possible that their agreement with Wayne was that the buy was just for their site? Wayne may not want to give every biker out there a discount, so it was limited to their membership and they're just trying not to screw it up for everyone.

Just a thought before we get the torches and pitchforks. ;)
  3. Wayne at Motoport

Wayne at Motoport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We need 20 of each item for the discount to work. So if I get 20 of each item by Oct. 31, the 15% discount applies. You don't have to be an FJR member to get the discount. Just explain to me or anyone here at Motoport that your order is the group discount started on the FJR web site. If the FJR site doesn't meet the 20 minimum, but others call in to place the order with the group discount, everyone will get the 15% off. The main requirement is the quantity of 20 on each item, placed by Oct. 31.

The order can even be placed on our web site. Again, just mention the FJR group discount. www.motoport.com The FJR guys told me that in the past they had problems with non members in the group purchases.

Our web site is working but with a few problems. The credit card numbers are not showing in full when orders are placed on line. Calling 800-777-6499 is the best way to place an order now. If your in another country the order can be placed on line and we will advise by email the other info we need.

This is a great time to purchase. We have had two price increases on our Kevlar blended materials since Jan.. Prices have to be raised after Oct. 31.

4. neoice

neoice n00b

Oddometer:
    any of you guys still ordering?
  5. msszq

msszq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just placed an order with Wayne for the stretch kevlar marathon jacket and ultra II pants to be put on the list for the group buy. This was required to 1) be eligible for the group buy & 2) get in line before the price increase (whether the group buy numbers happen or not). I fortunately have a meeting in San Diego in a couple of weeks, so I will be able to stop by for him to do the measurements and sort out the final details. He said he doesn't have a complete sense right now of the numbers, but is pretty sure the gloves will reach 20 and thinks the jackets and pants will also. So, if you are thinking about making a Motoport purchase, now would be an ideal time.
  6. neoice

neoice n00b

Oddometer:
    I've also just ordered some gear, any of you other guys that posted before about purchasing stuff still buying?
  7. CsHoSi

CsHoSi n00b

Oddometer:
    I called yesterday and put in an order for pants, jacket and gloves under the FJR groupbuy.

Still undecided about stretch vs. mesh. Going to try and reach Wayne this morning.
  8. GT3Mike

GT3Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a pair of Ultra II Kevlar pants.
  9. UncleHowie

UncleHowie Dances with Buffalo

Oddometer:
    Patiently waiting for a return call... I'm in for an Ultra II air mesh Kevlar jacket.

Maybe some pants, too, depending on the answer to a question...:clap

Edit: I'm in for a custom Ultra II air mesh jacket, and the air mesh Kevlar pants.

Placed my order directly with Wayne, who answered my hundred or so last-minute questions. :shog

Thanks to johnny80s for setting this up, and to allriding for bringing it to our attention!:raabia
  10. RogueClimber

RogueClimber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All I bought were gloves for RogueWife but what a great company to work with. Called yesterday afternoon and they said the gloves would go out same day!

Thanks to those who put this together. :clap
  11. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Is it still possible to get in on the group buy? I don't want to go through the effort on the FJRforum just to find out the deal is closed...they don't need another ghost member.

-Phil
  12. msszq

msszq Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My understanding was that the group buy ended on 10/30 and the prices for kevlar materials were going to go up after 10/31. You can always call Wayne directly and ask, since he opened the group buy up to advrider folks (see his post towards the bottom of page 3 of the thread).