New TAC motorbike campaign

Discussion in 'Australia' started by roswellj, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Tagati

Tagati tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    I was thinking more about this today while I was at work. Something I think they should include in testing is a simulator test. That way people could be tested for there ability to handle situations that they couldn't be safely exposed to on public roads. I am NOT saying a simulator test should replace a driving test. But it could be useful.

When I was in the Army I had god knows how many driving tests. In all honesty I think they helped me become a much safer rider and driver. Regular testing could stop people like the oxygen thief in the "They just let them back on the roads unbelievabl" Thread
  2. Dirt Raider

Dirt Raider BORN TO RIDE

Oddometer:
    That is well said mate and dam true, the last add, the belgium add was hardcore some off the bike riders and mainly scooter riders need to watch them. I see people in thongs shorts and singlets and when you say somthing to them they say it only dose 60 k's, well i remember coming off my pushey at 15k's and that did enough damage.
  3. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Right with you, Tagati.
    I saw the ad in a pub recently. Couldn't hear the audio. There is one thing that is certain IMHO - the public authorities and their advertising agencies sure know how to exaggerate and NOT get the message across - not to the converted, but to those who need to hear the message.

The vision gives a totally unrealistic impression of riding. The back ground audio has horns and warning calls and revving engines, squealing tyres.
    The shock value of the last scene was somewhat lost on me, in my first view, because I can't recall the voice over through being shocked by the video. Now exactly why did the bloke loose control?

Not a fan. Nanny state telling us, yet again, "Don't do this, you will die. Don't do this, you will die." rather than saying, "Do this, it's a great thing to do. Just be aware of the consequences and what YOU can do to be able to reduce your risks."

Did someone say that the TAC is using their advertising as one measure to reduce the $ amount they pay in compensation? The position being taken is said to be 'We told you this was dangerous, therefore you are at fault" ???

Up here, yesterday's local paper had a fatal heavy vehicle collision on the front page with the headline "Will 10km/h less stop this?" My opinion - no. Because the same mistakes will lead to vastly different outcomes conditionally upon time and place. Just because we can measure the rates of collisions etc doesn't mean that the authorities are properly interpreting the information they gather, nor doing anything correctly about it.

Traffic authority boffins. As Ted Bullpit would've said 'Someone should blow them up!'
  4. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    Think ahead, ride within your limits, watch this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VruWHHEnZGw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VruWHHEnZGw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  5. kiwipeet

kiwipeet Uber Cyber Loafer

Oddometer:
    Great ad Ozy I like it.

SCray: I think you're being selective with what you interpret from the TAC ad.

The ad mentions you are responsible for what you wear, the choices you make and how you ride, and those decisions choices have a bearing on the likelihood of having an accident and the extent you may be inured.

Considering TAC's purpose and reason for existing, I think it's a fair and reasonable position. They're not responsible for the PR aspect of motorcyling. But they are required to clean up the messy bits after a spill.
  6. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:
    Now thats a good ad.:thumb They don't show it on hicksville TV thou ..
  7. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    Most efective ad ive ever watched,
    i was stuck in 3rd gear yesterday comeing home from woodgate,
    and i thought no worry no hurry,
    ill fix it when i get home...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  8. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    now thats a good ad
  9. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:

Warwick to Mungo then the long way home, the only threat was a P plater in a cage on a roundabout in Narrabri. FFwit.
    Wish they play that ad on TV
  10. mick0x

mick0x Adventurer

Oddometer:
    have you seen those ones on the hume that say "hands up if you don't wear protective motorcycle gloves" and they've got the piccy of the mangled hand? that's my slogan! came up with it at some market research a while back where they were showing us all these pics. you'll notice of course it's the funniest ad of the entire campaign.
  11. auRoscoe

auRoscoe Cerebral Failure!

Oddometer:
    Fantastic ad!
  12. Hytram

Hytram crash test dummy

Oddometer:
    In ref to the MotoGp/Mick Doohan ad

sooo.. think along the lines of TAC stats here in Vic (where they
    twist everything in their favour)

if we get rid of buses, AustPost, and Telstra and council owned road
    side furniture we would have cut the bike toll by 80%

(actually its a bloody good ad, having a go at the TAC)
  13. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    Might have to add big white post stickie up things to the list...

<object width="464" height="384" id="1486228" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Brazilian Guy Loses Bike and Slams Into Post Funny Videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTQ4NjIyOA=="></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTQ4NjIyOA==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="384"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/brazilian-guy-loses-bike-and-slams-into-post.html">Brazilian Guy Loses Bike and Slams Into Post</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">Funny Videos</a></font>
  14. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats fucking hilarious. Damn oldozy do you do anything other than cruising the net for good videos?
  15. OldOzy

OldOzy Banned

Oddometer:
    Um i break down a lot, but i try to ride everyday.
    it's just cut and past from JM ,
    lotta good stuff comes and goes in there..
  16. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll have to have a look, I only get time to have a local at the local stuff between work and family etc... should spend the time riding instead
  17. mcfear

mcfear now known as many things

Oddometer:
    haha narrabri, i spent 4 months this year working at a cotton gin there. paid for my KLR outright that job did.

there are some bloody dodgy drivers there though.