Triumph adventure gear.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by roswellj, Mar 10, 2011.

1. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All,
    Wondering if anyone has seen or bought the new triumph adventure gear? I'm after a decent jacket and pants combo and don't fancy spending bmw money on a set was wanting some real world opinions on how it is to actually live with.
  2. rxcoop

rxcoop persnickety curmedgeon

Oddometer:
    looked real nice at my dealers. i have an RC so am not in the market right now....but the gloves were so nice, i bought a pair. pricing seems quite reasonable....
  3. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    they had em at the IMS at Chicago last month -- looked good, felt fine, fit well, but I also have a two-piece RC -- more gear didn't make sense, and, though reasonably priced, I could have a pretty nice long weekend out and about for what they cost.
  4. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  5. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep they are the ones. Wanted some real world opinions though. Gonna go get me a set tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it is.
  6. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    Well this morning I drove 200km to my nearest city which has the flagship triumph store in Australia only to be told that they have the adventure gear at their warehouse and would only get it in if I ordered and paid for it without trying it on. I'm a bit miffed because I could have driven 500 metres down the road to my local triumph dealer if I wanted to be told that but given the one in melbourne is the flagship store I thought they would have it. Shall try my local dealer next weekend, if I have to order it in I'll do it locally.
  7. ibafran

ibafran villagidiot

Oddometer:
    Some years back, Motorcycle Consumer News (USA) tested textile riding suits and put the low cost Triumph gear up against RC, First Gear, and the like just to have something cheap(er) in the test. Results had it that the Tri, stuff was surprisingly good and the rating system showed it to be good in a dark horse way. While not given a 'recommended' rating, the article said that the stuff should not be overlooked by those on a budget.
  8. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow it sure sucks that you don't have phones in OZ:rofl
  9. roswellj

roswellj ARGHventurer

Oddometer:
    Given they advertise themselves as australias flagship store it would be reasonable to expect they would have it in stock. It's more the attitude of 'we can get it on but you'll have to buy it ' that pissed me off.
  10. mrpete64

mrpete64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think, in the long run, one is better off "sucking it up" and buying the Klim Adventure suit.
    Expensive, but in the long run, you get what you pay for. There gear will last you for years and they stand behind everything they sell.
    I do NOT have any affiliation with KLIM. I have just learned, over 64 years, when the dust settles, you always get what you pay for. Cheaper gear is just that...cheaper! When you bounce off a rock on your back, as I did, you find out why one jacket cost $800 and one cost $300. Four broken ribs later...$2000 for a cat scan...the KLIM jacket was a steal at $800.
  11. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    The Klim has a built-in force field :huh

The Klim is a nice jacket for sure, but it provides no more protection in a big off than many many other jackets....most of them a damn sight cheaper.
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    My problem with the Triumph Adventure gear is that it seems to be made for pumpkin shaped people, not for the cucumber shaped.

I'm 6', 155lbs, but much broader in the shoulders than in the hips. I could have turned the jacket upside down and it might have fit but I couldn't dislocate my arms enough ...
  13. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    Not sure which KLIM jacket can absorb that kind of force to the back. You're lucky it wasn't a direct hit to the spine, or you'd be paralyzed - back protector or not.
  14. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Inadvertent unrepentant wanderer

Oddometer:
    I own a Triumph air jacket, as does my wife. No complaints, been using for probably 4 - 5 years now and get a lot of use out of it in NC. I have a 3/4 length Triumph jacket I use in the winter for cold days, overall it's good but not perfect - but is anything? Get a little air up the sleeve and find collar irritating to get right but would buy one again. In cool weather I wear a couple of other brand jackets and have BMW and Heine Grecke pants. Quality wise the Triumph is pretty good, they are substantial items and really worth what I paid for them. Padding and abrasion resistance is very good, armour in air jacket is in right places, has held up well.

With only 1 winter coat and 1 summer coat but several mid-weight I guess I just made another point for Triumph.
  15. 1slickfj

1slickfj Guest

When ordering my Tiger 800XC (:D), the dealer had an Adventure jacket & pants (Very small sizes...). I checked it out and it looked like some very nice kit. I had already ordered some REV-IT gear, Dragon jacket & Sand Pants. After a couple of go rounds with trying to get the right fit on the REV-IT stuff, I was getting a bit frustrated... When I picked up my bike, they had some more sizes of the jackets. I tried one, and bought it on the spot (along with a pair of Tornado Pants).
    So far great kit. As good quality as the REV-IT. Great fit. I'm 6'1", 175lb and I got a 44 it the jacket, 34 in the pants. Jacket fits great, pant are great but a bit short in the inseam (might try a 36 in the Adventure Pants when they come in).
    I have to say the Triumph gear is of very good quality, dollar for dollar, it stands up to all the other brands. I also got my wife a womans Triumph Sympatex Jacket, and it a very nice, high quality piece.
    I've also got a pair of the Adventure gloves. Very comfortable and great on hot days.