Online parts.

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by mgarrett, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mgarrett

mgarrett How far to Murphy?

Oddometer:
    I'm getting ready to do the 24,000 mile service on my GS. I see several BMW dealers that sell BMW parts online at the usual BMW prices, which aren't cheap, but paying $16.00 shipping for a $13.00 filter seems a bit steep. Are there any other sources of the various filters, crush washers, o-rings, spark plugs, etc., needed for routine maintenance that aren't quite so greedy? Or, is my only option to buy in bulk to save on the shipping?

Any ideas?
  2. RJP3579

RJP3579 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. mgarrett

Oddometer:
    Yes, I found that and I have an email in to them to clarify which o-rings/crush washers it comes with for the final drives. Mine has the newer final drive that takes one crush washer and one o-ring. They may well get my money. It's a shame I can't just pick up the parts at a local parts store.
  4. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    What is the HOW?

I figured out what HOW is. It Wisdom section at the bottom of this page or Hall of Wisdom. It's not there but gfaqfpt has it. Gfaqfpt is usless like HOW but means GSpot FAQs 5.2

Click here.
  5. rodsram

rodsram Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 Beemer Bone Yard
  6. Schlug

Schlug A natural, zesty enterprise.

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    beemerboneyard. sell you the complete kit and what i've ordered from them is generally at my door in 3 days. 4 tops.
  7. DEANGELIS

DEANGELIS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
  9. Karlonz

Karlonz Alien underworld dude

Oddometer:
    Try ordering from the US from overseas. Bob's BMW quoted me US$480 shipping for a 6-pack of R1150 oil filters.......go figure?

www.beemerboneyard.com are the way to go. Look at their bulk service kits.
  10. matkal

matkal Assault Commuter

Oddometer:
    I've used Chicago BMW several times. Sometimes I got my order within a week, sometimes two weeks. It depends on whether they have it in stock.
    I would think regular maintenance items are in stock. They only charge a small handling fee($10 on $500 worth of clutch parts) and are friendly and knowledgeable.
  11. mgarrett

Oddometer:
    I got a response from Beemerboneyard, they include the o-rings/crush washers for both flavors of final drive (9 o'clock vs. 6 o'clock drain) in their 24,000 mile maintenance kit. I ordered last night.

Their shipping for the whole works was $10.74 vs. $16.00 for a single oil filter from BMW of Lynchburg.

Thanks!
  12. mgarrett

Oddometer:
    Meant to update this awhile back but forgot. Their email said their kit contained the crush washer for the final drive fill bolt (newer final drive with drain at the bottom) but it doesn't. It comes with the o-ring for the speed sensors for both the older and newer versions. No final drive fill crush washer. Still one hell of a lot cheaper than BMW parts.
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Let Mike know about that and he will add it to his kit. He usually has everything you need and more in his kits!

Jim :brow
  14. climberevan

climberevan planning the next journey

Oddometer:
    I'll second Bikebandit. I've ordered a lot of clothes from them and a few BMW parts. Their online fiche is really good, and the website in general is among the best ones i've used for any type of shopping. Prices beat BMW dealers as well.