1. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer:
    :zilla Direct hit, actually. :bluduh

<EMBED type=application/x-shockwave-flash height=315 width=420 src=//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/8mKIuZ4tIzk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Gene, (in Beaky Buzzard voice) "H-e-y, w-h-e-r-e y-o-u g-o-i-n o-n t-h-a-t B-M-W-a-a-u-u-u-g-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h.?" :poser
  2. HaysKSFirefighter

HaysKSFirefighter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I messed with them some. Unfortunately, with the amount of "pull back" these bars have from the factory it puts my wrists at a bad angle and is painful after just a short ride. I rode from Wichita to Cassoday and back with some guys from work yesterday, ended up being just under 200mi when it was all said and done, today my wrists hurt and the bottom half of my right hand is numb. I ended up working the throttle with my left hand for a while to help, and other times I would rest my hand across the top of the throttle to hold it in place so my hand and arm would be in line, but the grip was angled across my hand, if that makes any sense.
  3. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm running ProTaper ATV HI's that I am happy with....nice bike.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
  4. Yokomo

Yokomo Trials & Enduro Rider

Oddometer:
    I doubt new bars are going to help that any. Does your hand or fingers go numb at night?
  5. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    the dreaded Carpal Tunnel or squeezing bars to tight:huh
  6. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe ate at Strouds:lol3
  7. HaysKSFirefighter

Oddometer:

Not unless I have my arms pulled in tight with my hands by my head. The sharp bend at the elbow makes my bicep cut off some blood flow.

I would believe the first before the second. I have to type a lot for work and am going back to school so I've been using the computer a whole lot lately and sometimes my hands are tight/achy from it. I ride with a very light grip, most of the time if there is light or no traffic I will switch things up and ride one handed to give my hands a break. My shoulders are wider so I think the angle that my arms have to turn in and then my wrists have to turn out has a big part of the soreness/numbness. I will try to get a picture of it. It's hard to explain. But if you've ridden a strom and a GS or KTM ADV then you know the difference in the bars, I just think my body likes the straighter bars better. Or maybe it's the kid inside of me who just wants to buy new bits to customize his new toy!

I should have. Won't be able to now that they lit it on fire!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Yokomo

Oddometer:
    So you do have numbness and tingling in your hands that will wake you at night?

Is it just your hand or does it go up to your elbow?
  9. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:

There are 2 other Strouds and I prefer the one in the northland.

I also have had the CT operations in both hands which took care of about 80-90 percent of prob. Changing to aluminum bars w /wts took care of any prob I had with hands sleeping.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
  10. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    This guy pimps Yoder smokers but he does have a lot of recipes that are interesting.

http://www.smokingpit.com/default.htm

Doing a turkey breast this weekend.
  11. HaysKSFirefighter

Oddometer:
    It doesn't wake me up, the numbness will go from elbow down. It only happens when I have my hands pulled in underneath my head, after I straighten my arm and move for a bit it goes away. I think it's my bicep just cutting off some circulation. The pain/sensitivity in my hands could be a number of things. They've taken a beating over the years and have gotten burned more than once, now they are very sensitive to heat and are just achy all the time.

I had no idea! I've literally only ever been to that one.

I certainly hope I don't have CT, I would like to just keep believing that it's a bar shape issue combined with my wide shoulders and possibly fatigue from computer usage and getting beat up. I'm going to change bars and try to be more mindful of how my posture is at the computer, hopefully that will help get it sorted out.
  12. Yokomo

Oddometer:
    Sounds like cubital tunnel and possibly carpal tunnel as well. I don't know but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :norton
  13. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Typists, cake decorators, auto workers....etc. anything repetitious can cause....vibration brought some of my symptoms back even w/alum but adding the wts back on took it all away. so far
  14. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    I had visitors on GS's today. I wouldn't let them in the house of course, but I feel that it is important to acknowledge their visit and that they did come bearing gifts.

[​IMG]
  15. katbeanz

katbeanz earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer:
  16. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:

Want.
  17. 2whelman

2whelman addict

Oddometer:
    Hi Mogwai!! I dont check in here too much any more, sorry for the delay.

Mineral Point? Guzzi Rally?
  18. 2whelman

2whelman addict

Oddometer:
    just saw this, laughed by arse off. You really had to be there.....
  19. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the Guzzi rally. I may or may not be riding my Guzzi there. I'm trying to get a Race-Tech kit installed in the forks. Damn thing beats me up on those shitty Iowa roads. I still have the Versys, I can ride it.:D
  20. propforward

propforward PIE!romaniac

Oddometer:
    +1