My "Other" Bike - ZX-14

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by BigDaveSr, Dec 6, 2012.

1. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    Well here is my garage princess that never sees a drop of rain:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of go fast goodies!!!
  2. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    Just added the 50 HP dry shot nitous this summer, dynoed at 230+ rear wheel horsepower. On a real dyno just not a sheet of paper! :deal
  3. fireflyr

fireflyr HIPster Doofus

Oddometer:
    I don't even own any cars with 230 rwhp. Good gawd.:huh
  4. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:

Yeah, I didn't say I was smart! LOL
  6. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    The only time a ZX-14 can look small is next to a GS!

[​IMG]
  7. EricD10563

EricD10563 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice bike, I bet that gets the blood flowing. I would like to had a go fast bike to the garage oneday, not sure if I want something that fast!
  8. ramon

ramon weezin' the juice!

Oddometer:
    Damn good looking garage :D
  9. Davo-55

Davo-55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very nice. I see you have the TiForce high mounts . I picked the same. Best looking exhaust on the market for the ZX14 IMHO
  10. opmike

opmike Choosing to be here.

Oddometer:
    I like what you've done with the suspension and brakes. While I'm not a horsepower junkie, I've yet to own a bike that had either component to my taste, and it's usually one of the first things I look towards doing on a new (to me) bike.

I'd really want to have a ZX or Hayabusa in my garage at some point just for the hell of it, probably the former.

It would be awesome taking them out to a big oval track like this to really stretch their legs:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EW6kAXVMsR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Nophix

Nophix Ride. Eat. Repeat

Oddometer:
    Gorgeous bike! Gotta love bike power bikes, too. I had a VR turbo on my gen 1 Hayabusa, nothing like it!

I've had a gen 2 as well, but the ZX14 is calling my name this time around. So smooth!
  12. cls

cls Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the '12 14R w/Brocks stuff. It is a better bike than my '06 14 or my 'Busa, IMO. Very smooth, refined, and "stupid fast" to steal Brock's business slogan. More importantly, it's great on the road and in daily use, except for fuel economy. Great road bike if you're into the excess thing.
  13. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    Thanks Guys, the 14 is a beast and I love it. I have had GSXR's Ducatis's etc, but none of them fit my overgrown body. The ZX-14 is the first sport bike I have ever had that was comfortable for me. I have done 400 mile days and was still smiling when i got home.

The stock brakes and suspension weren't what I used too so I had to do some minor upgrades to get the ride I was looking for. The Nitrous was really just a add on to see what it was like, I rarely use it and when I do it's only in a straight line. Hang on.........................................
  14. Sport

Sport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have a stupid fast Busa myself and when the need for speed arises...well, you know what I mean. Have found some two lanes in Nevada that allow that kind of top end speed but alas, no banked corners. BTW, I always thought LRRPs lead the way!:D
  15. Worroll

Worroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're making me miss mine. Mine was an all stock '06. I never had any desire for any more from it. They are absolutely amazing bikes. Although mine saw a lot of rain and bad weather. It was my only running transportation for a few months.
  16. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:

nah....they're pussycats until you grab the loud handle.

excellent road tripper too, put 27,000 miles on mine in 18 months.
  17. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
    It's not any louder than a small airplane!!! :lol3
  18. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    The ZX is such an amazing bike, and you've got a sweet example. And I feel the same about size...and I'm not that big. At 6'2"/200#, most bikes fit just fine. But I have this weird need for a sense of proportion in my bikes, and I like the illusion, at least, that I have room on the bike. It's a preference quirk on my part that has kept me off of many bikes I'd most likely love...like the Duc GT1000, for instance. My brother is an inch taller than me and loves his. I get that Donkey Kong feeling after five minutes on it.:lol3 Once I got used to a longer wheelbase and a dash, it's hard to feel 'right' on some other bikes. Love how the ZX 'feels', and love how it accelerates and rides even more.

Nice bike!
  19. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    I have to agree Love the TiForce high mount :wink:. I still have one new in the box..as it got here too late before my 08 went bye bye.
    All the other pipes look like they are misplaced on this bike, high mount fits just right.
    Gary
  20. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    the TiForce is a good looking pipe, but I don't agree 'all the other pipes' look misplaced.

Area P slip-ons looked great IMO

[​IMG]