2014 Desert 100

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Sethro303, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    I like that but can you add "and little old ladies"? :lol3

I'm looking forward to the fun. Thanks for all of you for what you do to make this happen. :thumb
  2. One Fat Roach

One Fat Roach honey badger

Oddometer:
    Anyone heading from the west side that wants to rendezvous?? Not sure if I'll take Stevens or Snoqualmie but I know I'll pack better gloves and gear to avoid what happened last weekend. Im leaving Thursday or Friday and coming back Monday after the event...
  3. HH

HH Dahlonega GA Supporter

Oddometer:
    possible, weather permitting
  4. One Fat Roach

Oddometer:

I'll most likely be taking Snoqualmie pass over. It was only wet on the roads when I rode over the weekend of the 16th. No rain. Stevens was a different story on the way back.

Just over one week away!
  5. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No "little kids" on the dual sport special sections, so I'll be twistin' it! :evil
  6. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very true...time to let it hang out!
  7. WACJ

WACJ n00b

Oddometer:
    I intend to ride the duel-sport poker run (route-A) with (1) lap of the iron man poker run included. What is the total mileage for this excursion :confused<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  8. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the Ironman was a 30 mile lap last year. What bike are you riding?
  9. WACJ

WACJ n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll be riding a plated KTM 525 EXC.

The Dual Sport flyer states that route-A is 135 miles. I wasn't sure if that included any of the (recommended) family or IM laps :confused
  10. WSobchak

Oddometer:
  11. WACJ

WACJ n00b

Oddometer:
  12. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The dual sport ride is a good time. You head out on the highway and at designated spots you head out onto private land and follow a marked trail through the desert. The trails they lay out provide a lot of variety. Some bits are fast, some a little technical. It takes you past Wilson Creek and then over to some public lands north of Odessa and then south of Odessa. There is a motocross track and a flat track to play on.

It's layed out so you can ride as much or as little as you want. If you enjoy a section do it twice. Skip a section if you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  13. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Good summarization of the Dual sport loop...however....be sure to follow this years route chart/gps tracks. There are some changes that differ from last year.

I plan on riding it next year before the weekend of the race so I can see what you guys get to see.
  14. WSobchak

Oddometer:
    Where do we get the GPS tracks from?
  15. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our intent was to have it available on-line but that is not working out. Just getting the DS course on GPS with the help of Iain was a big leap in the right direction. Next year, we will try to get the tracks available on-line.

When you get your poker card, please bring your GPS unit to Touratech in camp or find the Dual Sport chair and they'll be able to load it up.
  16. One Fat Roach

Oddometer:
    Haven't used my GPS at all yet. I should figure that out this week.

Just got a new rear spring on the bike today. She has never been more ready to thrash in some dirt. So excited for my first D100
  17. tobster9

tobster9 Sky larker

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know how much extra gas I should pack for the race. Really hard to find out refuel details, I assume the Pitts are close to where people camp? At 50 mile laps I'm thinking I shd pack 2 litres, I'm on a yz250f stock gearing 13/48.

Any thoughts?
  18. redbastard

redbastard Long timer

Oddometer:

I ran my yz250f with a .8 gallon accessory tank last year with 13/49 gearing last year and was fine. Rather have too much than not enough. This year I upgraded to a bigger tank though.
  19. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gas is in pit row that is next to camp. That gear, short shifting and packing a couple of bottles of gas, you'll be fine. If you do use the extra gas, please pack out the bottle.

Mike
    2014 D100 Chairman
  20. RX2RIDE

RX2RIDE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet