Bozeman Uprising

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Putts, Sep 10, 2008.

1. dhaynes

dhaynes Alpha geek

Oddometer:
    What does that word mean?

I *would* be out there riding if it weren't for spending the last 5 fucking weeks with an acute case of labyrinthitis. I still have trouble walking a straight line so craziness on two wheels is just not an option :cry

I am sooooooo f'n ready to get out of this chair, zip up the electric vest, turn the grip heat on high and go exploring!

If this crap goes on for another week you can write to me care of Warm Springs :deal
  2. MTDuke

MTDuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I keep searching and reading Baja threads. If not this coming year I'm planning the next. My brother and I are picking up our trail from last year in Seattle next summer and riding the coast south to San Diego. Our plan the following year is Baja to complete the west coast. Of course, we will need to gear up differently. My Wee might make it depending on routes selected but his softtail would suffer.

I have 2 years to acquire and outfit a DR650. Duke
  3. roblund

roblund n00b

Oddometer:
    New to Adventure Rider, and motorbikes. I'm in Bozeman and I just found this site. There is a lot of cool stuff here. I am looking at getting a Yamaha wr205r or something similar come springtime. Would there be any "tame" rides in the area that I could tag along on?
  4. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:

no - call Tom Jungst for help 406-586-turd HURRY!
  5. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys.

Soon as we get these holidays behind us, I'll host another uprising and we can all cry in our beer together.

Here's hopin' 2010 kicks 2009's ass.

:wave

Tyll
  6. Steck-bob

Steck-bob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been out at pipestone a couple of times in the last two weeks, all the lower two track is in great shape, dry and no snow. I would encourage any one to head out that way for a good afternoon of riding in the dirt. :freaky
  7. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Oooo! Cool. Would someone do me a favor and scout out a good spot where the MT1000 could stay overnight at Pipestone and get a GPS coord?

Nothing special, just a good spot relatively flat for a ways where 100 people can spread out.

Hmm, I'm thinking we should have a beer night at one of the local pubs (still too much snow at my house, I think). Anyone up for that?
  8. Dust Rider

Dust Rider Banging in Bozeman

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of Pipestone until this storm blew in last night. I've got the Gasser all ready to go. Bozomoto Paul, I heard you were looking at buying a house so you could finally store all those bikes:evil
  9. dhaynes

dhaynes Alpha geek

Oddometer:
    I'm still stuck, have only ridden once in the last 3 months and it's making me iNSaNe!

Having old guy problems with vertigo and the only time I took a bike out was to charge the battery on the GS. Almost dropped it while I was still in the garage :cry

I don't even own a battery charger because I've always ridden both bikes all year 'round. I'm going bonkers here as we're finally getting the right drugs to work on the vertigo and now the snow is dumping. Even out here in Three Forks where we rarely have snow on the ground we've got a good 6" or so right now. I imagine Pipestone has more. Not sure about Radersberg, I think they're a little bit drier than here but wouldn't be surprise if they were under a blanket too.

Someone turn up the beer and let the bench racing begin...
  10. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Anyone who wants to have a look at three potential WestFest logos to help choose should come down to the Crystal Bar tonight at about 6pm.

:wink:
  11. sproutxj

sproutxj Bikeless..ok with it

Oddometer:
    :ddog
  12. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Oh!

<marquee>Uprising at Putts house!!!</marquee>

Thursday Feb 25th 6pm, 416 N 21 Ave.

Beer and Brats, you know the drill.

Well...no trials riding yet. :(:

13. Chains45

Chains45 Wait.... what?

Oddometer:
    Too much snow?

I can ALMOST get out of my driveway.....
  14. sproutxj

sproutxj Bikeless..ok with it

Oddometer:
  15. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Just a little bump for today's uprising at my place.

Addy above.

I know Brad, Paul, and Lincoln are most likly coming.
    Also a new guy Ed, you may have seen him posting maps in the MT1000 planning thread.

Anyone else?

:beer:dg:dg:kumbaya

16. L-Train

L-Train Dirt......Good.

Oddometer:
    not going to make it now....USA womens hockey gold medal game at 430....sorry
  17. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    Bummer. I got some headphones for you, so next time you're in town let me know.
  18. BozoMoto

BozoMoto Route of All Evil

Oddometer:
    I'll be rollin' up on my outrigger.
  19. MTDuke

MTDuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would love to but cant make it tonight, drink an extra one for me.
  20. icebox

icebox Long timer

Oddometer:
    Definitely not going to make it, one of these days,up in Whistler working at the games, just watched Demong and Spillane finish 1 and 2 in nordic combined, Gold and Silver for the USA. Way cool, an Austrian started first and Spilllane 34 seconds back, demong a little over 40 seconds. They just chased him down and put the hammer down on the last hill and crushed the guy. Two Americans entering the olympic stadium damn near all alone, not another skier even close.