College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
  2. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speaking of Wyoming....has this clown been fired yet? And to think that we have issues with some of Muschamp's sideline behavior.

<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaJDqBNo4cI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560"></object>
  3. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I fucking hate Tennessee. In 2002 we were marching in and this jackass threw a beer bottle and clocked a Crimsonette in the temple. Drumline got to him we slammed his ass back a few times in the face. I got him in the jaw. Two seconds later Alabama state highway patrol has him face down scratched up on the concrete in cuffs waiting on Tennessee counterparts to arrest him. They did and her Daddy pressed charges. Not sure what happened after that.

In conclusion, I hate Tennessee. Classless nobody's that dress like a garbage truck driver convention in that throw up inside of a pumpkin orange.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0
    No fruit sucks like the big orange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is no excuse or that kind of tiraid in college sports. That being said, I can understand his frustration, if in fact, the other teams QB faked an injury to set up the next play. It does happen, and in fact happened today in the Steelers game, No. 88 faked a leg cramp, next play he was back out on the field and was the first guy down on punt coverage. His cramps must not work like mine do.

I've see college games where a team is moving the ball like heck with the hurry up and gosh, some player falls down with a cramp!

I think something like making a player sit out the rest of the series, and not just one play, would cure a lot of cramps before they happen. :1drink
  5. ScottDill

Oddometer:
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  7. Jurgen

Oddometer:
  8. h2o_snow

h2o_snow Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer:
  9. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Looks like he was suspended and fined....seems appropriate response. He'll probably end up getting fired for being a lousy coach anyway.

Wyoming Coach Suspended

How do they know that they were fake injuries? the rule says that if play has to stop for an injury, that player has to sit out for at least the next play. That seems reasonable to me. Ever had your bell rung* or wind knocked out. Even a cramp can be stretched out in a minute or 2 sometimes. No doubt that gamesmanship happen...but so do minor injuries. No reason to keep a key player out longer than necessary.

* Of course the as we learn more about the risk of concussions we will likely drastically change the game over the next few decades.
  10. ScottDill

Oddometer:
  11. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Mack Brown is now crying about having too much plenty. He sounds like a 15 year old Paris Hilton. "But Daddy I wanted the cute little Mercedes and you bought me the Bentley instead." :cry

Mack Brown complains that the Longhorn Network is negatively affecting Texas &#8230; really, he did

Yeah Mack, we feel your pain, your school is only getting an extra $15 million per year for the effort. :baby

Oh, and you remember how this Network was a cornerstone causing Texas A&M do leave for the SEC.

I am thinking it it time for Mack to retire. With all the talent available from Texas he is running a second rate team and finding whiney fucking excuses to blame it on. Wow. Just wow.

:baby :cry :baby :cry :baby
  12. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Mack is flailing. He does need to retire...like he said he would in 2010. On the web forums like "Shaggybevo" the Longhorn fans are crying in their beers about how they lost Muschamp because of Mac's turnaround. He was a very popular assistant and of course this years performance by Florida has really rubbed salt in their wounds.

Mack's whining aside, the LHN seems like an unmitigated PR disaster so far. It's not even available in Austin :eek1

Anyway, aTm has been a good addition to the SEC. I am enjoying watching them play....so the LHN has that going for it. :lol3
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    TAMU is my favorite SWC-->Big12 South--->SEC team. But in College Football, when it comes to rivalries I am an avid traditionalist. Where I break from tradition is I want an EIGHT team National Championship playoff. :lol3 I know Texas A&M left, but that was after Texas killed the marriage with their "Bring me a beer bitch" attitude.

I used to slightly cheer for Texas. Now, I am very very happy to see them suffer.
  14. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    I agree. I used to live in DFW and most of my local friends were Texas grads. I love Austin and and Texas felt a lot like UF .....better actually, but in the same vein. But then they ruined it. UTex is a poison to college football. They almost killed the Big12, they ran off Nebraska and aTm...ruining two of the best rivalries in college Football.

I have to believe that the UTex / aTm game will be renewed in a few years...hopefully Oklahoma and Nebraska can do the same. There is nothing wrong with a OoC rivalry, Texas/Oklahoma was a great one before the Big12 was formed.

I disagree on the playoffs. There is too much emphasis on trying to determine who is the real "national champion" Screw that. I prefer arguing about it. Just give me good bowl games at the end of the year were we get to match top teams from different regions against each other. The BCS system has essentially done that and the "4 team playoff" will hopefully do it a little better. Eight (or more??) teams allows too many undeserving teams to get a shot and devalues the regular season. I realize that most people don't share this opinion and most every other sport has an extended playoff system.....but that's one of the reasons I like college football......every game counts and there is no absolute.
  15. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    I know you all sit on the edge of your seats waiting for the Lobo Report. Well I didn't see the game as I was en route to El Paso. (more on that later) I've only heard sporadic reports. But, yes, the Lobos gave Air Force a tough game. UNM was hampered by losing starting QB B.R. Holbrook to concussion. UNM's other QB, option phenom Freshman Cole Gautsche not suited up due to a concussion. Yep, the third string was in.

So what do you do when you have your third string QB playing? Run the ball.

Everyone knows you are going to run the ball. The defense can key on your running back. It limits his effectiveness. Yeah, so the aptly named Kasey Carrier only managed 338 yards. UNM lost to AFA 28-23 and fought through the whole game. I've reported on Carrier previously here. He seems like a good & smart kid. Hits wholes fast and spends more time running forward rather than sideways. The O line has been great. I expect to see Carrier in the NFL.

Narrow losses to conference rivals Boise State and Air Force with four wins. Pretty damn good for "The Worst Team in College Football." :clap:clap:clap

:deal
  16. Jurgen

Oddometer:

I like the idea of Eight-- no more. I used to think 16 or 20, but have changed. With Eight you get the six or so that have a real shot, plus can slot in a couple of more. It is still few enough that the focus remains on the regular season. One loss might drop a team out, and then the fans get to bitch about how they are better than... :lol3

Take the five Champions of the big conferences. SEC, BigTen, Big12, Pac10, ACC the best of the other conferences (polls) if they are ranked above 12 and two "at large" teams.
  17. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but the only difference will be, we will argue about the eight selected and so and so should have been included. If so and so were included, they surely would have won the NC.

I'm with Sdill, run what ya brung. Let the chips fall where they may. Gripe about it until next year and start over.
  18. ScottDill

Oddometer:
  19. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

One hopes he switched out the rectal tube first.
  20. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wrong SEC school.