ADV Scabbys

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Spikehead, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Spikehead

Spikehead Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    Off to adventure scoot-tour Nova Scotia. :clap

I'm driving up from Minneapolis with two Aprilia Scabby one-fiddys in the back of the truck. Spikewife then joins me in Halifax, where we hop on the two scoots for 9 days around NS, Cape Breton and maybe PEI. This will be by far SW's biggest ride ever. She has perhaps 1000 miles under her as a solo rider as of now, and we'll easily hit that mark by the fourth day. Hope the weather holds!
  2. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    :clap Sounds like a great time. I can't wait to see the pics! I've wanted to get up there to that area for quite some time.
  3. Cosmic_Jumper

Cosmic_Jumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Republic of Dreams , Bureau of Dubious Reality
    I believe we spotted you all parked at the CBI Info joint at the Canso Causeway last Thursday. We were on our way west, riding Silverwings, having done CBI & Newfoundland. Hope you had a great ride. We did. B'y jeezus The Rock can be a cold n' dreary land. Going back again tho --next time with heated gear.

Tim
    Philadelphia
  4. Spikehead

Oddometer:
    Indeed, a great time was had by all (both) of us. The Mrs. is now a certified scooter ridin' veteran.

Not a lot of pics taken, but I guess it's time I sprung for a Smugmug acct. just the same...
  5. Spikehead

Oddometer:
    That was us! I'd stopped in hopes that the staff at the Info shop would bolster my case/insistance that the Cabot Trail had to be included in our itinerary. The Mrs. was wanting to do a very small portion of it, thinking we didn't have the time available for the full loop. Good sense (I) won out and we rode the entire trail - and she was happy for it! :clap (Nice to win one once in a while...) Anyway, ~1,500 mi. ea. on the scoots while there. Great scenery, people and food. We'll go back as well, with PEI and Newfoundland on the agenda that time.

Travel IS good. :nod

PS: We had the heated gear running!