Building the ultimate toyhauler!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by pvangel, Aug 10, 2012.

1. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Ok.... If money was no object I would be on my way to pick this up tomorrow

[​IMG]

But that ain't happening.

I could as a reach get one of these but there are issues with it as well,

[​IMG]

The funmover is pretty cool but my issues are that there is really no great sleeping area, it's another oil change and an up keep issue as well as gas is going up again so it's not so cheap to operate.

I love these, LivinLite VRV, all aluminum construction so super lite and seem well built. I like the racing inspired interior, no beige couches and plaid curtains. I am not sold on the tip out tent/bed yet but it is open for discussion....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    munchmeister likes this.
  2. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    The price is what is killing me on the VRV, about $20,000 otherwise I would be on it like white on rice...
  3. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    These are $10,000 but seem cheap and from having other toyhaulers I know these beds suck and there is no storage to speak of,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I have had 2 other Work&Play trailers, one a fifth wheel and one 24' toy hauler. These are nice and I like there utilitarian design but the 18' weighs almost 5000 lbs empty and I am looking to tow with a 1/2 ton P/U, although it can do it the mpg drops down to the Funmover range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I like this trailer but it's friggen Beige everywhere and I hate Beige what do these designers think when they do these colors. These are trailers for men geeezzz...
    I do love the bunkbeds up front because I think they will function great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At about $12,000 it isn't outrageous, I haven't seen one in person and there aren't any close to me to look at
  6. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Solares trailers in Cali which seem reasonably priced but don't think they will be to the right coast. Not sure about the 8'6 wide either.

[​IMG]

There seems to be alot of 12-14' trailers in California?
    And I hate the Aluminum siding look
  7. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    My needs,
    Sleeps 2 (My 16 year old son and I) in comfortable beds that don't take a half hr to set up or are already set up.
    A shower with hot water, can be an outdoor shower.
    Holds at least 3 mx bikes but would prefer 5.
    Lite weight, 6x12 0r 7x14?
    Plenty of storage for mx gear and tools/spares.
    rv style door.
    at least one window.
    room for a cooler.

I'll continue to work on the want list but really it needs to be pretty basic.
  8. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I have had,
    Fifth wheel toy hauler,
    24' toy hauler.
    Class C and a trailer
    Homemade 16' trailer with separate garage and bedroom with bunk beds
    Ford E250 van all set up for Moto.

My friends say that you can judge the economy by the size of my trailer( which is currently a 5x8(pics are coming))

I have looked at these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I have seen them but have not found any dealers in the Northeast?
  11. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Current rig which is great other than there is no place to hangout on rainy nights and takes awhile to set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    What we do in the rain....

[​IMG]

So... thinking of buying a 6x12 and building it to what I want....:ear
  13. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Get a beer and talk to me (or out of it)

[​IMG]
  14. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    Went trailer shopping today and had a few minutes to do a quick budget for the build, what I have so far.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]Trailer, budget/build[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    2013 6x12 Haulmark Transport trailer, out the door $3600.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Roof vent (installed) 100.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2 rv windows(no install) 150.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Insulation ¾&#8221; High R 11 sheets @ $15 165.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Paneling, FRP 11 sheets @ $33.49 375.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Molding and glue 25.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Flooring, sheet Linoleum, 72 sq ft @ $1.00 72.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Trailer sub total $4487.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Plumbing,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]16 Gal water tank and pump $ 100.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gravity fill kit 30.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sink & Faucet 50.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Outdoor shower 25.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Water Heater, Eco temp L5 (Have already) 120.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Propane tank and holder 50.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Misc Plumbing supplies 100.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Plumbing sub total $ 475.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Outdoor RV Grill (mounts on side of trailer) $ 175.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Electrical,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]RV Battery and vented box $125.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Additional 12v lights (4@ $13.99) 56.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stereo and speakers 200.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Misc wiring 40.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Electrical subtotal $ 421.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cabinets, ebay diamond plate trailer cabinets.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 48&#8221; base cabinet $ 375.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 48&#8221; upper cabinet 180.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 6&#8217; locker cabinet 275.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 Vnose cabinet 200.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Cabinet subtotal $1030.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    Bed/Couch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Blazintech fold out couch $ 500.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Blazintech fold out bunk beds 500.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Bed sub total $1,000.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Trailer $4487[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Plumbing 475[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Grill 175[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Electrical 421[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Cabinets 1050[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beds 1000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Total $7608[/FONT]
  15. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    My labor will be at the same rate my wife pays me which is "0" so should be able to do it for under $8,000???
    Cabinets could be built by me for half that and I have some ideas about the beds/couch to save $$
  16. sailwing2003

sailwing2003 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had about the same needs and looked at doing the self build. I ended up with a Work & Play 18LT for only 50% more dollars than your budget.

It was a easy deal, got ready to do Moab in a couple of weeks after buying. Used it for a number of trips, and it worked great. Much better build quality than most of the rv style toyhaulers. Those are just stick walls on frame, with usually rubber roofs. The Work & Play are solid walls, and bolted on all 4 joints, and seem to last for years. They are heavier, and the longer ones are the same price as the 16' and 18' when I was shopping used. If I had been looking for a bigger W&P I could have traded up, as those were wanting to trade down, due to having too small of tow vehicles.

Good luck with your build.
  17. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I agree the Work&Play are great trailers but they are so heavy (which is why they last so long) and am worried it will kill my gas mileage, I'm thinking under 2000 lbs for my build trailer and those are closer to 4000lbs.
    If I had a diesel I wouldn't think twice on the W&P but the 1/2 ton gas truck will suffer I believe...
  18. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    I just checked and the 18' weighs 5200lbs, thats a heavy trailer.

If my build trailer starts at 1300 lbs and I add 700 to it (which I don't think I will) then add 5 bikes at 200lbs and say another 500lbs of gear etc than loaded it would be 3500 lbs. I'm guessing 3000 loaded but still that is a big difference.
  19. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    much of the gas mileage hit is from the trailer frontal area. Some streamlining pays big dividends.

Rod
  20. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
    The wind drag is a valid point and I am sure it effects the mpg but...

If you take a 5200lb trailer and add the same weight, 1500lbs to it that's 6700 lbs versus 3500 lbs that's a ton and a half extra your pulling up a hill and that's will definitely effect mileage,