young adventure riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by THE GAV, Sep 22, 2014.

1. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    Well Luke and Johny (my son and roreys) aged 9 and 8 respectfuly.
    Went for a 65 km enduro ride yesterday ay amamoor.
    They both went through shit that i have seen grown men crumble.
    When we are all old and buggerd, remember the next generation, get them into it. ktm 65 and klx 125, now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Don't baby them, make them climb hills 10 times before they get up
    keep them on the gas in top gear don't be shy when they cry and say please help me, give tough love.
    Luke had a visit from the ambulance today, possible fracture of collar bone, probably just bruised.
    When the ambo left we hit the padocks on the 2 bangers and went for more
    The new generation is what we are here for, put your own asperations aside and iclude them, they will be part of us when our number is up
    viva tugboat and all the other fallen soldiers.
    We live on in peace and harmony.
    I will try and put videos up, but working 24/7 and single dad etc.
    We should lock in a date for dads and kids adventure ride, don't worry about cops, we can smudge our way through that, private property, a few sly tracks, it will be good, also you don't need kids as it is all about good ausie mateship, all welcome, I'm thinking December so we can all sweat it out
    Lets smash it up and hold it flat
    Godspeed gentlemen.
    The gav
  2. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    No takers yet,
    Wait till we upload the videos
  3. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Good one GAV :clap (just saw your post). I've had my lil' bloke on board with me for Adv style rides since he was five. he is 10.5 now.

he's been out on the enduro track on his SX65 since he was 9... the enduro loop is only about 5 k's... but som pretty gnarly bits in there... unfortunately there are no large enough tracts of land around where we live in order to do any prolonged trail rides (nearest would be about 200 klicks from here) so for the moment it's mx tracks and the occassional crosscountry/enduro loop.

But for sure am looking forward to when he is 15 and we can get him one of those trick 50cc Euro/moped enduro bikes... then it'll be trailer to the trail head and adv rides galore! :clap

Great thread... can't wait to see you and your boy's tearin' it up! :thumb
  4. fifthgear

fifthgear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good one the gav they grow far to quickly and before long they will be roosting you while you are trying to keep up great time of life
  5. livo

livo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And here I was thinking that Muzz, wildo and I were the only young ADVriders :D I'm 27, about to turn 28 and never really see many other people my age on the road, especially on bikes.

Good work on getting the love of motorbikes started at such a young age :clap
  6. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    Awesome Troy, It beats any fuckin drug or sex in the world(with many nationalities included, you got the russion ones you got the japanese .....well you know the deal)

Mate i have to say that when i have put a post up you always have a possitive reply, I like that.
    My 950 will be on the rod soon, 300 and 650 are all go, knee is better, business is full on, you sure know how to roll Troy, you legend you.

Luke and I are going to Germany next xmas we might just jump on a plane and come and say hi, unfortunatly we cant bring our bikes so we might have to hire a couple off you? A postie will do me!!
    Asta la vista viva la TROY:clap:clap:clap

Hold it flat.

7. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    Take 20 years off and you got it, my first bike i had was a seized dt 250, when I was able to soak it in oil bash the piston down with a sledge hammer and some wood then put it back together i could ride, that was a 2 year process, I don't remember how old i was but when I held it flat I felt doves flying out of my ass:eek1

8. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    For sure! I'm sure that we can find an enduro axe in the shed that you'll be happy with... and something to fit young Luke. :D Then the four of us can head out "father & son" style to tear through some norsca fresh pines eh? :lol3

You do know that there is gonna be about a foot of santa dandruff around then... don't you... :evil:deal

[​IMG]
  9. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    I spent a fair bit of time in the rockies, lets go down some xxblack runs with home made snow tyres..... oh the mind boggles:lol3

10. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    anyway mate have had 4 tins tonight, 2 more thn usual, I've lost 14.7 kgs on the 10 speed and am tired, I lost that in 11 weeks
    Off to bed, have to rack stack and pack 500 meals tomorrow for a client, and that's just for a start.
    4 am start coming up too quickly:eek1 i'll catch a power nap and see you tomoz

respec

GAV
  11. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    just changed avatar

Testing:deal
  12. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    I'll try tomoz
  13. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:

awwwriiight! :clap

I was thinking more about the young bloke and chuckling to myself about your "tough love" comments in the opening post (I subscribe wholeheartedly to that theory BTW) :thumb

My mind cast back to february before last, and I took the young'un up to the "test track" on his SX50 to get some "snow riding experience"... :deal

[​IMG]

It was about 10 to 15 cm fresh snow on a frozen base... no spikes on his little 14"/12" tyres... and in the beginning he slipped and slip... arse over head a few times... I just said "keep at it mate"...

by the afternoon, we'd wore a good track in and he had the hang of it no worries...

[​IMG]

That was his last ride on the SX50...

.. when spring came, and he was on the new SX65 (once he got the hang of the gears) I could see right away the "snow" experience paid off... now when the rear slid out a bit - instead of just chopping the throttle (like he used to before) - he'd just react/counter his body position, feed it another gear and keep up it!

[​IMG]

Riding with the squirt is one (if not THE) biggest kick I get out of the bike these days. :clap

[​IMG]

C'mon Oz ADV dads... get the lil' boogers out and roostin' with you! :thumb I knw Gordo and a few have had some threads on here about trail rides with their kids (on private property) great initiative!
  14. rocketwheel

rocketwheel neil

Oddometer:
    Hi Gav. Sounds fun. My 2 boys and I would be keen to join you for this.

15. THE GAV

THE GAV The Gav

Oddometer:
    Luke and I are heading out tomorrow, we will do 2 laps 130ks

16. narcas

narcas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How far would a fellah have to travel from the east coast to join the hunt? I've got a 6 and a 9 year old just cutting their teeth. All the 9yo wants in all the world is to come ADV riding with me.
  17. rocketwheel

rocketwheel neil

Oddometer:
    Sorry Gav, can't make it today. Have to be a weekend some time. Thought you were talking December?

18. AusGoFar

AusGoFar get back on that horse

Oddometer:
    Is a young adventurer rider some one who is under the age of 45yo ?
  19. poppy

poppy Slow and Steady

Oddometer:
    Diggler's young bloke is going to be a lost cause, he loves the bikes.

[​IMG]
  20. IVA BIGGIN

IVA BIGGIN Live to ride

Oddometer:
    G'day I got my son his first bike at 5yo and he was hooked.
    22yo now and has had a 800gs for 3years and a built up a old r60 to a nice cafe himself. He has been to WA and the cape with me .so yes get them ino it with you early you won't regret