KTM 990 SUPERMOTO-R Thread???

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ktmMike, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ktmMike

ktmMike Long timer

Oddometer:

Kevxtx

Thanx for that info kafn8td:clap.
    He has been on this thread a few times.

2. evanphoto

evanphoto May G-d bless Evel

Oddometer:
    i haven't found much on this thread about led tail and led for indicators. any recommendations?
  3. rellim_63

rellim_63 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the exhaust info. Now the real question is the wings website says they design to run on the stock map. Also they say to do SAS removal and canister also. Is this really important to have them run right, or could i keep this stuff on? Ive only had the bike less than a year and dont really want to go tearing it apart yet.
  4. burgerking

burgerking echt bezopen

Oddometer:
    I didn't change anything apart from the cans. But I use the insert with the smallest diameter, without them these things ehhh wings are just too loud.

Only did the 15 minute reset after installing, engine runs fine.
  5. ultrachrome

ultrachrome Poser

Oddometer:
    You get what you pay for. Electrosport indicators wouldn't fully light up at idle speed. Replaced them with Rizomas which are nice and bright but probably not brighter than stock.

There's an LED tail light on ebay for the adventure. I've heard conflicting reports about whether it's an improvement over stock.
  6. ktmMike

ktmMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Ultrachrome, I've never tried LED's.
    When you switch from stock taillights to LED's, are you just changing the bulbs, or are you changing the entire taillight unit???:dunno

7. ultrachrome

ultrachrome Poser

Oddometer:
    Usually the entire unit. You can find LED's with bayonet bases that will fit in the stock sockets but hard to know if they're any good.

I did a little research for an LED bulb replacement for the brake light but webbikeworld.com did a review of several and did not find one that was brighter than a stock bulb.

These are pretty trick but no KTM fitment. However, given the wide variety of bikes they cover with only two models, I wonder if it wouldn't fit ours.
  8. ktmMike

ktmMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clapGood looking turnsignals, but it's the LED taillights and brakelights I'm curious about.
    We aren't required to have turnsignals to pass inspection here.

9. ultrachrome

ultrachrome Poser

Oddometer:
    Me, too. I like the quicker illumination of LED and the long life. I'm a little nervous having only one brake light bulb. I don't religiously check it.

I've thought of building my own LED solution. Designing the PCB and driver circuit seems straightforward enough but choosing the actual LEDs to use is a bit overwhelming.
  10. ktmjvh15

ktmjvh15 n00b

Oddometer:
    I saw earlier in the thread that TheTurtlesHead had installed this system on his bike. Did you do a custom remap with this? I was just curious if you remapped it using TuneECU or if you were using another tuning software. They gave me a map but its for the 08 version of the 990. Does anyone have any maps for TuneECU with this intake system to share?

I bought this for my 990 and have heard and read a lot of good things about it. Best upgrade for the money as far as horsepower is concerned.

http://www.ktmtwins.com/rottweiler-ktm-990-intake-system
  11. ktmjvh15

ktmjvh15 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey TheTurtlesHead I saw you posted an earlier thread about installing this. I have this same system for my 990. Did you end up remapping your bike? I don't see anything out on TuneECU for this bike with the rottweiler intake system. They gave me a map at CPR but it was for the 08 year. I have a 2011 990 SMR. Just curious if anyone has a map they could share for TuneECU.
  12. ktmjvh15

ktmjvh15 n00b

Oddometer:
    I saw an earlier post about exhaust. I purchased wings exhaust for mine. This guy Ken Darvin over at alternate cycle got both cans for 980, 1035 total including shipping from canada to so cal. If anyone is looking for exhaust the wings exhaust has the same finish as the akras but a hell of a lot cheaper.

http://www.alternatecycle.com
  13. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    the map that cpr has is build on my 2010 SMT.
    if you want a newer mapping just copy the fuel value's in the newer 2011 mapping.
    the mappings are back wards compatible, because the engine and ecu are for all years the same
    there are just minor changes on throttle control/lamda sensor reaction on the back ground on the newer mappings
  14. ktmMike

ktmMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think Al (theturlteshead) must be out on the job. He's gone for long periods of time sometimes.
  15. ktmjvh15

ktmjvh15 n00b

Oddometer:
    No problem. I actually ended up doing a search on the thread and came across some posts from kevxtx. Guess like an idiot I should have done this first before asking. He has a tone of useful information on the KTMSMT site. I found some TuneECU maps from some of his posts as well as all the mods he has done and details about them. His stuff is really helpful. Good stuff.
  16. nunuk

nunuk in thRuSt we tRuSt

Oddometer:
    After some mods and 22.000 km., a couple of pics of the sexy beast, just to cheer up a bit the thread :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this bike!
  17. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike. Many nice details. Like the orange rad guard!
  18. Steve Hunt

Steve Hunt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a cherry SMR 2010 or 2011, I assume you guys would post here first before trading in at a dealer or something crazy like that?

Steve
  19. Taz1200

Taz1200 .

Oddometer:
    I sold my SMR to a friend locally and he just traded it in on a new multistrada about a week ago...it is currently on Ebay.. the one in New Hyde Park NY...the bike is in great shape....
  20. Goofy12

Goofy12 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We're reluctantly selling ours. 2011, w/2407 miles. A few extras go with it.:cry