2013 Old School Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Kurt, Jan 21, 2013.

1. trophymoto

trophymoto MACDADDY!

Oddometer:
    Yes we did![​IMG]
  2. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, who's your new pillion passenger Mike?? :rolleyes :augie

I sure wish I had been in Curuso this weekend......... 68 hours in 4 days...... I'm fuckin TOAST! :cry :twitch :fpalm
    Yep, I'm still at work!

Boojum
  3. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, the rain gods got pissed at me for taking the free cabin and I got soaked on the ride home, but beat the really bad weather that's heading in later this afternoon. No real traffic to speak of, so I guess it was fine. I'm still frozen though.
    Had a great time despite the weather. Great to see everyone (except Phil38 who apparently is afraid of a little water...:lol3). Hope everyone else has a safe trip home. Let's get together at TWO when they get up and running again...:clap
  4. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Sweet! :clap
  5. Blimey

Blimey Smart Arse

Oddometer:
    Visibility on the BPR sucked on the back side of Mt. Pisgah, rode through the clouds most of the way to Asheville. We're home and dry now though.
  6. jbeem

jbeem Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in the dry now. It was a wet ride all the way to Cumberland Gap then it quit raining. XT Traveler split off at London headed north to Cincinnati. I got within 8 miles of home and the tire spit out one of the plugs and went flat. Tried to replug it but I have a feeling the tool that is used to install the plug rope wound up in XT's kit or he may have thrown it away.
    I called the wife and she brought the truck and I finished the last 8 miles in a heated truck with the Versys in the back. Still a great trip and good time.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rode all the way to Asheville in pouring rain. I did not take the BRP route but rode through Canton. I will post up some photos later, but I did not take many. Mostly of a few tents and bikes. Photos of folks watching a TV program about planes crashing just didn't seem interesting.

I think I may contact the Guiness Book of World Records folks. There may have been less "adventure drinking" at this rally than any other. :lol3
  8. Land

Land Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I'm home and warm and dry again. I need new overpants.:deal:rofl

It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this happen -- even if some of you organizers wussed out and didn't come.:lol3

Visibility at Cherry Cove on the BRP is pretty representative of what I saw up there today on the short stretch that I rode this morning (US276 to NC215).
    [​IMG]

I have a few (very, very few) pics that I took at the Meltdown. I'll try to post them tomorrow, but I mostly left the camera in the bag in the rain.

All the best,
    Chris
  9. trophymoto

trophymoto MACDADDY!

Oddometer:
    And thank you for the apple pie! It was D Lish
  10. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amen! :freaky
  11. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    My new digs with Heidi. At least it was dry during the monsoon!

[​IMG]

I thought my vestibule was big until I saw the two-car garage!

[​IMG]

Good looking /2

[​IMG]

Our Canadian friends installing his newly Fed-Exed starter.

[​IMG]

The river's rising!

[​IMG]

Later in the day I'm sure the girl on the Yamaha regretted not having a front fender.

[​IMG]

Rode hard and put up wet.

[​IMG]

That's all. The camera stayed put up most of the time to keep it dry! I had a great time! It's the people not the weather that makes these things! :wave
  12. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:
    I'll 3rd that, good stuff around the fire Friday night !

Mike
  13. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:

Well, who's your new pillion passenger Mike?? :rolleyes :augie

I sure wish I had been in Curuso this weekend......... 68 hours in 4 days...... I'm fuckin TOAST! :cry :twitch :fpalm
    Yep, I'm still at work!

Boojum[/QUOTE]

That was Bollock's roommate for the weekend. Sara brought him all the way up from Texas.:deal

He just had to sit on my sexy bike when he saw it....

:lol3

Mike
  14. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    Made it back home, what started out as a cold and damp ended just soaked. Friday I left right after work in a slight rain, stopped for some food and put on the electric jacket liner. So glad to have that thing, made the ride bearable, Eventually punched through the rain but found it again just South of Knoxville. Made one stop to get some liquid refreshment, but my duffel was completely full. Oh what to do, well as luck would have it I was carrying a replacement front tire...well hum my wheels started turning and.......what better place to put my Rolling Rock...

[​IMG]

Had a good time hanging around the campsite Saturday talking to fellow ADV'rs, good time in spite of the weather.

Sunday's ride was MORE soaking rain heavier rain, most of the way home, see you guys int he fall.
  15. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    Only took a couple pics. There here.
    Thanks to Land for the first one, stolen from his FB page.
  16. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No matter how much rain gear you wear, if you travel long enough and fast enough, your crotch gets wet. I did not clear the rain until I got East of Raleigh.

Here is a link to some pics I took.

http://s144.photobucket.com/user/OldBMWMaster/library/Olds Cool 2o
    I will post a more complete ride report later.

It is always interesting to see who shows up to these events. It was great to see you guys again. Great that Mike and his son were able to spend some time with us.
  17. Boojum

Oddometer:

I knew there was something wrong,........ I could just feel it in my bones.... :lol3

Eric: I'm sure Phil is somewhere "STILL" on the phone.......... speaking in a low voice, mumbling something to the person on the other end. :lol3 :brow:rolleyes

Boojum
  18. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got home to good ole' Goshen Oh about 3:15. Left J Beem around London and put my ears back ran about 80 most of the rest of the way home. Yep, the "inserter" is in my tool kit -- because it came out of my tool kit -- JBeem you didn't have one in yours -- sorry that you spit the plug though but glad you were near home and your wife could rescue you.

Good Rally -- even including the weather
  19. philp38

philp38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Hello...Hello can you hear me now...:lol3
  20. Boojum

Oddometer:
    Loud and clear, Commander...... :devildog I hear you were missed at the Rally this weekend. Care to explain yourself.... :lol3