Trip to Brazil Question

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by chilango13, Jan 13, 2013.

1. chilango13

chilango13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I plan on making the Soccer (Futbol) World Cup in Sao Paolo, Brazil starting on the 12th of June 2014. My question is,,,approximately how many days does a trip like that take. I don't plan on doing any sight seeing on the way down, I will be riding a 2012 650 V-strom...Thanks! Roman
  2. chilango13

Oddometer:

Anyone? :D I know this sounds like a dumb question.:huh I only have 6 weeks for this trip. I will be leaving my bike there and returning for it the next summer.
  3. markharf

markharf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since you ask....

There are a couple of reasons no one's answering. One is that your question is asked fairly often, and some of us get weary of answering the same question repeatedly when you could easily do a site search on your own.

Another reason is that you're asking the equivalent of "How long is a piece of string?" Realistic answers from experienced riders will tend to begin and end with "It depends...." because it does, in fact, depend on a variety of factors. You can make it in 6 weeks if you push hard, stick to the main routes, and have no major breakdowns or accidents (and have no particular interest in doing much besides ride every day)...which is another way of saying, "it depends."

A third reason is that you say "a trip like that," but fail to state where you're starting.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark
  4. chilango13

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mark. It was a "dumb" question! I know three weeks is pushing it, since I'm starting from Los Angeles. I guess I will just fly there and make the motorcycle trip to Brazil with ample time in the future to acutally enjoy the Ride.

Thanks Again,

Roman
  5. luciosiq

luciosiq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hate to use the word "impossible". But, in my opinion, three weeks are just not enough even if you push hard.
    I know a couple of riders who have done it (Miami to Sao Paulo) in 40 days - but, as Mark said, it was just riding hard every day. No time for breakdowns, having a beer, talking to people etc.
    Take care.

6. chilango13

Oddometer:
    Thanks!!...this trip will be made when I retire, eight years from now...thanks for the reality check!!:D

Roman