Engine Rebuild In Denver

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Patj551, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Patj551

Patj551 Motorcycle & Empowerment Coach

Oddometer:
    I wondered if any of you inmates can recommend someone to do an engine rebuild on a 2003 Suzuki Savage LS 650. The motor runs smooth and has good power but there's a definite "knock" especially under load. It appears engine was run low on oil and possibly needs bottom & top bearings and maybe bored. I can remove the motor and deliver. Any recommendations?
  2. Desert Scoundrel

Desert Scoundrel Banned

Oddometer:
    Try SuperTune on Colfax and Carr, right next to Let It Ride. I don't know if they do rebuilds tho. A very good machine shop that MIGHT rebuild bike motors is Gunn Automotive on Federal just north of Alameda. I know they will do all the machine work but not sure about a rebuild. Good luck!
  3. Patj551

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Good idea...also just occurred to me to call SuperSmooth at Let It Ride. Appreciate the suggestion!
  4. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    +1..... You'll like Mike. :D
  5. greenramp

greenramp Airborne

Oddometer:
    Epic in Frederick, CO
  6. Sig_Sour

Sig_Sour Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    'nother vote for SuperTune...Mike's an outstanding citizen and they have a decent riding gear/parts store right next door.
  7. Patj551

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I called Super Tune yesterday for a quote. Now I'm giving my local shop a chance to match it. Thanks for the suggestions!