let's see a picture of your camping setup and how it all fits on your bike... please

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by ClearwaterBMW, Jun 8, 2007.

1. MrSandman818

MrSandman818 INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer:
    Its a slime compressor. I cut the top half of the houseing off and left it inside the lower portion. I did that to keep it from melting my fairings and there are little rubber motor mounts inside. I also used ducting insulation to keep the heat off the plastics and to keep the noise down. I mounted it inside my left front fairing.

I need to get some better heat resistant tubing because it did melt while inflating 2 tires back to back. Other than that its great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Nice set up sandman :thumb

Thanks for post and pics:freaky
  3. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Clever grill builder - who are you?:ear
  4. the kaz

the kaz has become "FERAL"

Oddometer:

Try useing air brake hose. Its better with heat and will work with the fittings I see in the picture :D
    Jsinaz likes this.
  5. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
  6. GSAndy

GSAndy Andy

Oddometer:
    For a first post, this is our set up for last year for a trip from UK to Eastern Europe. This shot taken near Cesky Krumlov in Czech Republic.

I am riding a 1200 GSA and my wife, a 650 CS (now replaced with new GS). The GSA has the standard ali boxes, Bagster tank bag, Ortleib bag on pillion and the little Touratech bags on the crash bars.Wife has Hepco and Becker Junior panniers, BMW tank box and Ortleib bag.

Tent, awning, groundsheet, sleeping bags and self inflating mats go in Ortleib bags with a Decathlon chair on top of each. Clothing and general camping stuff in panniers, waterproofs, tool kit and valuables in top boxes and easy to get at stuff like cameras and sun glasses in tank bag.

The tent is a Robens which I initially loved as it was very quick to erect and a good roomy design. After two years all the plastic windows rotted like bio degradable bin bags and Robens don't care so it has been replaced with a Vango Vortex (I obviously won't buy another Robens and I have always found Vango reliable and good value)

Now wife has GS with big ali boxes I am looking forward to even more comfort this year.

Attached Files:

7. GSAndy

GSAndy Andy

Oddometer:
    And another shot in Sighesoara in Romania. Most of the "washing" hanging around the tent is a vain attempt at keeping cool.

Attached Files:

8. ElZeeko

ElZeeko Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here´s mine

Attached Files:

9. Gurkis

Gurkis Adventurer

Oddometer:

Love the setup! :)

Looks like you pack alot of stuff onto that bike, but still doesn't look overloaded.
  10. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tent camping on the route of the USA 4 Corners Ride. Here on the Trans-Canada between SSM and Montreal, 5-31-10. Could be prettier, but it worked.

Attached Files:

11. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    And a typical camp set-up.

Attached Files:

12. snowjob

snowjob Thinking about bikes....

Oddometer:
    Still a work in progress, but it seems ok so far.

Attached Files:

13. teomannaskali

teomannaskali Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent thread!
  14. teomannaskali

teomannaskali Long timer

Oddometer:
    What brand are those panniers an will they suit a gs?
  15. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this ^ pic, there are 7 beer bottles in the right side of the blue bag, (pack it in; pack it out)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wolfman expedition tank bag keeps the Katadyn Hiker pro water filter, goggles for me, wallet, keys, snacks etc. The Wolfman Large Expedition duffle keeps everything else (Sierra Designs tent, cook kit, machete, first aid kit, Big Agnes Buffalo Park sleeping bag in a Granite Gear compression sack, etc) Rotopax carries 2 gal of fuel and makes a nice base for supporting the duffel. In the blue folding chair case is a Thermarest and spare gloves/layers for easy access. Also have an Orgeon Benchmark atlas in a plastic sleeve for easy access, and REI camp stools because they weigh nothing and it's nice to be able to have a place to sit at camp or even short snack breaks.
    Can't say enough good things about the GSI Pinnacle Dualist cook kit, also the SOTO micro regulator stove. The stove, 220g canister, and Jet Boil base all fit inside the cook kit to save space and keep it protected. http://www.rei.com/product/785338/soto-od-1r-micro-regulator-stove http://www.rei.com/product/783287/gsi-outdoors-pinnacle-dualist-cook-system
  16. davsato

davsato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    this is my mate jon who only has a supermoto when we all decided an impromtu spur of the moment weekend camping at a bikeshow was on the cards. how do you load up a supermoto? its my old bike and id made a carbon luggage plate on the back, after a lightbulb moment in the workshop, he was sat on the perfect rack..............

Attached Files:

17. triplenickel

triplenickel Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always the same, 2 nights or a month. Leaving on Saturday for a 5 weeker!!
  18. motorang

motorang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Uh - thats a difficult one

The current setups are very much differing depending on bike an occasion.

This is a winter outfit, the packing list is 4 pages long:
    SR500 hack, with open cover. On top one of my ski bobs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tent is big, a Scandinavian cotton model. I am teaming up with a friend to transport the kitchen equipment :evil

[​IMG]

On the other hand, this was Romania recently, on my XT500, touring with 2 friends. We had a tent with us, but the tarp did it for this overnighter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Andy
  19. teomannaskali

teomannaskali Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you attach the peli cases?
  20. NoShock

NoShock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A trip down Mexico/ Central America way. Too much stuff