All things Automobile - THE definitive car thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Bueller, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since this is the ALL things automotive thread, can we at least agree that this is the coolest and best looking racing car of all time?

[​IMG]
  2. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    Noted. :thumb
  3. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    I never found a snow blower attachment for it, but I have a 1968 gravely snow plow.

[​IMG]

:rofl

Back on topic - sorta.

Did the hit every dealer and look till the mind is overwhelmed thing yesterday. Ended up back at the Ford dealer and drove the focus and escape. Decided on a focus as her daily driver then will look for a family hauler to keep as a third(wait, that's the jeep) fourth vehicle. :D Did some price investigating, came up with a target price and emailed multiple dealers. Second dealer to respond was under my target price, so time to rework my numbers. :doh
    I figure by Tuesday I'll have it down to one or two dealers, then take the van in and get trade in estimates. If the numbers work, great. If not, the auto show is in three weeks. I can start all over then. :norton
  4. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
    At first glance, I thought "Wow!, Thats now my wife's Miata!" On closer inspection, it isnt.

And yes, I am very secure in my masculinity,

Wife's Miata on the left, mine on the right. we LOVE these cars, consider them the best cars we've ever owned.

[​IMG]
  5. C Squared

C Squared Now without TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Problem with those miata's is at 6'1" the view through the top of the windshield frame is sort of restrictive while driving.
    And, when the top it up it sorta interferes with the head.

Boxter or S2000... Plenty of head room and a view through the screen. :deal
  6. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:

Got it a few weeks ago, it has its own thread. Loving it.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  7. cogitate

Oddometer:
    Sorry about the big pic, thats from my cell phone :eek1

Last night I took it out in the rainy weather to figure out the traction control and stability control, still confused :norton

Ran into a starbucks to use the bathroom, there was a fellow, probably about sixty, walking around and asking everybody a question. Then he left.

I went out side to my car, and he was standing next to it, admiring it. He was asking around to find out whose car it was. He had a turbo RX7, and never saw a BRZ before and wanted to know all about it. He told me that this was definitely going to be his next car, he just loves Japanese sports cars!
  8. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    I dunno about that, but it is one of the best sounding vehicles ever at full song.
  9. cogitate

Oddometer:
    I would love to drive one of those.
  10. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    http://monstermiata.webs.com/ :deal

I want to drop a built 335 in one, its going to be scary if I ever get a place with a garage.

My brother won't drive his Miata with the top closed...he's a couple inches shorter than me.

I did notice that a Boxter S fits me rather well.....of course with a 30,000 dollar premium
  11. Oscar

Oscar Constant Antagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    After 30ish years of car ownership, I bought my first Ford today - and Aussie Falcon in this colour:

[​IMG]
  12. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap Awesome! Wish we had those in the USA.
  13. neumie

neumie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The engine options on the Falcon are interesting. Nice looking sedan, similar shape to the old Mazda 6.
  14. FloridaSteve

FloridaSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    A car thread huh... OK I'll play. As seen in downtown Jacksonville last Saturday. Caught this one through my windshield as it waited at a light. Any idea if the 4 door 55-57 Chevy project will save a decent premium over a 2 door? Cause this one didn't suck.

[​IMG]
  15. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Rollin 2016 RK and 2 BMW R 1150 GS s

Oddometer:
  16. C Squared

C Squared Now without TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Years ago, standing near the Billy M. Bridge at Road America (when the bridge existed) I was listening to lots of cars like that make the circuit. The V12 "bundle of snakes" exhaust Ferrari car like the Ford shown was by far the sweetest sounding car. Only car that could be heard ALL the way around the course! You could listen to it and know what corner or straight it was in at all times if you knew the course. EVERY other car would go silent here and there....
  17. ddavidv

ddavidv The reason we can't have nice things

Oddometer:
    Absolutely!
    The 4 doors are pretty much just parts cars for 2 doors, convertibles and wagons. The rise in value of the others have brought the 4 doors up from the basement, but they are still very affordable. Endless repro parts mean keeping one running and looking good is a simple chore.

However, you may want to drive one before you commit. They are old cars, and drive like it. Pathetic brakes, lazy steering.
  18. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Rented a Focus sedan this weekend in California.

After three years, their "dual clutch" automatic transmission still sucks.....slow to downshift, noisy/creep issues at idle, and the damn thing barely got 30mpg in almost all highway driving.

I want to like this car, but the sightlines are awful, the backseat packaging doesn't work well, and the Sync/driver information panel just isn't getting easier to use.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. wrecked'em

wrecked'em satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer:
    ok a question. friends kia is making noise from the power steering pump. just had it replaced. look at it and its full. i thought they mave have air in it so removed the cap and had her turn the wheel. the fluid began to foam up and spill out. instean of red its more of a pink color. im not a mechinic but ive never seen that. any idea?