Dualsport Fairing w PnP LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Feb 20, 2012.

1. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good comments, Mr Ken

And we know you put some skin into one of these projects so you know it is not a 5 minute job.

Graphics - John & I have talked about this at some length. I think both of us have had higher priorities. But if you have any visions, please share them.

Stand off - The design of the fairing brackets & fork brackets was designed for flexibility from day one. This fairing can be positioned as far forward (within reason) as you like. The best way to do this is to use (2) fork bracket kits which gives you 4 fork bracket mount points. You can now insert any width spacer bracket between the fairing brackets & the fork brackets. As an example, you could fab a piece of sheet metal 2 in wide x about 7 in high, insert (4) holes at .5 in edge margin to match the holes in the fairing bracket. Do 2 of these. Assemble this and wa - la, the fairing is now 1 inch further forward.

if this is unclear, let me know. I will provide pics.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jim :D
  2. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still wanting to get one of these for my LC4, trying to figure how to maintain my dash/speedo.
    Also wondering if it would be a good choice as my bike sees a lot of low speed off road and trails.

(mostly because I ride slow) :D
  3. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Maintain my dash / speedo"? Is you setup different than OEM? The fairing clears all OEM equipment. What is your setup? :D
  4. mototifosi

mototifosi What does this one do?

Oddometer:
    That is "great" news! Have communicated with Harcus several times regarding this and sent pix of our light brackets... There are tons of these WR250-R's/X out there. I will hold off on purchasing until there is a WR specific unit. Looking for PnP!

Keep up the great work!
  5. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope, stock LC4. Just not sure if I can keep it in the same place.
    Need to look at it closer I guess.
  6. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Awesome build sanjoh! And a decent price, I am coming up with excuses not to buy it. Might be easier if you post where you can buy and update your initial post.
  7. Rainier_runner

Rainier_runner Heh..?

Oddometer:
    Where can I purchase this? Did I miss it on the advmonster website?
  8. Ghostyman

Ghostyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm getting one for my DR350. Really looking forward to it. :clap

There were some pictures of flush mounted turn signals on some of the earlier pictures. Any info on where those can be obtained?

[​IMG]
  9. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    I am almost ready to pull the trigger, but need some info. I will be installing on a DRZ 400. From what I have seen the electrical is PnP. So if I do not purchase the dimmer, will I be able to switch low and high beam or do I have to have the dimmer module to do that? And if that is the case does it work on the factory switch? Thanks!
  10. TonyfromOR

TonyfromOR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh: My "vintage" XL 600 has an AC headlight system. Any solutions?
  11. kbuckey

kbuckey Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    On mine I have the bottom light set for low beam at about 50% of max (and it's about as good as the stock light on hi-beam!), and, with my factory switch, I can then go to full on on both lights, which is incredible. I also run a pair of Solstice 10s aimed pretty wide so that on low beam I still have the sides of the road covered for the pesky critters that are out there. I also have both the fairing lights and the Solstice lights on their own switches so I can turn them off for starting or when I'm running the heated grips and the heated jacket. I really, finally, feel I have adequate - great, actually - lights on my DR650.
  12. Ghostyman

Ghostyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pics of your setup? I'm putting one of the fairings on a DR350 and am curious how much the Solstices help. Right now I'm just planning on running the fairing with two lights but you've got me thinking of adding some lights to help illuminate the sides.
  13. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    So you need the dimmer module to accomplish that?
  14. kbuckey

Oddometer:
    That's my belief. Course, I suspect if you had an in with electrons (which I decidedly do not) you might be able to do it some other way.
  15. kbuckey

Oddometer:
    See posts 169, 170 and 171 of this thread. The Solstice lights don't show up very well, because that wasn't what I was trying to show. I mounted them where the front side reflectors usually are (probably in violation of several laws). In post 171 you can just see the right one from behind.
  16. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:

Gotcha, I was just being a cheap ass BMW rider.:deal Putting my order in tonight.
  17. chucker

chucker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone mounted one on a KTM 690 Enduro? Got any pics? The stock lighting on my bike is easily the worst i've even seen. Would the stock signals need to be relocated at all?
  18. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Got mine in the mail today, will wait until the dimmer shows up to mount and post photos.
  19. GypsyWriter

GypsyWriter Yup, I'm a girl.

Oddometer:
    Holy crap this fairing is sweet!!!

Subscribing so I don't lose this thread. :D A DR is in our future and I love this setup. :thumb
  20. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    :deal

After riding everthing from single track to the highway at SLAP rally, the fairing continues to amaze me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was concerned about the fairing getting in the way in the more knarly stuff, it didn't.

Used the lights at night to gather some firewood:D

[​IMG]