SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    Someone had a pic from Moon Pass on Facebook a week or so ago. Looked like there was still plenty of snow. I'm going to call Shoshone highway district tomorrow, will post what I find out.
  2. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, it sounds like Moon Pass is out. A19, do you still have the tracks from the ride we did down to and thru McCroskey State Park? That was a fun ride, worthy of a sequel. :ricky

At this point, I'm thinking of being at Chester Store, on Dishman-Mica and Bowdish, ready for a 10:00AM rollout, having had breakfast. Head south from there, wander around a bit and maybe stop and rattle Live2Ride's cage a little bit in Conkling Marina.

Any better ideas?
  3. Schweitzer

Schweitzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Feike, I'm in. See you at ten.
  4. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    We will be here all day, there might even be a couple of beers in the fridge. :deal
  5. Alpha One Nine

Alpha One Nine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Feike,
    I don't think I'm gonna make it tomorrow.
    I have been very sick for the last few days and unless I have some kind of miraculous recovery I'm not going anywhere.

Here is the track file from the 7/6/2013 ride
  6. Motomedic

Oddometer:
    Okay boys- if I've converted that file correctly, we'll travel south to McCroskey, cut over to 95 and head for St Marie's. Should be a good ride. The last time it was a 200 mile day, give or take a few. Of course, nothing is set in stone, detours are both possible and probable, both metaphorically and physically. :D

Oh, and detours are not always planned.... :p3rry
  7. DrStrangeride

DrStrangeride Let them Eat Roost

Oddometer:
    Have is a good off-road route from Valleyford>fairfield>plummer>St. Maries>Harrison, but the file format is *.kmz (just realized that AdvR does not allow uploads of this type)

8. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    Stopped off at Palouse Falls the other day and stumbled onto the geocache logbook. When I opened it this page was the first to open :eek1

[​IMG]
  9. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    Heya Spokane area riders I have a favor to ask you. I just got out of the hospital from a pretty bad car wreck (Well at least I thought it was bad) I'm going to be laid up for about 6 weeks (hopefully) with a double fractured pelvis. So during my downtime I would love it if all ya local riders would share as many Dry Side pics as you can so I can live vicariously through your rides.

Doesn't matter if it's a ride to the store or all around Washington and Idaho, I would really like to see them. Thanks in advance :freaky
  10. Bgunn

Bgunn Listo

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, and will do my best to honor your request.
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    You never know where you might stumble across me. :lol3

Sorry to learn you had a car wreck that left you temporarily wrecked. I hope you heal as fast as possible.

I think I can mange to grab a photo here and there for you. I know how bored a person can be when they are down with an injury.

Lots of positive healing thoughts headed your way and some photos soon.
  12. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    I will takes some pictures of my daily rides to work. :1drink
  13. Motomedic

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Jimmy. Here's a couple from today's run into the CDA NF.

I woke up feeling less motivated, so no run to McCroskey. It was just me, Schweitzer and my buddy JP, so we headed up behind Fernan and over to Ohio Match Road. Little bit of snow still in the North facing corners...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a great day yesterday. Headed out late morning and got breakfast at Country Boy Cafe in Athol-great as usual. Stopped at work for an hour or so, then headed down 97 to St. Maries. Picked up the old RR grade road and went to Calder for lunch. As I pulled in I noticed a couple ADV bikes...one is probably the only other matte green Tiger XC in NID right now! Go in and get chatting with those guys (other inmates-sorry that I don't recall the handles-senior moment). We headed up the grade to Avery and were warned that the road was still closed due to snow. Supposed to start plowing TOMORROW! I showed them where Squaw Creek campground was (they were camping-it's the one under the high trestle on Moon Pass. I headed back down the Joe, up 3 to Cataldo and visited some friends at Lost Moose Campground for a while, then headed for home. Nice day.
  15. EmptiMind

EmptiMind Not so young, but still stupid

Oddometer:
    Got Rachael on the v-strom for the first time yesterday. She took it around Newman lake today. Seems to be very comfortable on it, which means time to sell the Buell, and maybe her Sherpa. Looks like I need a new ride.

[​IMG]

I was riding her sherpa behind her yesterday and today. I don't understand how she's able to get that thing to 75. I hit 68 indicated today and thought I was going to die.

Anyways, speaking of my new ride, this belong to anyone we know? Saw it on craigslist and I want it!

[​IMG]
  16. redneckmech

redneckmech No burrito left behind!

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about the accident... Here is to hoping you heal quickly:beer
  17. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    Thank you all for the well wishes...it helps, it really does :thumb.

I'm pushing it as much as I can with the non-narcotic pain meds that I'm on. It is so beautiful out there, I just want to ride!!!
  18. Wildyams

Wildyams n00b

Oddometer:
    Had an awesome weekend up at Priest Lake. Still some snow up in the mountains that I didn't want to try and take on while riding by myself, so I headed down to the beach to enjoy the 70ยบ sunshine and get my burn on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Hammy713

Hammy713 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That was quite the trip we had as well! Running into the people on 4 wheelers and then you turned that ride into an amazing trip. Thanks for showing us the campground too. We had a blast and that area is unreal.
  20. Brian7cees

Brian7cees Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live up by priest lake and am game to go and show others,new trails up here. Also I may be able to go to metaline falls this coming weekend depending how my wife us feeling. Had surgery yesterday.