Camping along the Trans-Lab

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hammerhoot, Nov 17, 2012.

1. hammerhoot

hammerhoot dual season rider

Oddometer:
    Looking to do a trip on the Trans-Lab in the summer of 2013. We will be taking the ferry from Matane Quebec to Baie Comeau, going up to see Manic 5, and then dropping back down to Baie Comeau and onto the Trans-Lab. We are going to be camping all the way up, if the weather holds. Anybody have any suggestions on campgrounds on the way out or good places to camp? Showers onsite would be great. Places to stay away from would be helpful also. Thanks
  2. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    In Churchill falls there is no campground but camping on the church lawn is encouraged. Police keep an eye on your gear and across the street is the company store/restaraunt/hotel/school/swimming pool/library etc all in one building. Next day you can do the free tour of the generating station underground. Massive.
    On the Labrador coast Pinware Provincial Park and on the island i like the River Of Ponds campground. Cheap, clean and friendly. Showers and laundry facilities.
    As a sidenote there is no need to hide to stealth camp because it is legal to camp on any public beach, woods road or anywhere else that catches your eye. You can strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere and anytime and the people will show you the best spots.
  3. Littlepeter

Littlepeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This place is just outside of Goose Bay. Nice, clean campground, and very friendly people.

Peter
    [​IMG]

P.S. Manic 5 is on the way to the Trans-Lab. No need to return to Baie Comeau.
  4. sdbruns

sdbruns Potemkin villager

Oddometer:
    Manic Cinq is where the fun begins. Don't turn around there, keep going. And don't forget your bug protection of choice . . . redundancy might be useful here.
  5. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stayed here on my Trans-Lab Trip in 2011. The lady running the joint was super! There were showers, laundry facilities and access to telephone and wifi. The sites were a bit open and sandy, but I met some great folks in RVs who couldn't believe I rode a motorcycle to Goose from Nova Scotia.

C.